Ninety Two

(A/N)

Ummmmm WHEN did this get so close to 100 chapters xD

******

Scott had only just walked out of the kitchen, having put the plate he'd used for his microwave dinner in the sink, when he heard the doorbell.

Assuming it was Avi, he didn't think to put a shirt on along with the sweatpants he was wearing.

But when he threw the door open and saw Mitch standing there in tears, he couldn't have acted quick enough; grabbing his hand to pull him inside the house. "Are you--?"

Mitch spoke quickly, tears falling down his face as he slammed the door shut. "I'm here to apologize. Because I shouldn't have been so mean to you. I shouldn't have snapped at you, and I most certainly shouldn't have let you take the blame for the entire incident."

"Mitch, I--"

"Don't tell me it's okay, because it's not okay. I should've explained myself immediately so we wouldn't have argued. I should've--"

He was talking too fast, almost like he was afraid he'd run out of time to say everything. Scott reached out carefully to place his hands on both sides of Mitch's face. "Breathe, babygirl. Slow down."

Mitch took a deep breath loudly, and then continued. "I shouldn't have told you to stop touching me, I shouldn't have ignored you, I shouldn't--"

Scott quickly kissed him, but Mitch only kept talking against Scott's lips, which made Scott chuckle a little.

With their lips still pressed very firmly together, Mitch continued to mumble. "I didn't mean to be rude, I was just worried about David which was stupid because you're my first priority--"

"Mitch, I love you to death, but shut the Hell up. It's okay. We got in an argument, and it's okay. It happens."

"But--"

"No. My turn to talk. I forgive you, and you forgive me, and I love you. And that's all that needs to be said. Did you run all the way here just to tell me this?"

Mitch leaned his neck back just to see Scott's eyes, leaving their bodies as close together as they were. "Maybe... I just couldn't stop thinking about it. You were so.. Betrayed-looking. And I can't get it out of my head." Mitch wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeve.

Scott frowned at him, and leaned forward to kiss his forehead, before pulling Mitch into a hug and holding him there. "It's okay, baby... It's all gonna be okay."

Mitch held onto him tightly, loving the feeling of Scott's smooth skin under his fingertips. "I love you... Like, a lot... Like, so much it worries me."

Scott hummed softly. "Why does that worry you, baby?"

Mitch sniffled a little, bowing his head a little to rest on Scott's shoulder. "I don't know... I just... I don't think I've ever loved somebody this much..."

"Well... I love you too. If that's any consolation."

Mitch giggled a little. "Yeah... That helps."

Scott was quiet for a few moments, merely closing his eyes to enjoy Mitch's close company. "Do your parents know where you are, babe?"

Mitch sniffled again. "Yeah. I told my mom I was coming over to check on you, and then instantaneously burst into tears."

Scott grinned almost proudly. "God, you're so sensitive. And it's so adorable."

"Leave me alone." Mitch muttered, and then giggled. "I'm upset; Be nice to me."

Scott squeezed him a little tighter, and then picked him up off of the ground causing Mitch to groan a little and then laugh.

Scott was quick to set him back down. "Fuck, sorry, I forgot, are you--?"

"Don't go; hug me until I fall asleep." Mitch mumbled, and then giggled again.

He wasn't listening. Scott responded by putting a hand on Mitch's shoulder as he bent a little to look directly into Mitch's eyes. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to squeeze your ribs at all."

"No, no, I hardly even noticed. Hug me."

Scott was a little more careful about it, trying to hug Mitch around the lower stomach as he lifted him up again. Once he was convinced Mitch was perfectly content, Scott swung him around a little, before setting him on his feet again. Then he did his best to execute the dance move of lowering Mitch down off to one side of Scott's body, using one hand directly at the center of Mitch's back.

Mitch giggled, placing both hands on Scott's face when Scott leaned down to kiss him. "My beautiful, and surprisingly strong boyfriend." He then ran his hands down Scott's scruffy beard, smiling widely as he did so. "I love you."

"I love you too. And if David ever lays a hand on you ever again, I'm going to take his hand and shove it so far up his ass he'll turn into his own puppet."

Mitch's eyes widened a little, and then he started laughing. Laughing and laughing until he cried, and Scott had to hold him again.

*

The next Friday that came, Alex had a soccer game that he'd invited the others to.

Scott left Mitch with Avi, promising to meet them later.

He'd then gone to an appointment at his favorite tattoo parlor; Sure not to tell Mitch about it.

But Kirstie knew, and wanted to come with him. She was probably the most likely to get a tattoo herself, among Alex and Mitch.

She held his hand through it, though Scott was much less nervous about it than she was. It was almost as if she was the one squeezing his hand out of pain; Though the needle wasn't touching her.

Halfway through the tattoo, the artist was humming something to himself, and Kirstie leaned toward Scott to speak in a way she hoped wouldn't interrupt whatever the artist's groove was. "Is this for Mitch?"

"Mhmm. He said he wanted me to get a tattoo down here. I'm not really sure why."

Kirstie giggled a little. "You should've put his name there. That would've been funny."

"He's already told me not to do that. But... I think this is subtle enough."

"I think you're right. He's gonna love it."

The artist looked up suddenly, the needle held carefully in his hand. "I'm gonna tug a little more on your pants, Hoying. They're kinda in my way."

Scott helped him as best he could, lowering the hem of his underwear as well so his clothing was riding as low as possible without showing anything off. Kirstie still gasped and dropped his hand so she could cover her eyes.

The artist continued as normal, but Scott frowned a little at Kirstie. "Didn't realize you hate what I look like."

She peeked at his face. "I didn't say that. But that still doesn't mean I wanna see all your... Lower extremities."

"Nothing is even--" Scott exhaled loudly, looking away. "Kirst, I wouldn't just flash you without warning. Everything's covered; Promise."

Kirstie removed her hands from her face, glancing down at the tattoo artist's work on Scott's lower stomach, before she grabbed Scott's hand again with a gasp, again acting as if the needle were touching her own skin.

Scott looked over at her. "See? It's fine."

"It's not fine. Doesn't that hurt?"

"Not as much as you might think."

"That was like... The most cryptic answer you could've come up with."

Scott only grinned. "Sorry. Um... No. The answer is no." He glanced down at his own stomach. "You really think he'll like it?"

"Are you talking about the tattoo or..? Because everything looks great from where I'm sitting."

He squinted a little as he glanced back over at her. "Are you... Hitting on a gay man?"

"Uh... No. But if I'm suddenly a lot more jealous of Mitch than I usually am--"

"You're my new favorite of Mitch's friends. Just so you know."

**