Chapter 69

(A/N)

Just as a sidenote, this won't be smutty xD

Also important question; Have any of y'all ever seen the movie Timer?? Like where she has that countdown on her arm to when she'll meet her soulmate or whatever?

Someone once suggested I write a book like that, and I was just wondering if any of y'all would want to read it :) Get back to me.

********

Mitch was sitting on Scott's back now, Scott somewhere near his 100th push up.

Avi was standing over him, leaning on a piece of workout equipment. "Ten more, come on."

Scott had to stop to catch his breath for a second, this task proving to be harder than he'd thought it would be. "Just wait one--"

"I'm sorry, are we at a hundred yet? No."

Scott bit back a sarcastic response, and tried to continue.

Mitch could feel all the muscles in Scott's back beginning to shake. "Alpha, he's already worked out a lot... Maybe he should just stop?"

Avi shook his head. "We can't go easy on him just because he's number one. Number two is working harder than ever, and if Scott gives up he'll get surpassed."

Mitch looked up at him. "Who's number two?"

"Someone from either Poland or Iceland, I don't remember." Avi took a step forward, and then placed his foot on the lower part of Scott's back to push him down a little. "Come on, let's go."

Scott fell a little, but nodded quickly to continue the work out, just wanting to finish.

Mitch tried to motivate him. "Two more... One more... One hundred. You did it! Good job, Scottie!"

Scott dropped onto the ground then with a thump, arms sprawled out on the floor. "Yay." He breathed out.

Mitch quickly stood from his back, and held out a hand to help him up, though Scott didn't move. "Come on, babe."

Scott turned his head to look at Avi. "Are we almost done? Or can I at least get some water?"

"You've got about an hour left, Kid. Go ahead and get a drink, take a break, and I'll go find some weights for you."

Mitch sat down beside Scott, and then leaned over to rest his chin on Scott's shoulder blade, bringing a hand up to gently run his nails through Scott's hair a few times to comfort him. "Are you okay?"

"Just tired. I know Avi does this for the best, but recently he's been really hard on me. And... I wonder if he thinks the number two is getting really close to passing me."

"We can ask Kevin about it when we get home. You just relax for now."

Scott hummed, closing his eyes. "If you'll just keep doing that, I'll do anything you want. Relaxing included."

"Good. Relax then." Mitch continued running his fingers through Scott's hair. "I hope you know how proud I am... You work so hard all the time, and I know Avi is really pushing you, but.. I see how much effort you put in. And I'm proud of you."