Chapter 72

Everyone was getting ready to fight . Some teachers gave their class some advice, while Harry was looking for the best seat to get a good view . Ed and the rest of the class were deciding the order of teams . It was decided that Ed's team would be last; this way they can get a general idea of the other classes' strength . Ed and his team were the strongest in E class, maybe even in all classes, so it was only natural to save best for last .

As everyone finished deciding, the king stood up and spoke . "The tournament will start now . Remember, as soon as you touch the ring, the fight starts!" Everyone was on edge . They were all waiting for the king to give the order to start .

"The battle starts...Now!" The king's voice echoed around the academy grounds . Everyone heard it .

From five different directions, twenty-five people had entered the ring . They were all humans . It seemed that these were all the weakest of the classes, as they were chosen to start first .

As the fight was about to start, Ed noticed something wrong . All other classes targeted his class . His classmates were caught off guard and two of them were thrown off the ring by all sorts of magic . The three that remained were all present during Ed's sparring sessions . Seeing the movements of Ed and his teammates, they were able to adjust to them, but only slightly . One of them was a girl, and her hand was burned by a fireball .

'I see . They will be eliminating the weak ones first . ' Ed was both calm and furious at the moment . They were following a valid strategy, but it was still underhanded . Ed's classmates retaliated with some magic . They did their best but were still overwhelmed . E class was the first to lose its members in this round . But, they were able to injure some of the other students .

"It seems like you're going to lose Harry . " The smug teacher had a triumphant smile on his face . Even though it wasn't only A class who beat E . Harry didn't bother to answer him and kept watching .

Now the other four classes turned on each other . Each one found an enemy and started fighting . The tournament allowed weapons so some of them didn't rely only on magic . It seemed like A class' students had an advantage over the others . They were able to overpower their opponents, be it at swords or magic . Suddenly, one of A class' female students shouted at her teammates .

"Get back!" They all followed her orders and retreated . Now, only the other students were left in front of her . "Blazing tornado!" The girl used a skill similar to what Ed used against Leon before, excluding the wind blade . The tornado was a mix of Fire and Wind magic . Anyone close to it was sucked in and burned severely . Only 5 people were able to dodge it or use countermeasures against it . She alone eliminated 10 people .

"The following teams can enter!" Many people were focused only on the fights and forgot the time . Five minutes passed so easily . Now more people could enter the fight . Now there were 35 people on the ring . E class was disadvantaged due to having only five members . The members this time were ones who joined Ed's training sessions from before .

As soon as they hit the ground, one of them used Earth magic to shield them, and buy them time . They were targeted this time as well, but thanks to the wall, they bought a couple of seconds . As soon as the wall crumbled, E class used magic simultaneously . Fire, Wind, Water and Earth magic was used . Although it wasn't as spectacular as the tornado, it was still very powerful . This team was training all these days to be able to succeed .

Thankfully, their training paid off . They were able to knock out six students, two from C class, two from D class and one from each of the remaining classes . It was the first A students to fall off . Their teacher looked furious, while the students seemed to look down on the student that fell . "How dare you get knocked out by that trash class?!" Norris was looking at the students as if he was a piece of trash . He even tried to kick him but was stopped by the princess Alicia . He didn't seem to want to fight her and backed off .

The attention was now back to the tournament . E class was losing members one after the other . Their attack was successful, but they couldn't handle the collective attacks of the other classes . Once again, E class fell down . The students looked heartbroken and joined the ones who fell first . Ed looked at them and spoke . "You did a great job . If it was a one on one, I'm sure you would beat the crap out of them!" Although everyone knew it wasn't the truth, they were still grateful for his encouragement . Ed was getting impatient, waiting for the time to reach 15 minutes so he could join .

A class continued to dominate . They had the most members and their teamwork was good . They kept knocking off one student after the other . Only some B and C students were now left . Even D class was thrown off this time . The B class students were 6 with some Oni who could use magic in a great way, be it defense or attack, so they could hang on with their teammates . C class only had two members left; one of them was the student who fought Hayato in the mock-battle .

His name was Charlie and he was the only one, other than A class, who wasn't injured . He was now fighting an A class student .

"Hahahaha! This is fun! I haven't had this much fun since fighting E class!" he was fighting without using a weapon, contrary to his opponent . Yet, he was still overpowering him . Soon enough, he drove him to the edge of the ring .

"Seismic blow!" The A class student was blown off the ring . Another one from A class had fallen .