Chapter 16

(A/N)

Let's just say Landon is in middle school or something for this, alright?

************

Scott rushed into the kitchen, running a hand through his hair as he grabbed a water bottle out of the refrigerator.

On his way out, he grabbed Mitch around the waist to kiss him firmly, before pulling away. "I'll be back in twenty. Would you please make Landon a snack or something in case he's hungry?"

"Do you want a snack too, babe?"

Scott winked at him, walking toward the front door now. "You know me."

"Yes I do, you gigantic five year old."

Scott chuckled and carried on out the door.

"Did you grab your phone?" Mitch called after him.

"Yes." He called back.

"Wallet?"

"Yes."

"Uh.. Pants?"

Scott paused, now that he was out of Mitch's range of vision. "Oh shit." And then he laughed. "I'm kidding, of course I have pants on, you doof. As if you'd let me out of the house half naked."

Mitch hurried after him, since he'd left the front door open. "That's for your own protection. Omegas are slutty sometimes."

"Sounds like you're talking from personal experience." Scott hummed, as he opened the door to the car.

"Well I mean--" Mitch paused. "Hey! Did you just call me a slut?!"

"No."

Mitch glanced behind him, seeing Alex on the couch with Kirstie. "Allie would you please make snacks for my loves? I'm gonna go with, I think."

Alex was up in an instant, his obnoxiously large smile on his face. "Of course!"

Mitch then rushed off to open the door to the other side of the car. "I know I said I wouldn't, but can I come with?"

"Sure. Always a pleasure to have you along."

Mitch smirked as he sat down in his seat. "That's because I usually suck your--"

"You're about eight minutes from having children seated in this car. Be careful with that tongue of yours."

"You used to like my dirty talk, Daddy. What happened?"

Scott began driving, backing out of the driveway first. "We had children."

"That's no fun."

"Sorry, babe."

*******

They'd only been sitting outside the school for about two minutes, when the school bell rang.

Mitch looked over to Scott. "Do we have to go get him, or sign him out or anything? We had to do that last year."

"No, he's good. He knows where I wait for him, which is here, by the way."

"Oh. Cool." Mitch responded halfheartedly, looking around the parking lot at all the other parents waiting for their children.

Scott looked in the other direction, wanting to see Landon as quick as possible. "He's usually out pretty early, so."

"That's good." Mitch hummed.

Scott turned his head at the small phrase. "Why are you being short with me? Is something wrong?"