Black And White

By Joy_IsWriting

"Their love as black and white as piano keys and permanent ink." -@ElusiveWyatt- -@toepeechufter- ... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
Seventy Six
Seventy Seven
Seventy Eight
Seventy Nine
Eighty
Eighty One
Eighty Two
Eighty Three
Eighty Four
Eighty Five
Eighty Six
Eighty Seven
Eighty Eight
Eighty Nine
Ninety
Ninety One
Ninety Two
Ninety Three
Ninety Four
Ninety Five (X)
Ninety Six
Ninety Seven
Ninety Eight
Ninety Nine
One Hundred
Hundred And One
Hundred And Two
Hundred And Three
Hundred And Four
Hundred And Five
Hundred And Six
Hundred And Seven
Hundred And Eight
Hundred And Nine
Hundred Ten
Hundred Eleven
Hundred Twelve
Hundred Thirteen
Hundred Fourteen
Hundred Fifteen
Hundred Sixteen
Hundred Seventeen
Hundred Eighteen
Hundred Nineteen (XX)
Hundred Twenty
Hundred Twenty Two
Hundred Twenty Three
Hundred Twenty Four
Hundred Twenty Five
Hundred Twenty Six (X)
Hundred Twenty Seven
Hundred Twenty Eight
Hundred Twenty Nine
Hundred Thirty
Hundred Thirty One
Hundred Thirty Two
Hundred Thirty Three
Hundred Thirty Four
Hundred Thirty Five
Hundred Thirty Six
Hundred Thirty Seven
Hundred Thirty Eight
Hundred Thirty Nine
Hundred Forty
Hundred Forty One
Hundred Forty Two
Hundred Forty Three
Hundred Forty Four
Hundred Forty Five
Hundred Forty Six
Hundred Forty Seven
Hundred Forty Eight
Hundred Forty Nine
Hundred Fifty
Hundred Fifty One
Hundred Fifty Two
Hundred Fifty Three
Hundred Fifty Four
Hundred Fifty Five (XX)
Hundred Fifty Six
Hundred Fifty Seven
Hundred Fifty Eight
Hundred Fifty Nine
Hundred Sixty
Hundred Sixty One
Hundred Sixty Two
Hundred Sixty Three
Hundred Sixty Four
Hundred Sixty Five
Hundred Sixty Six
Hundred Sixty Seven
Hundred Sixty Eight
Hundred Sixty Nine
Hundred Seventy
Hundred Seventy One
Hundred Seventy Two
Hundred Seventy Three
Hundred Seventy Four
Hundred Seventy Five
Hundred Seventy Six
Hundred Seventy Seven
Hundred Seventy Eight
Hundred Seventy Nine
Hundred Eighty
Hundred Eighty One
Hundred Eighty Two
Hundred Eighty Three
Hundred Eighty Four
Hundred Eighty Five
Hundred Eighty Six
Hundred Eighty Seven
Hundred Eighty Eight
Hundred Eighty Nine
Hundred Ninety
Hundred Ninety One
Hundred Ninety Two (X²)
Hundred Ninety Three
Hundred Ninety Four
Hundred Ninety Five
Hundred Ninety Six
Hundred Ninety Seven
Hundred Ninety Eight
Hundred Ninety Nine
Two Hundred

Hundred Twenty One

3K 230 173
By Joy_IsWriting

"What? No. Absolutely not."

"It's not your decision. You've had to raise yourself, I know. And... I'm going to be motherly, and make this decision for you, in your best interest."

Scott moved forward on the couch a little as he got a little more angry. "How is that my best interest? You want to tear me away from Mitch? The only good thing I have? And what about Avi? And the only mother that ever gave a shit?"

"I just want my son back. And... The only way to do that, is for you to come live with me."

"I said no, Connie."

"And I said that I wasn't giving you a choice. I'm not going to let him hurt you anymore, Scott."

Scott shook his head slowly. "God, you... Are fucking ridiculous." He stood from his seat. "I'm not going to just up and leave. Hell no. I'm old enough to make my own decisions."

Connie suddenly looked to Rick. "You're just going to sit there, and not say anything?"

Rick met her eyes and slowly took a sip of his drink.

Scott shook his head quickly. "Alright, I'm out of here. It's been a pleasure, Connie. So glad we could have this chat." He moved to walk out the door, but she grabbed his arm.

Turning him back around, she met his eyes. "Scott, please. Don't do this. I'm just trying to fix my mistakes, don't you--?"

"You can't fix that. You're too fucking late. Eighteen fucking years late."

Connie's eyes fell down to his arm, as she clung to him tightly. But her eyes landed on the tattoo he'd gotten for her, and she pulled away gently as she stared at it. "What.. What's that?"

Scott looked down too, and then moved as if to hide his arm. "Okay, see you guys later. Have fun in LA, Ma. Send me lots of--"

"Scott Richard Hoying, what is that on your arm? That's not... Me, is it?"

Scott looked down again, and he chuckled dryly. "Well sure. That's the last thing my 'superhero' said to me before she left me in the hands of this fucking drunkard."

Connie looked down at it one more time, only to frown at the words. 'Sometimes we must leave home for something better.' -C.H.

*

Scott got in his car and turned it on, eyes full of angry tears that he tried his best to will away. He cursed loudly as he smacked the top of the steering wheel, before grabbing his phone out of his pocket to call Mitch. 

"Hey! How are you, ba--?" Mitch's chipper voice cut off. "Baby, are you crying?"

"No." Scott sniffled, wiping his eyes carelessly with his other hand. "Fuck. No, I'm not. I'm fucking fine. Just wanted to call so you know I'm leaving and going back to the hotel."

