Chapter 64

(A/N)

Yikes. Tevin drama.

**********

Scott was sitting next to Avi on the couch when he heard two angry Betas upstairs.

Avi glanced at the staircase. "That's... Odd. Sounds like they're arguing."

Kirstie walked out of the kitchen, and looked up at the staircase. "Is that coming from Kevin's room?"

Landon and Mitch came down the stairs a few seconds later, Mitch looking worried.

Mitch then looked to Scott. "I've never heard them shout at each other before."

Scott opened his arms toward them. "Come here, my babies."

Kirstie hurried over to stand in front of Avi, when Kevin suddenly came storming down the staircase.

Todrick was right behind him. "I wasn't trying to offend you, hon--"

"Yeah well you did."

"Don't use that tone of voice with me, Mr."

"Can we please be rational about this?"

"I was trying to be rational!"

Kevin turned around as soon as he was down the stairs. "Don't shout at me. You know that'll never get anything done."

"Then stop running from me. You're not getting anything done either!"

"I'm not running. I'm right here."

Todrick took a deep breath to be reasonable and choose his words carefully. "I wasn't trying to be mean, Kev. I just... I misunderstood what you said to me."

"So you thought I was being mean, and decided to be mean right back? That's not very intelligent."

Todrick scoffed at him. "You always have to throw your intelligence in my face."

"I wasn't trying to."

"Intent is irrelevant! I work so hard to be at your level and you can never appreciate the effort I put forth!"

"What?! Since when?! I always appreciate you!"

"Actions speak louder than words." Todrick finally said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"If that's true, why does it matter so much how many times I tell you how intelligent you are?"

"Because you make me feel like I'm not. That's what matters. It's not important what you say to me, but the connotation behind it."

"Because actions speak louder than words." Kevin repeated, to clarify.

"Yeah, actually. They do. In fact, watch this." Todrick walked past him, and then opened the front door. "Lead Alpha, I'll be staying with Alex for a few days. But I'm leaving my phone here. If you need to contact me, call Alpha Travis. Thank you."

Avi didn't feel he had the right to speak up about it, because Kevin grabbed Todrick's wrist. "Tod, wait--"

Todrick yanked his arm away. "You can come get me when you decide you're going to treat me like an equal; like your husband."

"Todrick, please listen to me. Please--"

Todrick shook his head once, and walked out the door.

*********

Kevin had been sitting on the porch ever since, some part of him hoping Todrick would come back.