Chapter 144

Smoke filled up the place, and the boss started spawning . Yet, even though Ed couldn't see the boss, he knew it wasn't Mehen . Just the quality and amount of QI this boss had allowed him to figure it out . The boss this time was a large blue Scorpion, like the one Ed killed before . It could use freezing flames, but it wasn't much of a challenge . The tenth boss was another Gryphon, while the eleventh was a Unicorn .

The Unicorn had many abilities . But as expected, Merry who was the strongest boss of the eleventh floor could kill it with ease . Ed also gave Merry the ability to use Nen, and she turned out to be a Transmuter . He told everyone to hurry up and make their Hatsu, so they would have time to develop it . Ed himself had already finished his .

Due to killing the bosses, Ed actually managed to level up to Heavenly Establishment level 5 . Although most of the Exp was gotten from the Eleventh floor's monsters . Another week passed, and now the final boss was going to spawn . Ed and the others were tense, as the enemy would probably be tough to beat . Ed had an idea about the type of the monster that would be the top of the tower .

The same thing happened with this boss, as smoke came out of the circle and this time, it filled the whole floor . No one could see the boss, but they could feel its QI . The QI felt evil, everyone got a fright from feeling it . It was also the biggest amount of QI they ever felt from a monster, even above Ed who had the largest pool of QI among them . The smoke receded and they got a good look at the twelfth-floor boss .

A fifty meter long Dragon was standing in the middle of the floor . Its body was black, and no part was an exception . It was a western Dragon instead of an eastern one . Unlike the wyverns, it had four limbs and a pair of wings on its back . The end of its tail looked like a mace ball, as it was round and had spikes on it . The back of the dragon also had spikes rather than a smooth back . A ride on this Dragon would not be comfortable .

"Everyone be care-" Before Ed could complete his words, the Dragon attacked . It wasn't a gigantic wall of flames, nor was it the Dragon itself attacking using its body . Instead, it was a simple concentrated beam of black QI . Its speed was unfathomable as no one could see it . Only Ed knew that the Dragon attacked, as the beam punctured his chest and left a hole . Even the chainmail armor that protected Ed's vitals all the time was broken by this attack .

'Shit!' Ed couldn't help but swear . He immediately grabbed a Healing card and crushed it before he could collapse . The hole was slowly recovering, but Ed didn't have the time to take it easy . The Dragon was continuing his assault . Ed's companions put up their guard and went into protection mode . They all stood in front of Ed in order to protect him . They felt shame since they let him get injured .

The Dragon released another one of its dark beams, but this time Merry stopped it . She surrounded herself with white magic energy and stood in the way of the beam . Little by little, the magic energy was decreasing . After a little, the beam hit her directly but didn't injure her . She clad herself in Nen, more specifically Ken, and used Ryu to concentrate her aura on the hit zone . As the beam weakened as well, she wasn't injured .

"Are you okay?" Ed asked her .

"Yes . " Hearing her confident answer, Ed rushed and followed his companions who already started their assault on the Dragon . Before they got close to him, the Dragon flapped its wings creating several Wind blades . These blades were sharper than normal Wind blades, but Ed and the others managed to dodge them all . But, they couldn't dodge what was coming next . The Dragon's scales shined in a red light, and it howled with its face upwards . A wave of flames was released from its body and surrounded everyone in an instant .

The attack's was comparable to Ed's Providence Blade, a concentrated mass of Qi and flames . As expected, they were injured . Only Sieg, Ed, and Raikou managed to escape the attack . Ed withdrew some potions and quickly helped the others drink it . However, before he could reach Suika, the Dragon targeted her and used its giant hand to crush her . Ed's heart skipped many beats . He almost turned berserk . Luckily, he managed to notice a few feathers . Merry managed to save Suika using her feather control ability just in time .

"Agumon, it's time to digivolve," Ed told Agumon to digivolve into his last form, Wargreymon . What better way to fight a Dragon, than a Dragon?

Agumon's mega form is a humanoid Dragon form . He is able to retain an orange color, but all of its body is clad in the Chrome Digizoid . His back is equipped with two shells that bear the crest of courage . His hands had two claw weapons called the 'Dramon Killer' . Although it is the strongest digivolution, up to now, it is also the smallest . WarGreymon stood at around three meters tall .

WarGreymon didn't waste any time and attacked the Dragon . The latter retaliated using its beam, but WarGreymon managed to block it . He used the two shells on his back and fused them into a shield . This shield was extremely tough and managed to block the beam without even a single scratch . "Great Tornado!" WarGreymon used one on his abilities and started to spin rapidly . An orange tornado formed around him as he drilled into the body of the Dragon . Up until now, Ed and the others only managed to injure the Dragon, but WarGreymon managed to draw its blood .

The Dragon's cultivation is a Heavenly Establishment level 10 . Its abilities are higher than its cultivation . But, WarGreymon managed to injure it thanks to his Dramon Killers . Which have an extra damage boost when used against Dragons .

"Keep it up, everyone!" Ed rushed towards the Dragon, and all of them attacked him . The opening WarGreymon created wasn't going to be wasted . All of them used their special attacks, managing to draw blood every time . Even WarGreymon used his Gaia Force . He gathered the energy from the atmosphere and turned it into a giant ball of flames . But, this one was a little special . WarGreymon also used QI and Nen to further increase the destructive abilities of his Skill .

The Dragon was now a lot more injured than before, yet it could still fight . It was about to use the large-scale attack, same as before . Ed didn't want the others to get hurt, so he recalled them, and Raikou went into his Shadow . The Dragon's skill was different this time since it wasn't a wall of flames . It was a barrage of beams that attacked in every direction . Ed disappeared from the arena, managing to dodge all the attack . He teleported into a pocket dimension which he kept open for such cases . He didn't manage to react fast enough last time, but he was able to now .

After reappearing on the Arena, Ed summoned everyone . "Keep it bound, I'll finish it . " Ed knew that even if they used a lot of skills, they wouldn't be able to finish it off . Light injuries could be healed instantly by the Dragon . Instead, he was going to release one single attack, enough to kill it in one hit . To do that, he was going to use his special Nen ability, his Hatsu .