Chapter 119

(A/N)

(A/N)

Okay so this is part two to chapter 116 with the whole argument thing ya feel

********

Scott slowly walked up the stairs, glancing back down at Avi once.

Avi waved a hand at him. "Go on, you wuss."

Scott pouted. "I'm scared."

"Don't be. You don't even have to say anything, Kid. Just do what you do; Walk up there and hold him until he calms down."

Scott nodded a few times, much more comfortable now that he'd been given direction.

He turned and took the stairs two at a time before knocking on the door to his bedroom. "Mitchie?"

Mitch sniffled a few times, loudly. "G-Go away!"

Scott frowned. "Honey... Are you crying? Let me in."

Mitch shook his head quickly, leaning his back against the door. "N-No." He covered his mouth to hide the sound of his crying though tears still fell down his face relentlessly.

Scott rested his forehead against the same door, placing one of his hands on the wood of the door. "Mitchie, baby... Please?"

Mitch just shook his head, refusing to speak.

Scott knocked again, lighter this time. "Baby... Please? I love you so much, I don't wanna argue anymore."

Mitch felt bad. Scott was upset because of him, and no matter how much Scott apologized, they both knew that it was Mitch's fault.

Mitch took a step away from the door,  but kept his back turned. "Okay..."

Scott barely opened the door, careful not to hit him in the back. "Honey..? Are you okay?"

Mitch didn't turn around. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, baby."

"No. It was so cold-hearted, and--and disgusting of me to bring her into this. And... And you should've smacked me or something, I can't even believe--"

Scott quickly grabbed Mitch's shoulder to turn him around and hug him. "Don't say that. You know damn well I'd never put a hand on you."

"But maybe you should. Maybe... Maybe I deserve it." Mitch squeezed his eyes shut as he continued to cry, his forehead just below the curve of Scott's jaw.

Scott turned his head just enough to kiss the top of Mitch's hair. "Honey, don't say that. That's not true."

Mitch sniffled a little more, and then squeezed Scott a little tighter. "It was my fault, and... I only blamed you because I'm tired of being the least favorite parent. And it's so childish of me, and I'm so sorry..."