Chapter 7

(A/N)

God, I love this idea so so so much.

Context; After the epilogue chapter, a few years later :*

*******

The Betas took Kirstie out to visit the Beta Library, leaving the others at home.

Avi hated the fact that the children chose right this very moment to need help with their homework, since all the smart people were out of reach.

Out of desperation, Avi called Travis and begged him to allow one of the three of them to come over to help, because Avi was also scared to ask for Scott or Mitch, seeing as he hadn't seen either of them since they'd disappeared into their room an hour ago.

Alex was the one who ran in the front door, his eyes wide. "Is something wrong?"

Grace jumped out of her seat and rushed over to him. "Allie! You're home!"

Alex grinned down at her, as she hugged him around the waist. "Hi, Gracie! I missed you so much."

Landon frowned from where he was sitting at the table, and looked back down at his paper.

Avi waved Alex over quickly. "Close the door and get over here."

Alex rushed over, now holding Grace's hand as she stood beside him, and looked up at him with adoration in her eyes. "How can I help you, Sir?"

Avi just gestured toward Landon. "Help him."

Alex walked around Avi, and leaned over Landon. "Hey, little guy. Need some help?"

Landon blushed a little, and nodded. "Yes, Sir."

"Oh! You don't have to call me that. I'm just Alex!" Alex sat himself down beside Landon, still grinning at him. "I never liked math that much either. But it's only difficult if you don't speak up when you need help. Okay? May I help you?"

Landon met his eyes and nodded again. "Yes, please. Thank you, Alex."

********

After Alex helped him with that, Landon pulled out another piece of paper from his Omega class. "Could you, um... Help me with this too? Please? You don't have to. If you, um.. Don't want to."

"Of course I'll help you! Don't be silly." Alex responded with a giggle, before leaning over to look down at the paper, and his smile fell immediately. "Oh."

Avi glanced over, removing his eyes from Grace's English homework. "What's wrong?"

Alex leaned back a little in his seat, completely withdrawing himself from the situation. "I think I should go get Mitchie..."

"Then go."

Alex pushed back his chair quickly, and rushed up the stairs, banging on the familiar bedroom door loudly.

Scott was the one to open the door, giving Alex a small smile. "Hey, Xander. What's up?"

"I, um... Was hoping you and Mitchie could come downstairs to help Landon with homework."

Scott glanced back at Mitch, and then gently pushed Alex out the door. "He's kind of tired today, so. I'll just do it myself."

"Sir, if I may. I think Mitch needs to come too."

"Why?" Scott frowned a little. "Oh... Is it something I'm bad at? Spanish, maybe?"

"No, it's just... It's Omega stuff. Grace brought home the same papers as well."