Chapter 47

(A/N)

*********

*********

When Landon reached middle school, he was met with meaner kids and harsher teachers. As a result he got frequent nightmares.

Luckily, he didn't remember most of them. If Scott was there to wake him up, and put him back to sleep, Landon would just completely forget. But with his frequent 'waking up', Scott and Mitch were back on the schedule that they'd been on when Landon was under a year old.

They took turns getting up to help him, but after weeks upon weeks of doing it, they'd both become extremely tired.

Avi barged into the room at seven in the morning, as he always did. "Alright, get up. Gotta get the kids to school. Scott, it's your turn to drive."

Scott groaned loudly. "Avi, please... I had to get up three different times last night, I don't think I should be trusted behind the wheel."

"That sucks. Kevin's already helping them get ready for school, I've got lunch, Kirstie is asleep, and  Todrick is at Alex's. Get up."

Scott sighed, but turned to stand up.

Mitch rolled toward him, a pout on his face. "Alpha..."

"No, it's okay. Go back to sleep, honey. I'll wake you up when I get back home."

Mitch nodded a few times, pulling the blankets up a little higher. "Thank you... So much... Tell Landon that I love him."

*******

Scott had come home to take a nap, only to be woken up to eat lunch, and then he had to go get the kids because almost everyone else was at The Counsel.

When the three of them came home, Scott found Mitch asleep on the couch with laundry out on the table half folded.

Scott frowned at him, and wandered over to him, dropping to his knees to press a kiss to his forehead. "Mitchie, honey..?"

Mitch slowly opened his eyes, and then sat up suddenly. "Oh, sorry. I wasn't done."

"It's okay, honey. Why don't you go back to our room to take a nap, and I'll finish the laundry?"

"No, I got it. I'll sleep after. I still need to do the dishes... And I promised Kevin I'd vacuum..."

Landon walked over with a frown. "What if you guys just went to hang out at Alex's? Grace and I can clean up..."

Grace nodded quickly. "I don't have very much homework. I wouldn't mind helping out."

Scott looked down to Mitch, and picked him up to carry him in his arms. "Come on, babe."

Mitch just hid his face in Scott's neck. "Mhmm."

Scott looked to Grace. "Look out for him, okay? Lock up when I go. You have my number if you need anything."