Chapter 19

"Well then master Ed, how should we handle this?" Griffin was now standing next to Ed . He was a King establishment level 5 but he was still no match for the man in front of him .

"We just have to hold on until my father comes here . I sent all of the disciples to inform him . Even if there was an issue all of them wouldn't be stopped" There were no disciples on the sect because Ed sent them all . This was also so he could fight without being reserved .

Ed had deactivated his Sharingan so he could last a little longer in the fight .

Griffin drew his sword and Ed took a stance once again . Then the man started his assault .

"Be careful Griffin, he can use illusions . " Ed made sure to warn him about the opponent's abilities .

The man's speed was astonishing . In less than one second he was in front of Griffin . However the latter was also incredible, he could keep up and even counter-attack .

'He certainly is amazing' Ed could see how this young man was the number one disciple of their sect . He also joined the fight and both of them could pressure the man with their sword skills . Suddenly the man stepped back and looked like he was charging something up .

"Be careful he's using some type of magic!" Ed warned Griffin . Sure enough, the man conjured a huge fireball and threw it at the two .

"Leave this to me" Ed spoke and sheathed both of his swords . "Nitoryu Iai: Rashomon!!" He then used the skill that was able to cut up a train compartment . After he was done the fireball was split into two and passed both of them .

Ed looked towards the old man and noticed he was gone . Griffin was also on guard seeing him disappear . "He must be using illusion magic to make himself disappear!" Ed figured out the trick and activated his Sharingan once again . He looked around and could see the space being blurry behind Griffin so he warned him quickly .

"Behind you!" Griffin heard Ed and quickly slashed where the man was, but could feel nothing . The man's speed was very impressive .

"Those eyes of yours are troublesome" The man was annoyed that his plans were foiled because of Ed so he switched his attention to him .

Griffin still couldn't see the man and was on guard but noticed Ed was tense so he knew he was being targeted . He rushed towards him and asked for assistance . "It would be a great help if you could tell me where he is, young master"

Ed knew Griffin wanted to help him so he started giving him directions . After a while their team play was perfect . However, the man was just too strong and they had suffered a lot of injuries .

Ed was now panting because of the Sharingan . He could usually last longer, but following the man's illusions while giving Griffin orders took its toll on him .

The man rushed at Ed and slashed . "It's time to end this" Ed was tired but still smirked .

"It is time to end this indeed" Ed jumped backward and yelled "Raikou!"

Ed's trusted partner who was waiting all this time jumped out of his shadow and used his lightning attack . After evolving for the 2nd time he now could use the lighting from a distance .

"Aaaah!" The man got hit by the lightning and stiffened up . He never expected a shadow-wolf to be hiding all this time .

Ed and Griffin used this chance to attack .

'Wind blade!' Ed coated his swords with wind and used fire magic on them . It was the combo he had used in the spar with Raikou .

Griffin also seemed like he coated his sword with something . It seemed like it was dense Qi .

Ed slashed his swords and sent the flames towards the man . The strength of this skill seemed like it was doubled when he used it with his two swords this time .

Griffin also slashed . The attack looked like what Ed's father used in their spar .

Raikou used flame magic as well and conjured many small fireballs .

All three of their attack hit their targets . A great noise was heard as if an explosion took place and dust filled the place .

After the dust cleared out, they could see that the man was injured . He had a deep slash on his body and some flame markings on his arms and head .

"How DARE YOU!" The man seemed like he was still fine after all of that . Ed and the rest were dumbfounded seeing that .

'All our attacks didn't even cause him to slow down . . . ' Ed was now desperate .

The man charged up a lot of fireballs . It was similar to what Raikou just did, only the fireballs looked more menacing .

Ed got in front of the two and used the Sharingan and Seikūken combo . With perfect precision, he kept hitting all of the balls . Griffin was surprised by this; he knew he couldn't do it .

After the Fireballs stopped Ed was simply too exhausted . He had pushed his body too far . Raikou realized this and came in front of him, protecting him . Griffin did the same .

Ed knew he would only get in their way if he tried to fight so he got back and simply warned them when the man used illusions .

Ten minutes later, all three had wounds on them . They could not fight anymore . The man knew this and moved to Ed to kill him, as he was the most troublesome .

"You should be proud kid, no one has pushed me this far when they were weaker than me!" The man showed respect to Ed and swung his sword .

However soon a shout was heard that made hearts tremble .

"YOU DARE KILL MY SON!" It was Arthur, he had finally arrived .

The man knew his time was done . He could not fight Arthur let alone escape from him when he was injured . He could kill Ed before his father could reach him, but he wanted to know how far this child would go so he simply walked to where his father was .

Arthur understood his intentions and pulled out his saber . He was glad his opponent was a warrior at heart and not a savage .

The two began their fight . Ed and Co . couldn't follow at all . The man was taking it easy on them all this time .

'I need to get stronger . . . ' All three of them had the same thought .

Soon enough due to his wounds, the man fell on his knees .

"As thanks for having mercy on my son at least, I'll allow you to die as a warrior!" Arthur swung his sword and decapitated the man . One could see gratitude in his eyes as he died .

Arthur had thought about interrogating him but as they fought he knew the man was an expert so he would not disclose any information . And his act with Ed made Arthur respect him .

As the man died, Ed could hear the notification .

*Ding*

Mission complete .

Obtained 10 . 000 exp .