Chapter 114

"We can't beat him if we don't break that barrier," Ed told his companions . The plan was simple, attack and attack until the Lich is on the ground . Each one of them chose a position where they could attack without being interrupted . Or, interrupting others . The Elder Lich looked at them from above, as if he was looking at ants not worth his time .

"Useless struggle . Gale" with a swipe of his hand, a tornado appeared . Its strength was incredible as it managed to disturb the movements of Ed's companions . However, Ed didn't lose focus . He was concentrating on the Lich's movements . He wouldn't allow even the slightest action go unnoticed . The Elder Lich used the same technique as earlier and teleported . This time his target was Gary, who was guarding against the tornado .

"Aren't you tired from using the same trick?!" Ed intercepted him again .

"Who said it's the same" A calm voice sounded far away . Ed turned around, and to his horror, Gobuta was struck a lightning bolt . Ed couldn't believe his eyes as he saw the Elder Lich far away from where he just saw him . He looked back at the disappearing figure that he just intercepted . "Gobuta!" Ed accelerated towards his now injured comrade . Luckily, being an Enhancer, Gobuta's natural resistance and healing allowed him to survive the blast .

'How did he escape my senses...' Ed thought as he brought out a potion . He gave it to Gobuta which helped heal his wounds .

"You must be wondering how I was able to do it . Well, I'm not telling!" The Elder Lich teased Ed . However, much to his disappointment, Ed didn't care . All that he was thinking about was how to counter such a technique . 'Guess going all out is the only solution . ' Ed thought .

"You guys, I'll do my best . However, be careful!" Ed spoke to his companions as he took off his leather jacket . He withdrew a potion that helped recover his KI . Ed used Muramasa and Shusui in both hands and looked towards the Elder Lich . "You won't be touching any of them anymore!" He declared confidently . "Like I said earlier, try and protect them!" Both of them moved at the same time .

Ed activated his En once more . Along with Observation Haki, Ryūsui Seikūken, Shunpo, Ken, space magic and Spectral Shadow Steps . He wasn't simply reacting based on his senses this time . He entered an automatic mode that targeted anything that moved within his range . Other than his companions . This way whenever the Lich appeared, Ed would use his overwhelming speed to catch up to him and stop him . Ed was burning through his KI reserves like a fire in a hay farm . However, he had asked the system to use a potion for him anytime his KI fell below a certain range .

"What a ridiculous brat!" The Lich had a wide smile . He was surprised that such a person could exist . What Ed didn't know, was that the only people who managed to kill this Lich were groups of Heavenly Establishment people . No one alone could suppress him this much . "Then how about this!" The Lich looked as if he was splitting up . There was six of him this time . Each one of 'him' was using a different magic skill .

"Aaaaagh!" Ed let out a scream as he split as well . He was using the Speed Clones technique that comes with the Shunpo skill . By combining it with the earlier skills, Ed was able to intercept all of the Elder Lich's clones . "I told you I'll protect them!" All speed clones swung their two swords upwards, countering the elemental spells that the Lichs released . Six explosions occurred simultaneously . Ed's companions could do nothing but watch . Even Raikou was helpless when confronted with the Lich's barrier .

After the explosions receded, Ed came out of the dust cloud . His body bruised and deeply injured . However, his injuries were being healed at a visible rate . The system used a healing card in order to allow him to continue fighting .

"This time things will be different!" Ed looked towards the Lich who became one again . A smile engraved on his face as if he found the solution to all of his problems .

"And how is that?" His opponent asked mockingly .

"You'll see!" Ed, still a smile on his face, rushed towards the Lich who was hovering slightly above the ground . With both swords in his hand, he waited until he was at point blank rage and swung .

"My barrier can't be broken . You should already know that by now!" The Lich declared proudly as he prepared a magic skill to attack Ed . Yet, right before he could use his skill, he felt immense pressure on his left side . The side where Ed was attacking from . Before he could tell what had happened, he was thrown away by the immense force he was hit with .

"What happened?! My barrier!" The Elder Lich thought that his barrier had been broken through . But, as he confirmed its perfect condition, his face grew confused .

"You must be wondering how I was able to do it . Well, I'm not telling!" Ed hit the Lich with the same line he used earlier . A hint of anger flashed through the expressionless face of the Elder Lich .

Both of them clashed a few more times with the same conclusion every time . Ed would somehow 'ignore' the existence of the barrier and directly hit the Elder Lich . Without his barrier protecting him, Ed's opponent lost his cool and seemed to be losing . Ed was also taking some injuries, but he was able to heal them with his potions .

"You won't be able to outlast with no way to heal," Ed told the Lich .

"Who said I can't heal . Life Drain!" The Elder Lich used a skill and green lines gathered from the surroundings . The nearby trees wilted and the Lich's appearance was becoming better and better . "You didn't expect that did you!" He pointed at Ed as if he had won an argument .

"OF course I did . Undead always use the same skill!" Ed told him as he swung his swords once more . In fact, Ed pushed him to use this skill now rather than later when he is about to win .

"Tch! This annoying skill! You can't-fool me all the time, it's Space magic isn't it?!" The Elder Lich teleported away right before the attack hit him . Did he really find out about Ed's new ability?