"Babe, you can't drive like this. You're too upset."

"What do you want me to do, Mitchell? I need to get the Hell out of here."

Mitch sighed softly. "I know... I know, honey. Can you video chat right now? I need to make sure you're okay before you do anything. Are you still sitting in the driveway?"

"Yeah... I don't want you to see me like this, Mitchie..." Scott mumbled softly, looking down at his legs.

"Babe, I get that. But I need to make sure you're okay. I'm not even with Avi right now, if that helps. I was peeing when you called, so. I'm just chillin' in the bathroom in 400 hall."

"Oh..." Scott smiled a little. "Keep your pants down for me, would you?"

"Ew!" Mitch giggled a little, and Scott heard the sink turn on. "You make me laugh, Scottie. I miss you. Video now?"

Scott wiped his eyes again. "Yeah... Fine."

"Okay. One sec." Mitch hung up, set his phone down so he could wash his hands thoroughly and dry them off quickly before grabbing his phone again to call him back. 

Scott answered, looking more distraught than Mitch had ever seen him. "Hey... So tell me; Have you ever seen me look this ravishing?"

"Ravishing? Or heartbroken?" Mitch frowned at him. "Sweetie, are you okay?"

"Please don't call me that... That's why I didn't want you to see me like this. Because now you're talking to me like I'm weak and--"

"No, no, honey. I'm not. You're the strongest person I've ever met, truly. Just.. God, Scott, I wish I could be there. You put up such a front when you're around other people, including Alex and Kirstie, and... You just need someone to hold you sometimes but you're not going to let them, are you?"

"Of course not. You can do whatever you want when I get home. But until then--"

"Until then, you're gonna act like nothing happened. Pretend you're okay, when you're not. That's why you're sitting alone in your car crying right now."

"I'm not fuckin' crying. You should be getting back to class, Mitch."

"Don't you do that. I'm not going anywhere until I know that you're okay."

"I'm fine, pretty boy."

"No you aren't. What'd they say, baby? Talk to me." Mitch leaned against the wall of the bathroom, eyes full of concern.

"Connie wants me to move to LA with her. To be away from Rick."

Mitch paused, eyebrows slowly raising. "She wants to take you away from home..?"

"I told her no, Mitch. Nothing on this earth would pull me away from you."

"But... Rick's still beatin' on you, isn't he? He's... Hurting you and stuff..."

"No. Don't do that, Mitch. Don't you dare suggest that moving away would be the best option."

"I don't want you to be hurting anymore, baby. I know it'll hurt like Hell to be away from you, but... If it's gonna keep you from getting beat up all the time by your own dad..."

"No. Nope." Scott held his phone with one hand while he shifted into reverse to back out of the driveway. "I gotta go, Mitch. Go to class."

"Please don't do that to me. Please at least talk to Avi? Or call me when you get back to the hotel, after you've had time to think? Please?"

"I'll think about it. I'm not going anywhere, okay? Fuck LA. My heart is in Texas with you, Mitch. Don't you fuckin' forget that."

*

Alex was ready to leave by the time Scott came back to the room, Kirstie in the bathroom curling her hair. 

Alex was sitting on the edge of the bed, texting Avi back to tell him he promised to be safe. "No, no, your outfit is very well put together. I really like it. And your make-up looks super good, and your hair is gonna look good... Fuck Jeremy. He's missin' out."

Kirstie peeked out of the bathroom to smile at him. "That's the sweetest thing I've heard all day."

"Well... It's what I do."

Scott walked into the room then, slamming the door behind him loudly.

Alex jumped at the sound. "Oh, hey. How was the soul sucking hour with your parents?"

Scott glared at him, tossing his phone onto the bed with his keys. "Do I look like I enjoyed myself?"

"Not even a little bit."

"Then why'd you fuckin' ask?" Scott kept walking to look into the bathroom at Kirstie. "So that's a yes on the going out tonight?"

Kirstie set the curling iron down on the counter, the front section of her hair still not finished yet. "I... I mean, yes. But not if you're too upset to go. We can just hang out here, if you want. Watch some movies, binge eat some ice cream.."

"No. I want you guys to be able to have a good time. I'll be the D.D. You guys should get plastered."

Kirstie frowned a little. "I don't know... I feel like, if you wanna stay here, we should all just stay."

"I don't want to stay here. I want to go out. Are you almost ready?"

"Kinda... I just... Need to finish my hair, and then contour a little... Uh... Ten minutes?"

Alex whined. "Kirstie, I wanna go now. Hurry up."

Scott glanced back at him. "You're all ready to go?"

"Mhmm."

"Call Avi. Tell him you're gonna be okay tonight. He'll want to know."

Alex felt obligated to obey him because he was in a bad mood.

Scott then followed Kirstie into the bathroom. "Mitch taught me how to contour, for when he feels lazy and doesn't want to do it, but still wants it to be done. And someone else taught me how to curl hair, so. Divide and conquer."

"Okay, uh... I'll contour, and you curl? I'll try not to move too much."

Scott nodded once, picking up the curling iron. "Kay."

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 2K 25
Cover by:@Dindin_writes starting from preeran's honeymoon💜
1.1M 81K 200
The third book of the series! And still going strong, with daily updates :) ALSO: Thank you @Kirstin_FanAcc for the cover!! :*
244K 5K 33
EDITED I have so many ideas. COVER BY: @Imbelcilic-Idiot !!! thank you so much!! ❤️ =DISCONTINUED=
3.7K 173 25
"Mitch's mom left me a letter before she passed away. I just got it today, and I'd like to read it to everyone." I unfold the paper, and I clear my t...