Chapter 95

(A/N)

Mkay so I believe they started dating when Grace was about 16 or 17. Woooo

*********

Grace skipped down the stairs, first checking the living room for Landon, before she moved to the kitchen to see Landon talking to Mitch about something. "Hey, Lando, you ready to go?" 

Landon jumped a little, turning to her. "Oh! Yeah, absolutely. Can I just have one second to tell Dad I'm leaving?" 

"Of course." Grace took a seat at the counter to wait for him. 

Landon gave Mitch a small smile, and then rushed up the stairs to find Scott. He knocked on Scott's bedroom door quickly. "Dad?" 

Scott looked up from his computer, where he'd been helping Avi with some of the load of emails. "Yeah, baby? Come in, honey." 

Landon peeked in the door. "Um... I'm about to leave with Grace..." 

Scott pushed his laptop aside. "Aw... Honey, you look nervous. Don't be nervous."

Landon finally walked in the door, very grateful for his dad's ability to read him. "How can I not be? I'm scared to embarrass myself. What if we go out on this date, and then she hates me?" 

"That won't happen, honey. You two are already best friends; she knows almost everything about you. You're going to be fine." 

"Would it, uh.... Be okay with you if I maybe texted you a few times just... So you know everything is okay..?" 

"Absolutely. Just tell Grace that I told you to keep me updated or something, and then you'll have an excuse to text me whenever you get nervous." 

"O-Okay... Thanks." He leaned down to hug Scott, who was sitting on the bed. 

Scott pulled away to grab his chin to scold him lightly. "Hey, stop it with that stutter. You get it from your mother but I won't tolerate it, okay? You've got nothing to be afraid of." 

"I understand. I'm sorry..." 

"Don't be sorry, honey. Have fun, okay? I love you." 

"I love you too. Uh... Can I ask you for a favor?" 

"Anything you want, baby." 

"Would you please help me do my hair? I... I want it to look like Mom's."

Scott grinned at him. "Yeah... I think I could do that." 

********

Landon came down the stairs brushing his bangs to the side, as Mitch often does. His hair didn't look quite like Mitch's, because his hair wasn't cut in the same way as Mitch's; But Scott did what he could. 

Mitch grinned at him as he came down the stairs, noticing that Landon's bangs were off to the same side as Mitch's were. "Lookin' good, baby." 

Landon blushed a little. "Yeah, uh... Dad thought it would look nice..."

Mitch shook his head slowly. "I bet he did." 

Grace stood quickly, car keys in hand. "Ready to go, Lando?" 

"Yeah... Sorry for making you wait."

"Oh, no. Not a problem at all!" She responded with a reassuring smile. 

Mitch crossed his arms over his chest as he looked to Grace. "You'd better take care of my baby. Treat him well." 

"Yes, of course. We'll be back before eleven."