Chapter 125

(A/N)

I feel like I never ever wrote anything from the time period when Avi gains the pack from Travis, so I figured this would be a good time to do that xD

Just to be clear; This is a few weeks after Avi becomes the Lead Alpha of an actual pack.

*********

Kevin pushed a paper over the table toward Avi. "Also, Kirstie needs more suppressants for emergencies, she's run out."

Avi nodded once, glancing over it. "Alright."

"And the house payment is due in a few weeks, so we still have time to worry about it but I just thought you should be prepared." Kevin slid him another paper.

Avi nodded again, looking down at it. "This seems... Low."

"Yes, I've been taking precautions to keep our electrical especially at a lower rate than normal."

"Oh... Thanks for that. You don't really have to worry though. I've got a deal with my parents, as well as Mitchell's and Kirstie's."

Kevin slid him one more paper, and then used his black ink pen to circle a date on there, as well as a name. "These are Mitch's most recent doctor visits. He hasn't had a physical since Travis took him in, and he needs to get another physical to be officially accepted into your pack, so that the Counsel will know what injuries come after he's joined your pack. What injuries are your responsibility, if you will."

Avi took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay. So, today would be a good time?"

"Yes, I've called already and scheduled him an appointment. But please remember that you need to take Kirstie to the dentist today to get her records transferred into your name."

"The dentist? Goddamn, why does everyone need so much paperwork just to be in this pack?"

"Sir, I wish you wouldn't use that word... It's just a big responsibility for you to have taken in all four of us at once, that's all."

Kirstie walked into the room all of a sudden, a wide smile on her face. "Alpha, Sir, is it almost time to go?"

Avi looked over at her, quickly scanning her outfit. "Oh, you look cute. Yeah, I'm almost ready to go." He looked to Kevin. "Can this wait until I get back?"

Kevin quickly put the large paper clip over his papers. "Yes, of course. Would you like me to take Mitchell to his appointment?"

"You know the rules, Kev. He needs an Alpha with him for a doctor's appointment. Thank you for the offer though."

"So you'd like me to ask Alpha Scott to bring him?"

Avi stood from the table. "Yeah. Thanks."

*********

Scott drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, nodding along to whatever was on the radio. Mitch occasionally glanced over, thinking about how funny his hair looked bouncing around as his head moved.

Scott caught him looking once, and he turned the volume down a little. "Everything okay?"

Mitch quickly turned his head to look out the window. "Y-Yes, Sir, I'm so sorry."

"Oh... Mitchie, don't stutter. You know there's nothing to be afraid of. It's just me."

Mitch smiled a little. "Yeah. Sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to stare at you, I just... Your hair is super fluffy."

Scott ran his fingers through it, grinning proudly. "Oh, thanks."

Mitch only nodded, before bringing his fingers up to chew on some of his fingernails. He was able to do it for a few minutes until Scott caught him.