I Can't Leave You (Leo x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Alright...can we just take a minute though?" Donnie said.

"We're safe for now, so now would be a good time to rest up a bit." Leo agreed. You looked around and found a cooler. You opened it and grinned.

"Guys, we're in luck." You said. You tossed each a water bottle.

"Heh, thank god." Leo said with a relieved smile. You grabbed one for yourself.

"It's not much, but it'll help at least." Donnie said. You sat down, leaning against the wall with the bottle you unscrewed the cap and drank some. The guys seemed happy you'd found it. Leo sat down next to you as you all recovered a bit.

"You doing alright?" He asked as the rest of the guys looked around for other useful things.

"Yeah. I'm alright. You?" You asked.

"Could be better." He replied honestly.

"I think that's all of us right about now." You said. He nodded. You remembered when you and your old friend, Kent, had tried to stop Drek together. You were lucky to make it out alive. Kent hadn't been so lucky. Struck down by and axe trap. Got a good swing on his torso. You frowned. "Leo....I just wanted to tell you, if one of us or both of us don't make this, I wouldn't change a thing about meeting you guys." You said. He smiled.

"Me either." He said, giving you a hug. 

"Hey guys, come here." Donnie said. You both got up and went over. "I think I found something." He said. He opened a hidden vent that lead out of the room.

"Why would an air vent be hidden?" You asked.

"Maybe it's some sort of escape route or something." Raph said. Mikey kept looking around and found a panel. 

"Hey, what's this?" He asked. You came over and looked at it. It looked like some of call machine. You'd seen things like this before. 

"I've even this before. Drek uses them to call materials to certain places. Maybe we can use it." You said.

"Try it." Raph said. You pressed a button, but you didn't know the button also scanned your finger print. It went red along with an alarm sound. You gasped.

"Oh sugar honey ice tea!" You hissed.

"What?!" Raph asked at your random sentence.

"Tell you later! Run!" You said. The room started filling up with smoke. You coughed. "It's toxic!" You choked out, eyes watering.

"Quick, in the vent!" Leo said. The boys darted in, but you were nearly choking from the gas. You couldn't see since it stung your eyes. You felt a hand grab your arm and drag you into the vent. You kept coughing as you were dragged along hurriedly. Once you'd made it to another room you collapsed on your back still coughing.

"(Y/n)?! Are you alright!?" You heard Leo's voice. 

"She inhaled more of it then the rest of us." Donnie said.

"What can we do?" Raph asked.

"I still have some water." Mikey said. Donnie took it and gave it to you. Your eyes had stopped stinging so you drank some and it helped. 

"T-thanks." You said, your voice still a little hoarse. Leo helped you up and you guys looked around. You were in another large hallway. This one had metal walls and a pure white cement floor. You started walking. You pulled out you phone and checked your digital mapping and tracking system. Only a few more rooms to go.

"How much further?" Raph asked.

"Only a few more rooms to go." You replied.

"Then let's get moving." Leo said. You all kept going, but it was then you realized how cold it was getting. You shivered and you noticed your breath coming out in a cloud.