Chapter 97

"Suuuususususu!!" Raikou and Suika were laughing hard . Suika was even producing some cute sounds . Looking like her stomach hurts from laughing . Even though she didn't have one . Ed got up and rubbed his forehead . "Stupid rock..." He grumbled while walking ahead . This time he was being extra careful not to fall down . Ed didn't know how much time he would be spending on this floor, but he didn't plan to stay long . At least not if he could help it .

The Labyrinth was made of corridors . Each one was tens of meters wide, and the walls looked much sturdier than the second floor's . When Ed checked the Map earlier, he noticed that the number of monsters on this floor was high . Although not as much as the second floor, it wasn't a number to underestimate . Especially since the cultivation of the monsters was bound to be higher .

Ed kept walking like a blind man . Although people would usually put their hands in front of them to try and feel their way, Ed didn't need to . He could generally sense his surroundings thanks to his other senses . 'A presence' Ed noticed the presence of something or someone in the next corner . He put his guard up and moved up ahead . The closer he got to the source of the presence, the clearer it became to him . In that corner, a monster existed, not a human . Ed ran ahead and reached the location of the monster . The monster noticed him and started moving .

"Kasa Kasa" Ed could hear the movement of a shell-like substance . 'This is probably a bug...' The only type of creature that Ed knew could produce this sound was bugs . He focused his senses, even more, trying to get a clear picture in his head before the monster could reach him . 'It seems to have many limbs' Ed' sense of hearing allowed him to perceive such details . The monster in front of him was a centipede . Ed didn't waste a lot of time before he could figure it out . The centipede is a poisonous monster . it would paralyze its victims before eating them . Its venom is considered very dangerous . So fighting the centipede usually required great caution . At least such a thing was common sense for the people of this world .

Ed didn't remove his blindfold even when faced with the centipede . He tried to analyze its movement patterns, and counter accordingly . The centipede used the walls to move around . This gave its attack an unpredictable trajectory every time . However, this still wasn't enough to overcome Ed's intuition . Anyone who could see him dodging right now would doubt the effect of the blindfold . Ed was trying to get a good grasp of Observation Haki . But, this didn't mean that he would throw his life away trying to achieve it .

He was not messing around anymore . As much as blinding himself was dangerous, it served a purpose . But him forcefully binding his abilities was considered overly reckless . Especially in this floor, where Earth Establishment monsters would be roaming around . Ed's movements were getting better and better . He too was getting into a state of complete concentration . In his world of darkness, only he and the centipede remained . This time, he could see the complete form of the centipede .

Ed didn't know if it was the true form, or simply his imagination . But this was certainly a step in the right direction . His improvement was neither slow nor fast . It was the pace that suited him best .

The centipede seemed to be getting restless . It tried to bind Ed with its body many times but to no avail . There was no difference in having the blindfold or not right now for Ed . He could react to it much better than in the beginning . Soon enough, Ed noticed that the centipede wouldn't help him improve anymore . He swiftly withdrew Shusui from his Inventory, and in a single motion, the head of the centipede fell down .

"Let's go ahead" Ed spoke to Raikou and Suika who were watching from behind . The Labyrinth was huge, so it would take them a long time to explore it . Ed didn't remove his blindfold . He kept walking ahead in that state, neither blind nor able to see perfectly . If someone were to study Ed's state right now, he would find it similar to animals that use sonar . Ed met up with a lot of monsters on his way . Snakes, Spiders, and even Bats . All kinds of monsters meant different types of attacks . This meant good experience for Ed .

Ed removed his blindfold since he was going to be cooking . He tried to cook with it on, but Suika and Raikou stopped him . 'What would we do if he mistakes sugar for salt' . If one were to look at their expressions right now, they would be able to guess their thoughts . Ed checked his Stats while cooking . He noticed that he only needed a single strong monster to be able to break through to Earth Establishment . A monster of that realm would be enough for it .

This caused Ed to feel excited . He couldn't wait to finish his food and search for the monster . He was so excited, he decided not to use the blindfold when hunting for this monster . Ed finished his food quickly and made his companions rush as well . "Let's go!" Ed rushed away in order to find the suitable monster .

"System, can you handle the scanning? I don't want to kill more than one monster," Ed's thought process was weird but understandable . It was frustrating to level up after killing two or three monsters in a game in order to level up . Especially in case, you thought only one was needed .

"Not you . Not good enough..." Ed was speaking while running in the corridors of the Labyrinth . His speed was much greater than monsters could react to . He was using Ren while running to achieve great effects . "You're the one!" Ed decided upon a monster about 50 meters in front of him . The monster was a lizard-man, but unlike Ellie's race, it was a monster . It was an Earth Establishment level 3 .

Ed used a short teleport to instantly appear behind it . With Shusui in his hand, he delivered a powerful slash, enhanced with his Ren and all of his physical strength . The lizard-man couldn't react and was split clean in half .

Acquired 4000 Exp .

Acquired one Gacha ticket .

Ed checked the notification . But before he could digest the information, he felt a change in his body . He finally broke through to Earth Establishment!