Hundred Twenty Two

"We're with Avi Kaplan." Scott mumbled to the bouncer, Kirstie hiding behind him because she wasn't as used to the whole process as Scott was. 

The bouncer scanned Alex up and down once, and then Kirstie, before he nodded. "Right. I expect you guys out of here before one, got me?"

Scott nodded once. "Not a problem."

"I'll call Avi if you're not. And he can get you guys out. No problem."

"Okay, cool. Thanks, man."

The bouncer held the door open for them, and Scott gestured for Kirstie and Alex to go first. 

Alex bravely went in, Kirstie grabbing his arm to follow him. Scott trailed behind them, glancing around the place quickly to get a feel for it.

Kirstie was only in the building for about a minute when someone approached her to offer her a drink. She looked up at the guy, and took the drink with a grin. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Wanna come meet my friends? You can bring these guys if you want."

Kirstie smiled widely, enjoying the feeling of being hit on. It made her forget about Jeremy, even if only for a second. "Okay."

Alex followed her, Scott behind them with no emotion on his face. 

When they reached the table, Kirstie's admirer pointed at the girls and boys at the table, before he smiled at Kirstie. "These are my people. Now that we've settled that, please come dance with me?"

Kirstie nodded, setting her newly acquired drink onto the table. "Absolutely."

One of the girls jumped up and grabbed Scott's arm too. "And you, my dear, should dance with me!"

Scott looked down at her, and then shrugged. "Okay."

A very tall blonde woman grabbed Alex's wrist and pulled him to sit beside them at the table. "And that means you get to stay here with us." 

Alex sat down with her, eyes wide as he scanned all the girls staring at him. There were also two boys there, but they seemed really into each other.

Scott's arm snaked around the girls waist as he leaned forward to look at Alex sitting at the table. "Are you gonna be alright? I'll getcha a drink if you want."

"I can't drink, Scott. Sports teams get random drug tests, and if I get kicked off, the team is fucked. Remember?"

"So... I can drink then?"

"Yeah. Go for it."

Kirstie looked at Alex too. "You're sure?"

The blonde woman caressed Alex's upper arm with a wide grin. "Oh, we'll take good care of him."

Scott laughed loudly as the girl on his arm pulled him out to dance, and he kept laughing even as they started dating. 

The woman in front of him leaned forward with a smile. "My name is Josefina. Go ahead and call me Jo, handsome."

"I prefer Scott, but I'll take that nickname any day."

Kirstie grinned at the two of them, making sure that she and whomever she was with danced near them just in case. 

She stood up on her tip toes to speak to the guy. "Name's Kirstie."

He smirked at her, eyeing her up and down. "Maxwell. Let me get this out of the way, really quick. You're single, right? And... I'm not helping you make someone jealous..?"

Kirstie giggled a little, grabbing both of his hands and placing them on her hips. "One hundred percent single, Maxwell."

*