Chapter 83

Ed was feeling nostalgic as he was walking in the city . He wasn't gone for a long time, but the incident made it feel as if it was years . He also noticed that disciples from the sect were on patrol . 'They probably switch between training and patrol' . Ed was glad that his father took immediate actions after Eric's incident .

After walking for a while he reached the castle . The butlers and maids whose responsibility was guarding the castle noticed Ed, and a smile formed on their faces .

"Master Ed! You're back! Come inside" They welcomed him as if he was a distant relative . Ed felt warmth in his heart and went inside .

"Young master!" Ed heard a familiar voice from behind him while he was walking inside . He turned around to see Becky, his maid . A smile formed on his face, as he was seeing some tears being forced back in her eyes .

"I'm back, Becky"

"Welcome back" The usual poker face of Becky was changed with a smile this time .

"Is my father home? I have some things I need to discuss with him" . Ed asked Becky as she usually knew everything that was happening in the castle .

"Yes, he is in his office . Also-" Becky seemed to want to say something, but abruptly stopped . "It's better if he tells you" A warm smile appeared on Becky's face as she told Ed . He was confused for a while but decided to let the matter go .

Ed reached Arthur's office, only to meet Sebas the butler . "Master Ed! What a pleasant surprise!" Sebas seemed to be very happy to see Ed . All the butlers and maids of the castle were fond of Ed and his family .

"Long time no see . I need to speak with my father, is it possible?" Ed was also glad to see the familiar faces .

"Of course you can enter . Master Arthur, I have a surprise for you!" Sebas was speaking as if he was going to play a prank on Arthur while opening the door .

"What are you talking about?" Ed could hear Arthur's confused voice from inside the office as he entered . When Arthur saw Ed his eyes opened wide, and he could see the joy inside them .

"Hello, father" Ed smiled while he greeted his father .

"Ed come inside!" Arthur seemed eager to check his son, so much that he even discarded his work . But, before he could even speak, Arthur noticed something wrong with Ed and asked him .

"What's wrong, Ed?" Ed was surprised that Arthur could notice that something had happened to him . 'I guess even though I'm not his actual son, he still knows me' Ed thought while smiling inside .

"I have some stuff I need to discuss with you, father" Ed started telling Arthur about what he encountered . He mentioned his meeting with Hayato and the rest of his friends . All while not forgetting Eri and the children . He also told his father that he planned on getting revenge on Blood sect . Arthur was shocked to hear about Blood sect at first, but gradually his shock transformed into concern .

"Ed, that sect in dangerous . I won't stop you from getting your revenge, so at least let me tell you about the history of that sect . " Arthur started talking about the sect . Blood sect was a major sect of the world, but it was an evil one . The members were all elites and could do whatever they wanted in the world . 100 years ago, Ed's grandfather and a couple of his friends declared war on Blood sect . Ed also figured out that Hayato's great-grandfather was one of those who put an end to the sect . Along with the king of Scale country and many others .

'Now that the sect is back, it means that the sect master didn't die like what people thought . Or one of his descendants had gotten strong enough to make the sect alive again' . Ed digested what Arthur had told him and made some theories . But, he knew that theories wouldn't get him anywhere . The sect was back, and that is a fact .

"Maybe the incident from the other day is also caused by them..." Arthur seemed to recall something .

"What incident?" Ed was afraid that another country, one of his friends', was attacked as well .

"A noble from a neighboring country was attacked by a dragon in his land . If the Blood sect has control of a dragon, then that would be very troublesome . " Ed also remembered something .

"Did that noble visit the auction of Scale kingdom's capital?"

"Yes, he did . How did you know?"

"Lucky guess . " Ed was glad he didn't try to win the dragon egg from the auction . Otherwise, he would be dead right now .

"I'm going to go and meet mother and the rest . " Ed finished his talk with Arthur . There were other things he wanted to discuss, but there was still time .

Ed went outside the office and started looking for his mother . After looking for a while, he found her and Bella in a garden . His mother's hobby was taking care of plants, so it was only obvious she would be there during her free time .

"Hello, mother" Elizabeth was startled by the sudden sound and turned her head . Bella did the same, and both of them opened their eyes wide .

"Ed!" "Big brother Ed!" Both of them shouted as they closed in for a hug .

"How have you been? Are you okay? How could you not send even one letter? . . . " His mother didn't stop her question . Ed was glad he came back . The time with his family was helping him get over the pain .

Bella simply stood next to Ed, as if waiting for something . Ed noticed this and smiled . He withdrew some sweets he had in his Inventory and gave them to Bella . He promised his family some souvenirs and he didn't forget . He got Bella sweets, which most children loved . He got his mother and Becky some jewelry . While he was planning to make some high-grade weapons for his father, Eric, and Oliver . He still had some metals left over .

After speaking with his mother and sister, Ed made his way to the family graveyard . He promised Eri and the children that he would take them back to his home, and he was going to fulfill that promise now .