Chapter 39

(A/N)

I feel like lots of people have been asking for this xD

This would be Mitch's first year with Avi.

As a sidenote, the pack DID have Scott and Kirstie in it, but the two of them were with their families for Christmas instead of the pack.

*******

Mitch was feeling kind of lonely, since Kirstie was gone for the week. Scott's parents had practically begged him to spend Christmas at home, and Scott didn't feel that he knew Mitch well enough to invite him.

Luckily, Alex was around. However he spent most of his time with Travis.

Avi knew this, of course, so he tried to cheer the smaller boy up. Avi wandered into the living room to find Mitch, and then smiled at him. "Hey... Do you wanna help me decorate for Christmas? I think Kevin's gonna made cookies, and... Alexander wants to make a gingerbread house..."

Mitch smiled politely. "Are you going to put up a tree?"

"Sure. If you want. I just... Want to make it a good holiday for all of you."

"Allie always talked about putting up a tree with his parents... I think he'd really appreciate it..."

Travis was already putting on his jacket, heading out the door. "Let's go guys."

Mitch glanced over. "Sir?"

"We're going to get a tree."

*********

When Alex finally finished his gingerbread house, he ran out into the living room to get Mitch so he could show him.

In doing so, he came upon the tree that Avi and Travis were currently standing up in the middle of the living room.

Alex gasped, grinning up at it. "Ooh! You got a tree!"

Travis glanced over. "Yeah, we did. Merry Christmas."

Alex giggled, walking over to Mitch to put an arm on Mitch's shoulder. "It's not Christmas yet, Silly."

Mitch grinned at him, and then looked to Travis. "He's not wrong, Alpha."

Travis scoffed at them. "Wow. Didn't know Christmas Eve Eve doesn't count as Christmas."

Avi chuckled a little, looking over. "You seriously call it that?"

"Sure, why not?" Travis shrugged, stepping away from the tree now that he was satisfied with how it looked. "Alex? Does it look alright?"

Alex nodded quickly. "Yes, Sir. It looks perfect."

"Mitch? You agree?"

Mitch spoke much softer than Alex. "Yes, Sir."

"Good. So..? Ornaments? I can go find some."

Kevin walked out of the kitchen. "Is this someone's gingerbread house? It's wonderful."

Alex gasped loudly, jogging over to him. "It's mine, Sir. Thank you so much!"

********

While Travis and Kevin were looking through the attic to find boxes of ornaments, Alex brought his gingerbread house into the living room to share with everyone.

Mitch was now nibbling on the door of the house, while Avi plucked all of the gumdrops off of the top to eat.

Alex glanced over at Mitch. "Is it good?"