Chapter 118

Ed and his companions continued to explore the seemingly endless jungle . This floor was by far the biggest of all the floors . Ed was actually surprised by the choice of whoever made this tower . The last floor was a dead fest, while this one was filled with life . It would have made sense if he made this floor some sort of rocky area and then gradually fill it with life . 'Well it doesn't matter anyway' ED thought as he continued looking for monsters . Luckily he was able to find a group of pack monsters .

When Ed reached the area, he wasn't able to see any monsters . However, thanks to his Map, he knew they were underground . Since the monsters weren't coming out, Ed was going to chase them out . He looked for an opening right above the monsters and gathered fire in his hand . After he felt that he gathered enough power, he punched the ground . A giant piece of earth disappeared because of Ed's attack . Even some weak monsters died because of it . Since the Exp wasn't interesting, Ed didn't care .

'These are?' As monsters came out of the ground, Ed seemed to recognize them . He scanned them with his system .

Name: Isoptera .

Cultivation: Earth Establishment level 4 .

'Just call it a Termite!' Ed retorted in his mind . The monster that came out was an oversized white ant . Ed remembered the time when he hunted ants during his stay at the academy . This time Sieg was with him . The ants that came out had a pale-colored head . They were working ants so it explained their weak cultivation in this advanced floor . This also meant that soldier ants, and a queen would come out .

"Same deal as always, kill them all!" Ed gave the orders and his companions followed them . Compared to the last time, they were much more efficient . Dozens over dozens of ant bodies kept piling up . Some were cut, some were burned, some were poisoned, and some were electrocuted . And most importantly, some were running around in circles due to Suika's Black magic . Almost a hundred kills later and soldier ants appeared . The soldier ants had the same name as the worker ants, but their cultivation was a lot higher . They were all Earth Establishment level 9, same as the Gorillas from before .

The Soldier ants were a lot bigger than the worker ones . They had a red-colored head which gave them a threatening look . Their speed was also a lot higher than normal . Ed had to activate Nen and his Sharingan to keep up with them . He didn't want to get injured for no reason . Since the ant's cultivation was higher, Gobuta, Goburou, and Garu had a bit of trouble . However, thanks to Sieg's support in battle, and Suika's buff magic, they were able to kill the ants without using Nen . Suika was now able to increase her allies' abilities using her White magic . Things like increasing speed and strength were easy for her . After another slaughter, one more pile of dead termites laid on the ground .

Before Ed and the rest could take a breath, they felt the earth rumbling beneath them . Soon, four gigantic figures appeared in front of them . One of them was especially large, and its abdomen was expanded to an extreme size . The other three were also large, but not to her degree . 'Those two should be the king and queen . Then what about those two?' Ed wondered as he looked at the two smallest figures . What he didn't know was, termite hives usually have up to three queens . The primary, secondary, and tertiary queen .

"Ant! How dare you kill my family?!" The queen ant spoke to Ed while looking furious . 'Did she just call me an ant...' Ed didn't know what to make of this situation . However, he quickly stopped his daydreaming . The Queen termite could speak . This meant that she was a Heavenly Establishment monster . Ed scanned all four of them and found out that other than the queen and king; the other two were level 10 Earth Establishment . The king and queen were Heavenly Establishment level 1 .

"If you didn't want them to die, then you should have come out first . " Ed provoked all of them at once . They charged towards Ed and his companions . Ed chose to fight the queen ant alone, while Sieg and Raikou fought the king and secondary queen . Suika and the others fought the tertiary queen . "Grrr..." Raikou had wanted to fight the king, but Sieg beat him to it . He let out a disappointed grunt while looking at the 'small' ant in front of him .

Sieg quickly overwhelmed the king ant with his clever use of magic . Although both of them had the same cultivation, their abilities were far apart . Even their grades as monsters were different . Raikou did the same with the secondary queen ant . A couple of concentrated lightning bolts and the tough armor of the ant broke . Suika and the others had a bit of trouble at first . The tertiary queen seemed the craftiest among them and used her speed to run around and dodge attacks . However, her opponents were too advanced to keep falling for such tricks .

'You're only running around...' All of them thought at the same time . Suika impaled the ground with one of her arms which she transformed into a lance . Waiting for the right moment, several spikes came out of the ground and hit the abdomen of the queen . Disgusting fluids came out of it, but the queen still didn't die . Yet, as soon as it thought about escaping, Gobuta and the others finished her off . "My family... You-You ant!" Once more, the queen called Ed an ant .

"You're the ant . Don't blame me; I'm simply trying to get stronger to protect my family as well . " Ed spoke while dodging some acid attacks that the queen was using . Shusui in his hand was glowing in a black and white light .

"You'll kill my family in order to protect yours?! What kind of hypocrisy is this?!" The queen ant seemed unwilling to comprehend what Ed had just told her .

"Too bad I'm over hypocritical!" Ed jumped in the air, right above the queen's head . "Providence Blade!" Ed used his strongest skill on the queen . Unlike with Siegfried, the queen couldn't handle Ed's full power and died immediately .

"Let's go, we have to hunt some more . " Ed stored the bodies and moved away . He only got Exp and no Gacha tickets this time as well .