Scott glared at him. "Do you want to eat lunch or not? I'm not gonna stand around and fucking argue all day."

"Scott." Mitch scolded. "Don't you dare use that tone with me. I'm not just one of your classmates, Hoying. I'm your boyfriend, and you'll speak to me as such."

Scott considered arguing, but knew better. He hated when Mitch was mad at him. Mitch would just.. Stop talking to him. And Scott couldn't handle that. "Fine."

"Are you sorry?"

"No. He deserved it."

Mitch rolled his eyes. It just wasn't worth it. "Lets go eat lunch, okay?"

"Whatever."

"I'll share with you, if you want. I know you don't bring one."

Scott didn't respond, he just began to walk down the hall.

Mitch frowned. "Hey."

Scott turned, an unamused expression on his face.

"You forgot something." Mitch stood up on his tiptoes, pressing a quick kiss to Scott's lips.

Scott tried to keep kissing him, even when Mitch pulled away, until Mitch finally put a hand out to stop him.

Mitch giggled a little. "You're so aggressive."

"Yeah. I get that a lot."

*

Avi ended up sharing his lunch with Scott, though Scott didn't ask.

Mitch was sitting beside Kirstie, talking with her about the role she'd gotten in the upcoming school play. Mitch suddenly turned to Scott. "Scottie, would you please please please go with me to see Kit's play?"

Scott just blinked at him. "What, are you kidding?"

"No. I want to go, and I want you to come with me."

"Mitch, we'll talk about it later."

Mitch frowned at him. "But... But... Scott."

Scott didn't respond, turning back to his lunch.

Kirstie gave him a small smile. "Scott, I understand that you don't really show your face at events... But it would mean the world to me if you'd go. I'd love to see you there."

Scott glanced up, unable to resist the sincerity on her face. "I'll think about it."

Avi raised an eyebrow. "Really? I mean... Really?"

"Yeah, maybe. So what?" Scott snapped at him.

Alex came jogging over, practically appearing out of nowhere. "Hey guys."

Kirstie looked up at him and smiled, patting the spot on the ground next to him. "Sit with me?"

"I actually can't. I have to go change for the game, because the bus leaves in twenty. But I wanted to ask if you guys would come to our next home game. It's on Thursday, and... I'd really appreciate the support. Just something to think about. I'll see you guys later!"

As he walked away, Mitch turned to Scott again. "Scottie would you please please--"

"No, Mitch. I hate this fucking place, you know that. If you want to hang out with me, we'll do it on our time."

Mitch pouted. "You're no fun. Fine, I'll just go alone. All by myself."

Kevin smiled a little, looking up from his math homework. "I'll go with you. I'll drive, even."

Scott gestured to Kevin. "See? There you go."

Mitch stood from his seat and walked over to where Scott was leaning against the cement planter. "Scott, you're not listening. I want you to hang out with me once every blue moon, is that so much to ask?"

"Well maybe if you'd tell your parents about us--"

"You know I can't do that. You won't tell your parents either!"

"Because they don't give a single shit, Mitchell. Sophia isn't even around anymore, and you know damn well that Connie left ages ago. You want me to tell my dad? Really?"

"Why not?"

"Rick doesn't care either, Mitch. If I catch him in between rounds of leaving me home alone for a week and drinking himself half to death, then sure. I'll tell him everything you fucking want."

Mitch blinked a few times, and then he took a deep breath. "You're right. I'm sorry, babe. But... You know I can't tell my parents. My father would have my neck."

Scott reached forward to grab Mitch's upper arm, pulling him into his chest to hug. "I know. I shouldn't have said anything. That was unfair."

"When you get your car back, we can do whatever you want. It doesn't have to be school related. I just... I want to hang out with you, Scott. But you're never willing."

"Of course I'm willing. I just don't want to do it here."

Mitch hesitated a second, leaning his shoulder into Scott's chest and reaching forward to trace one of Scott's tattoos with his fingernail. "Promise me you'll take me out when you get your car back."

"I promise. The instant I get the keys back, I'll go directly to your house."

*