Chapter 33

(A/N)

Mkay so Kirstie was never abused in the way Mitchie and Alex were. But I DO think I mentioned her saying she was hurt by an Alpha once..?

So here it is.

Context; Almost immediately after Landon turns a year old

********

Scott and Avi were called into a long distance business meeting regarding the Counsel, and its members.

While they'd have been perfectly fine going as a duo, Kevin thought it would be the perfect time to give the couples a break from parenting.

Scott went through the same phase of getting little to no sleep for almost an entire month, just as Avi had told him he would. Meanwhile Avi had been struggling to find any time to spend with Kirstie, since she was busy with the baby, and he was busy with his pack.

Additionally, Mitch found it entirely draining to be without Scott for long periods of time. But since Landon kept Scott up at night, Scott tried to sleep during the day. Mitch occasionally thought of he and Scott like the sun and the moon, just barely missing each other each time they woke up.

So Kevin decided they should treat the trip like a vacation, while he and Todrick stayed home to care for the children.

The meeting was only a few hours away by plane, so they weren't insanely far, though it seemed like it.

Mitch was excited though. As much as he loved Landon, and cherished his every breath.... He couldn't wait to have Scott to himself for a few days.

It seemed just like 'the good old days' when Scott struggled to hold both he and Mitch's bags in one hand, holding Mitch's hand in the other.

Mitch grinned widely at him as they headed toward the rental car Avi had gotten for them. "God, I missed spending time with you so, so much."

"I missed you more, baby."

"No, but... Whenever you take naps during the day, it's just me and Landon. And... Whenever I look into his pretty blue eyes, I think of you."

Kirstie skipped over to them, smiling up at Scott. "Alpha got us a super cool car. Just you wait."

"Oh God. Something expensive?"

"Yep. And he wants you to drive it."

"That's a lot of pressure for one man."

Mitch rolled his eyes. "A 'man'. Right. Try that again, World's Strongest Alpha."

"That has nothing to do with my driving capabilities."

"You don't know that."

"It doesn't really effect very many things really."

"I don't know... You're much better in bed, for one."

"Wow. That's kind of rude."

"Is it? Or maybe you just last longer now that you're--"

Scott suddenly stopped walking, dropping the two bags onto the ground, and grabbing Mitch around the waist as well as one hand behind his neck. "God damn, I've missed that attitude." And then he roughly kissed Mitch as passionately as he could, pressing their bodies almost completely against each other.

Kirstie giggled loudly, and rushed off to find Avi. "Alpha, I think they're going to start doing it in the middle of the airport!"

"I hope so. We could charge people money at the door." Avi hummed back, holding the car keys for the car he'd just acquired.