Chapter 56

(A/N)

This is after THAT chapter. The nightmare chapter, is how I'll refer to her xD

It won't be nearly as sad, but... It's up there

*********

Mitch tugged on Scott's shirt a few times. "What do you mean?"

Scott just shook his head, hugging Avi impossibly tighter. "I wanna be a normal Alpha. I.. I don't wanna be a danger to my family."

Avi's hands slid around his waist to rest on Scott's stomach, gently pushing him away though Scott wasn't budging. "Kid, come on. Loosen up."

Scott did exactly the opposite. "Please don't push me away. Please don't hate me."

Avi tried to take a deep breath, but struggled. He'd rather struggle than push Scott away though. "I don't."

Scott hugged him even tighter. "Promise? You still love me?"

"Promise." Avi exhaled loudly, and a sudden crack sounded from either his spine or ribcage, he wasn't actually sure.

Scott immediately let go, eyes full of tears. He scanned Avi's body, confused.

Avi tried to grab his arms and pull him back into the hug, not wanting Scott to blame himself. "Come back here. I promise I still--"

Scott's tears fell down his cheeks and he shook his head quickly. "I can't even-- I can't be trusted around any of you. All I do is hurt you..."

Mitch tried to step in, a hand on Scott's bicep. "Honey--"

Scott smacked his hand away, but his anger disintegrated in an instant when he sensed Mitch's fear. "Oh my God." Can't do anything right.

Mitch held his hands up in surrender. "No, I'm fine. It didn't hurt. I'm fine."

Scott couldn't even look at him, shoving Avi out of his way to get past him.

Kevin stepped in front of Kirstie just in case, but Scott saw him do so and it made him cry a little more.

Avi grabbed his arm. "Where the Hell do you think you're going? It's the middle of the night."

Scott pulled his arm away, sure not to hurt anyone this time. "It doesn't matter. I don't matter."

Mitch hurried forward, grabbing the same arm with both of his hands. "Don't go. Please..."

"I don't wanna hurt you Mitch... Let me go."

Kevin suddenly squinted a little. "Scott... What was your nightmare about..?"

Scott's resistance dulled a little, as he thought about it. He gulped roughly, and shook his head. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Please." Kevin tried.

Scott slowly looked up at Mitch, letting the memory flood his head again. He shook his head quickly. "I can't. No, I can't."

Mitch tilted his head a little. "Scottie... What's wrong, honey? Please just talk to me..."

Scott ripped his arm away, and then avoided Kevin to run downstairs.

He passed Landon and Grace, but avoided both of them, and went straight for the front door.

Todrick jumped in front of him, hands up to stop him. "Where are you going?"

Scott stopped quickly, so he wouldn't touch him. "Please let me go. Please don't let me hurt anyone."