Chapter 17

(A/N)

So sorry it took me forever to get to this, by the way xD I love the idea haha

So... Context wise? This is probably right around the time of the Epilogue again.

******

Travis walked over to Avi's house to retrieve Alex for dinner.

Once he'd opened the front door, he was met with the sight of Alex holding Landon on his hip in the kitchen.

Mitch was standing next to him, cooking something.

Travis took a few steps into the room, and cleared his throat to get Alex's attention. "It's dinnertime, babe."

Alex looked up quickly, and nodded. "Of course, Sir. Would you give me one minute, so I can hand Landon off to Alpha Scott?"

"Sure. Do what you need to do." Travis responded passively.

Alex began to walk away, but Landon grabbed Mitch's shirt. "Wanna stay with Mama."

Alex giggled a little, and then offered Landon over to Mitch. "Of course! Here's your Mama, you cute little thing."

Landon glanced over at Alex, after he'd been passed off. "Don't go, Allie. Please?"

Alex frowned then, hating the sadness he heard in the child's voice. "Aw.. I'll be back tomorrow, honey."

Landon looked up at Mitch with wide, blue eyes. "Don't let him leave, Mama."

Mitch just shook his head. "He doesn't live here, Lando. He's gotta go home."

Landon pouted. "But I'll miss him."

"I'll miss him too, baby. But he'll be back in the morning."

Alex hurried to leave the kitchen, hoping Landon wouldn't make a bigger deal about it.

He grabbed Travis' hand, and hurried out the door. "Goodnight, Minnie. I'll miss you!"

Travis closed the door behind him, and led him to their house without a word.

Alex looked to him in concern, but he still never spoke up. "S-Sir? Are you upset with me?"

Travis glanced at him. "No." And that was all, as they continued walking.

"Alpha, please... What did I do wrong? Please just tell me and I'll fix it. Please please tell me."

Travis just squeezed his hand a little, as they walked up to their front door.

Alex closed the door softly after he'd walked in, and as soon as he turned back around, Travis shoved him into the door.

Alex's eyes went blue inadvertently, as Travis suddenly kissed him sloppily and pinned Alex's arms against the wood of the door.

Alex understood what was happening, when he felt Travis' kiss beginning to soften.

Travis only pulled away from his mesmerizing Omega when he heard something glass shatter behind him.

Alex jumped violently at the loud noise, but exhaled when he realized it was just Jake.

Jake was staring at them with wide eyes, a newspaper in his hand and a broken cup of something shattered on the ground. "Um?"

Travis raised an eyebrow. "Can I help you with something?"

"Well I'd have made popcorn if I'd known there was gonna be a show. Might wanna lock the door first."