Chapter 198

"Wh-" The man holding Edward's corpse noticed a projectile approaching him very quickly . He could dodge it, but only by hair's width . "What are you trying to do old man?" He looked at the archer that shot towards him . Fury, rage, disbelief . All could be seen in his eyes as he couldn't make heads or tails out of the situation .

"RELEASE HIM NOW!" Bard screamed at the top of his lungs sending his voice traveling all over the battlefield . Before the man could speak back to him, he noticed a presence behind him . Audun flew up as fast as he could and attacked as soon as he reached the man . His halberd bent due to the strength he put behind it . The axe part cut through the air releasing a whistling sound .

"Oooh careful careful . " The man disappeared from the attack's trajectory and appeared far away, still holding Edward's body . His complexion looked pale due to the blood loss of his missing arm, but he looked ready to fight .

"I told you to RELEASE HIM!" Bard then appeared, charging a lightning arrow . As he released the arrow, the unthinkable happened . The man used Edward's body to block the arrow and change its direction .

"YOU BASTARD!" Bard bellowed and rushed at the man . Audun came to get him from behind as well .

"Don't get so angry . If you want the body, you can have it . " He said as he threw Ed's body into the air . The two old men rushed to catch the body, but before they could, a flame approached it first and incinerated it . The two of them looked at it in shock while they slowly turned their heads towards the man . He had escaped, and they couldn't even recover Edward's body .

The man fled towards his army and mingled with the soldiers . He then continued until he reached their headquarters .

With no way to channel their anger anymore, Bard and Audun switched back to attacking the army . Their ferocious assault claimed the lives of hundreds of people every second . However, their QI consumption rivaled their killing speed . If they continued in this way, they would be killed easily once their QI is completely gone . Realizing this, Hayato switched his target and started approaching them .

"Return to the back of the army and rest . We'll still need you two later . " Hayato told them, but they seemed shocked at his nonchalance after his friend had just died .

"What are you talking about? We'll just perish here after our savior..." Audun said with a somber face . Bard seemed to agree with him as he kept charging arrows and firing them .

"JUST LISTEN TO ME! We will need you two later, and you will return to the back . Don't let his hard work go in vain . And don't forget, this is a war to win, not to perish in . " The two of them didn't seem to listen, but Hayato didn't leave until the two of them had retreated . Hayato did the same thing with the rampaging Charlie, as he wanted to get revenge . But, he was much easier to convince compared to the previous two .

Similar cases happened all over the armies with Emilia, Ellie, Leon, Liz, and others . Their respective commanders got all of them to retreat and wait for further orders . They couldn't keep them in the front lines, as they would have been killed with such a frenzied mind .

As expected, with the disappearance of such strong figures, the front lines started losing people much faster . The commanders of the armies had to work the hardest . Many of them fought multiple Immortal Establishment cultivators at once . They had no hope of winning in such a case, so they didn't stay in the fight for long .

Emilia was sitting back in a tent with a face that couldn't be described . Her eyes were wide open, and even though she wanted to cry, tears didn't seem to be coming out . The scene of Edward's body being carried like a lifeless swine replayed over and over in her mind . Ed's words telling her that he won't die in the basement of her castle also played in her mind . Two words escaped from her mouth while thinking about everything . "You liar . "

Her tent opened up, breaking her out of the loop . She looked up to see Hayato's father, Akira .

"It's been around thirty minutes since that man returned . We have another thirty minutes before the war's climax, maybe even less . We need to be ready . " Akira spoke while realizing that Emilia could hear him . At least she was calm, unlike Ellie who thrashed everything around her room .

"You've received some equipment from Ed, right . Put those on and be ready, you'll have to move out when the signal appears . " Akira left as he finished his words . Emilia looked dazed for a while, but then her eyes focused back . The same thing happened with many others . They had to win this war, and if they couldn't, they'll take as many people as possible with them .

The coalition army lost much of his morale due to the disappearance of the commanders but still fought hard . The blood sect army commanders retreated back as they felt uneasy .

Back in their headquarters, the man who killed Edward finally got to enter the room where the highest commanders were staying at .

"Leader, I have some information to tell you . " He said as he glanced towards the people inside . There were five people there each one with a high cultivation . The weakest one was the same as him a level four . But the highest one was the man standing and looking towards the armies .

"Did your brain lose half of its contents? Or did you simply get some common sense and lost your pride along with your hand?" One woman spoke as she cracked a smile . She was of average height with a curvy body . She seemed to know the man well enough to tease him .

"Shut up this isn't the time . The enemy is planning something big and we need to prepare . " He said as he seemed in a bit of a rush . Different compared to his attitude back with Bard and Audun .

"Did you find out from the boy who took your arm?" The leader said .

"Yeah, he was strong . " The man glanced at his missing left arm as he spoke .

"Well then, let us hear this plan . "