Chapter 65

(A/N)

Hmm this is interesting. Timeline here is obviously when Mitch and Alex are still in Jamie's pack.

*******

Mitch only woke up because he felt Alex jump up, Alex then rushing over to the door to meet an Alpha.

Matt was there. "Alex, you know better. You can't lock these doors. What if I'd been Jamie or Tony?"

"I'm sorry, Sir. I just wanted Mitch to be able to sleep..."

"I understand. I'm just warning you, that's all. Jamie has a key I think, anyway."

"Yes, Sir."

"Anyway, I'm here to tell you breakfast is ready. And I'd like you two to hurry, so you can eat before the others are awake."

"Yes, Sir. I'll get Mitch."

Matt just nodded, and then turned to leave.

Alex hurried over to Mitch, dropping to his knees beside the mattress. "Honey? Wake up please?"

Mitch groaned, hiding his face in the blanket. "Please no. Not again."

"Babe, I just--"

"Alpha, please--"

"Mitchie, honey, it's Alex. It's Allie."

Mitch peeked back out of the blankets. "Allie? Oh... Hi."

"Why are you..?" Alex paused. "Did Jamie come get you again last night?"

Mitch didn't respond.

"Mitchie... Honey. Did he come get you?"

Mitch's eyes filled with tears suddenly, and he shook his head once.

"Talk to me, please... Minnie, are you okay?"

Mitch sat up on the mattress, letting the blanket fall down to his waist to show all the bruises that had formed that Alex had yet to see, confirming his thought.

Alex frowned at him. "But... When? You were asleep when I got back..?"

"Last night."

"But you said..?"

"I said he didn't come and get me."

"I'm not following. It wasn't Jamie? Was it Tony?"

"No, it was Jamie."

"Then what..?" Alex's eyebrows came together a little. "Oh..." And then his voice lowered to a whisper. "He kept you here..?"

Mitch nodded then, tears falling from his eyes. "Mhm."

Matt suddenly walked back into the room, two plates of food in his hands. "Sorry guys. Jamie was up a little earlier than I'd anticipated."

Alex pulled Mitch's blanket up a little to cover his body, as he turned to Matt. "Oh, thanks. You can just leave them."

Matt nodded, placing them on top of the dresser in the corner of the room. He glanced over at Mitch. "Are you guys okay?"

Mitch plastered a smile on his face. "Yes, Sir."

*********

Later in the day, Mitch had been cleaning the kitchen counters when he heard Tony answer a phone call a few feet from him.

A few seconds later, Tony hung up the phone and slammed it down onto the dining room table. "God damn it!"

Mitch jumped almost a foot in the air, quickly looking over at him.