Chapter 91

(A/N)

I was gonna make Landon like older, but meh.

So Landon met the Grassi parents when he was 6 (chapter 75) and he'll meet this side of the family around 7.

Happy NYE y'all

*******

Scott parked the car in the terribly familiar driveway, before sighing loudly.

Mitch unbuckled his seatbelt and moved to leave the car.

But Scott put his arm out to stop him. "You sure you wanna do this?"

Landon was excited though, having already thrown open his door. "Come on, Mama!"

Mitch quickly leaned over the console to kiss Scott. "It's gonna be fine, babe. Come on."

Scott exhaled again, before following the two of them up the steps of his house.

Mitch let Landon ring the doorbell, before holding his child by the shoulders, Landon excited to run inside the first chance he got.

Connie was the one to open the door, her eyes immediately finding Scott. "Oh my God..."

Scott quickly stepped in front of Mitch just in case, holding a hand out to his mother. "Nice to see you again."

Connie shook her head slowly, grabbing his hand to pull him into a hug. "I missed you so much, Scott."

Scott slowly hugged her back, gently as he could. "I... I missed you too, Mom."

Connie ushered him inside, and then smiled at Mitch. "Hi, Mitchell. How have you been?"

Mitch smiled politely at her. "I'm well."

Connie then waved him in as well. "Come in! Oh-- And who do we have here?"

Scott held a hand out toward Landon to pull him inside as well, Mitch following slowly. "This is our son, Landon. Landon... This is your other Grandma."

"Nona Nel?" Landon shook his head quickly. "Nuh uh."

"No, baby. You have two grandmas."

Connie knelt down on the ground, sticking her hand out toward him. "Hi there. I'm your Grandma Connie."

Landon shook her hand with a small smile. "I'm Landon. Hi Grandma."

Connie stood back up, Mitch offering a hand to help her stand up again. She looked to Scott. "If y'all want to sit at the table, I have dinner ready. Scott, would you help bring the food out to the dining room?"

Scott first sat his family down at the table, telling Mitch to save the seat in between them for him.

He then wandered into the kitchen to see his mother wiping her eyes with a dishtowel.

Scott walked over quickly. "Mom? What's wrong?"

She shook her head quickly, doing her best to stop her tears. "He.. He has your eyes, Scottie."

"I know he does... I'm glad he finally gets to meet you."

Connie tried to wipe her tears away again, pushing a few dishes into Scott's hands. "Take these."

Scott obeyed in an instant, meeting Landon's eyes. "Come into the kitchen to wash your hands, Andy."

Landon nodded quickly, running past him. "Okay!"