Chapter 102

(A/N)

Part two of chapter 101 (if you skipped it-- Grace Marked Landon ^-^)

********

While Grace was in the shower, Landon got started on the meal he wanted to make for the rest of the pack.

Grace walked in the kitchen about a half hour later, just to tell him that she was gonna get dressed, and that Avi texted her to tell her they were all on their way back.

Landon rushed to finish then, hoping to be done before anybody walked in.
Of course he wasn't lucky enough for that, subconsciously pulling his sleeves down to cover his arms when Scott walked in.

Scott grinned widely at him. "Hi, honey. What are you up to?"

Mitch rushed into the kitchen to grab Scott's arm. "Don't touch anything."

Scott huffed at him. "You're so mean to me. Leave me alone."

Mitch only giggled, walking around to stand beside Landon, peering over his arm to see what he was doing. "Wow, did you make this all by yourself? It looks so good."

Landon grinned proudly. "I did. Thank you for saying that."

Scott walked over too, keeping his hands behind his back to make sure he wouldn't mess anything up. "It really does look good."

Mitch looked at Landon then. "Where's Grace?"

"I think she just got out of the shower. Said she'd be down in a sec."

Scott quickly kissed the top of Landon's head. "This is so wonderful of you to do. I'm so--" He paused. "Oh, honey, you're bleeding."

Landon looked at him, no idea what he could be talking about. "What?"

Scott hooked his pointer finger into Landon's shirt, pulling it away from his neck. "Yeah, there's a little-- Oh my God."

Mitch rushed over. "What?"

Landon took two quick steps away from them, putting his hand over the Mark. "It's nothing."

Scott's mouth was hanging open, eyes wide. "Landon... You..? Oh my God."

Mitch still didn't understand. "What is it? His neck is bleed--?" Mitch stopped then, face changing in realization. And when he really thought about it, he could almost smell it on Landon. The food was a big distraction, but it was obviously there.

Landon's eyes widened too. "No, no you don't understand!"

Avi walked into the kitchen too, a happy grin on his face. "Ooh, something smells good. Thank God your kid didn't inherit Scott's inability to cook, am I right?"

Scott flipped around, his face angry. "Where's Grace?"

"Uh.. I don't know. Down the hall? Kirstie went to--"