Chapter 62

(A/N)

Mama likes.

Also; What's your favorite dish served at Thanksgiving dinner?? This is important.

Am I the only one that likes cranberry sauce?

**********

After Alex had finally announced he was pregnant, Avi decided he wanted to take them all to dinner to ease some of the tension between them all.

He really hoped that finding out who the father actually was wouldn't tear the three of them apart.

Travis had first asked for a moment alone with his Omega and Jake, which Avi gladly gave them.

After they'd all left the room, Avi pointed to the table for the rest of the pack to all sit down.

He then put his hand on Scott's shoulder while he spoke toward Kevin. "So... I know it's gonna be catastrophic when they find out who the father is. But for now we all just need to be happy for them. Is that clear?"

Kirstie was the first to speak. "Yes, Sir."

Scott turned to look up at him. "That should be easy enough. Should I go tell Landon and Grace? Are they coming with us?"

Avi looked up at Kirstie. "Uh..?"

Kirstie shook her head once. "They have school in the morning. Can't be up late."

Mitch spoke up then, leaning into Scott's side. "Should I call to order them a pizza or something? Don't want them to be hungry."

Avi nodded once. "Sure."

Todrick stood up, phone in hand. "I'll do it. Let me just go ask what the kids want."

Kevin watched him walk away, and then leaned over the table a little. "Avi, maybe... If we have this dinner, we shouldn't talk about the pregnancy at all. I wouldn't want them to worry about it the whole time."

"Fair enough. Kirstie, Mitchell, you hear that? Don't ask Alexander about it. Not a word."

Kirstie nodded once, hands clasped in front of herself on the table. "Yes, Sir."

*******

At the dinner table, Mitch had moved his chair to be directly beside Scott, placing a hand on Scott's thigh while Scott put an arm over his shoulders.

Alex was on Mitch's other side, talking to him about something Jake had told him earlier.

Avi made sure to sit between Jake and Travis so they couldn't talk about the pregnancy, while Kirstie sat in between the Betas.

After Alex had finished speaking, he was quiet for a minute or so.

Todrick refused to let his mind wander, so he leaned toward Alex and grinned. "You look nice in that shirt, honey."

Alex looked down at himself. "Oh thank you. That's nice of you to say."

"You're welcome. How are you feeling, Allie?"

"I'm pretty good, actually! A little hungry, but otherwise content."

"Oh good. I'm glad to hear that." Todrick replied genuinely.

This calm conversation went on until the food was brought out.

Scott instantly grabbed a fork full of Mitch's food and ate it.

Mitch gaped at him for a second, eyes searching Scott's face for a reason why. "Scottie..?"

Scott glanced over at him. "It's pretty good."