Chapter 29

(A/N)

Essentially just a continuation of last chapter :)))

ALSO Y'ALL I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I GOT AN EYEBROW PIERCING AHHH LOOK LOOK LOOK

AHHHHHHHH OKAY ILY

*********

Kirstie put Grace to bed, before joining Avi in their own room.

She'd cuddled up to him, and ran her hands through his hair in hopes of making him feel better.

Avi was in too much pain to really do much else. And when Kirstie offered to talk about what happened, he just shook his head.

"Kit... I'm sorry. Can we talk in the morning? It hurts..."

Kirstie just nodded. Avi would never ever admit to being in pain. So for him to say that... She knew he must've been severely hurting. "Alpha.... Honey, I'm so sorry."

Avi shook his head once, and closed his eyes. "No, it's... I'm okay. I promise I'll talk about it in the morning."

"Whenever you want. It's totally fine."

"Can we... Sleep now? Please?"

"Of course. If you give me my goodnight kiss first."

*********

After Kirstie had fallen asleep, Avi snuck out of the bed.

Meanwhile Scott was holding Mitch as tight as he could, Mitch having finally stopped crying.

Mitch finally started exclusively hiccuping for breath, hands still gripping Scott's shirt as tight as he could. "What did I do wrong? What... What did I do?"

"Aw, honey... Nothing. You didn't do anything wrong. Though... You know better than to get in his way when he's angry."

Mitch whimpered again. "It hurt so bad, Scottie. And I thought I broke my back... And... I was so scared."

Scott held him a little tighter, kissing his temple. "I know. I'm sorry, honey. I'm so sorry. I should've stopped him."

"No, I... I'm not blaming you. I just think... I don't know. My back hurts, Scottie."

"Did Todrick say it was okay for you to not go to the hospital?"

"Mhmm... He said I didn't hit my head very hard, but he's worried about my back."

"I am too. I'll take you tomorrow. Just in case."

"But--"

"Baby, no. It's non-negotiable."