Chapter 167

Norris was freaking out as he saw the black flame eat him away . His regeneration was working at 120%, yet it failed to help him against Ed's Amaterasu . Little by little, different body parts were completely destroyed with no hope of ever being healed . But, it didn't stop at body parts, the flames continued to consume the last bit of his body, down to the last strand of hair . Ed didn't want to leave room for mistakes . It wouldn't be weird if he were to regenerate from a drop of blood and end up stronger than before, or something like that .

*ding*

Acquired 10 . 000 . 000 Exp

Acquired Regeneration .

The notification brought ease into Ed's heart . It meant the Norris was killed and there would be no room for error . Ed managed to take Norris' spatial ring before completely killing him off . He descended towards Emilia and handed it to her . Her mother's body was most definitely there . Emilia was crying silent tears, and as she took the ring Ed could hear her faint voice, 'Thank you' .

'You're welcome . " He answered in his own thoughts and smiled at her .

Emilia kept checking the ring and found her mother's body there . She withdrew it and carried it gently, afraid that any sudden movement would damage the body . Ed was surprised when he saw the body . It didn't look like a dead person, but instead looked like a doll masterfully crafted to reach perfection . The snow covered the mother and daughter and hid the tears dropping down . The Ice Empress and Ice Witch were finally reunited . Although, both of them would have preferred if it was done in a better way .

"Follow me," Emilia spoke to Ed while wiping her tears off . Ed did so and they were far away from the castle until they reached an underground cave . It was similar to the hideout of the bandits on the tenth floor .

"This is a secret place where only my mother and I know about . It's where my family members are buried . " Ed looked around and found three coffins inside the room . Unlike the cold weather outside, the cave was warm . It was decorated with golden carpets and wall paintings . It didn't look like a burying place, but instead a grand hall in a castle . Behind the coffins, the word Eternity was written .

Emilia proceeded to withdraw a pure blue coffin from her spatial ring . Ed wondered why it wasn't taken from her when she was caught, but he quickly stopped such ideas as it wasn't really the time .

She then put the body of her mother inside the coffin . Ed guessed that she got the coffin while she was fighting in order to take back her mother's body . She then took out a broken pure white rapier from Norris' spatial ring . Ed was mesmerized momentarily by the beauty of the weapon . It was only a Legendary grade weapon, yet he could feel the thought and care put into it while it was being crafted . Unfortunately, it was broken into two pieces .

Emilie was about to put the rapier along with the body of her mother when Ed stopped her .

"I think you should probably keep it . Your mother would want that . " He thought that it would be considered as a memento from mother to daughter .

"But, it's already broken . It did so once mother passed away . I think it's only fair that it goes with her . " Emilia voiced her opinion, and then noticed Ed's serious expression .

"I can feel that the weapon doesn't want to be left here . It wants to come with you . If it's broken I can repair it, so don't worry about that . " Ed could really feel the sword's thoughts at this moment . Although it wasn't clear words, he could tell . The rapier would prefer fighting alongside Emilia, rather than be forgotten in this place .

Emilia stared at the rapier, and tears fell down on it again . It was as if she remembered her mother's gallant figure holding the weapon . She wiped her tears and nodded towards Ed while handing him the rapier . Ed stored it and decided he would work on it as soon as they get back .

Emilia finished taking care of her mother's body and put it next to her father and siblings . She stared at the Eternity behind them, bowed, and turned back to leave . But, before leaving she felt like she heard voices from behind her telling her to 'Take care' . Emilia recognized the voices and once again started crying, this time hard . Ed next to her was frozen with fear because he heard the voices too . Ed was terrified of horror, so he didn't dare turn back . What both of them didn't know was that they heard different things . Emilia heard 'Take care' while Ed heard 'Take care of her' . Both of them would never find out about this coincidence .

Before both of them left the cave, Ed left one of his sigils . Only this time, it wasn't wood but a metal crafted one .

"If you ever want to come to visit them, tell me . It'll only take a second . " Ed told her while smiling, and both of them exited the cave .

The cold wind blew in their faces as they walked outside . Emilia looked at the cave for a while, and then at the capital before heading out with Ed . Suddenly, Ed felt a sudden increase in his power . As well as many different people with a sudden outburst of strength . Both he and Emilia felt this, so she was surprised . But Ed knew what had happened . He checked his stats and was surprised .

Level: 61 . (2 . 500 . 000/10 . 000 . 000) [Heavenly Establishment level 8] .

Stats:

HP: 1550/ 1550 .

MP: 1158/1158 .

STR: 750 .

AGL: 700 .

INT: 705 .

DEF: 710 .

STA: 775 .

Skills: Three-sword style, Etiquette, Haggling, Strategy, KI control, Driving, Calligraphy, Programming .

Abilities: Mangekyo-Sharingan, Spectral Shadow Steps, Wind magic, Fire magic, Space magic, Voice Disguise, Shunpo, Nen, Berserk, Water magic, Haki, Telekinesis .

Monsters: Raikou, Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, Garu, Siegfried, Agumon, Merry .

Evaluation: Good .

He had advanced to Heavenly Establishment level 8, which meant his companions are now Immortal Establishment level 1 .