Chapter 179

The distance between Avalon and Scale was 10 . 000 km . Ed truly felt how big this world is when he started making trips between kingdoms . Saying that it was bigger than Earth was an understatement . But, the stronger one becomes the smaller the world will seem . Even now he could travel around continents in mere days using his dimension ability .

He chose thirty-six posts of Blood sect to hunt . Three of them were large ones . He delegated Sieg and Gobuta to hunt two of them while the last one would be hunted by himself . Ellie was stationed with Gobuta so she needed to fight in the large post as well . As usual, the mission started after darkness took over . Ed and Garu used their disguises, in order to continue the legend of the Nightmare . By now, all posts of Blood sect should know about them . But, even if they prepared, they could do nothing in front of overwhelming power .

Ed didn't bother to appear in the middle of the post . Neither did his companions . They all attacked them head-on . No Immortal Establishment was found in any of these posts, so they had an easy time conquering them . Their hunt ended rather quickly as the numbers of the attackers had increased as well . Raikou's post was filled with punctured or frozen bodies . Both he and Emilia used their strongest abilities to finish off the enemies . Of course, the number killed by Raikou was far superior .

Merry and Alicia caused the members of Blood sect to confuse themselves, making them easy targets . Garu and Goburou used their Hatsu to control almost all members of the post . Then they proceeded to make them kill themselves . Sieg spawned eight Dullahans, which had the cultivation of Heavenly Establishment level 10 . In addition to his magical prowess, the post stood no chance . Suika used a large scale Poison magic to incapacitate the majority of the members . Those that survived or weren't affected were then hunted by her . Gobuta used his Darkness magic to in such a way that spawned deep fear in those that witnessed it . Ellie managed to help him, but only barely, as he preferred to kill everyone himself .

Agumon caused the entire post to disappear, bodies and all .

Ed found that there was no reason to continue leaving members alive, so all members died . Ed was already used to it, but he didn't expect Emilia and the other girls to kill o many people without even batting an eye . 'It must be my naïve thinking . ' Ed thought as he took everyone back to Avalon . They spent the week doing the same thing . They managed to intercept a carriage that belonged to one of the allies of Blood sect . As a young prince was riding it, they were certain that he was heading to the academy . Ed knocked down everyone using Haki . He took the letter written by the king and waited until they woke up . He then had Raikou frighten them into returning back to their kingdom .

He could have killed them all but decided against it . They didn't appear as red dots, so their king must be controlled by Blood sect . 'He should be one of the kings that didn't allow the messenger a private meeting . ' Ed thought to himself . Now, their plan would be put into action immediately . Ed passed by Claw kingdom where he checked on Alice and her family . He was relieved to see them doing fine for themselves . But, the usual fun and warm atmosphere they had inside their inn was not present . Ed decided not to enter . The best thing he could do to them was return Scale kingdom back to its rightful ruler .

Ed had his disguise on . He wasn't stopped by any guards . He always teleported inside by using a short teleport before they could see him . He made it to the kingdom where he summoned Goburou . Goburou was wearing clothes similar to those of a prince so he could fit in . He knew the way to the academy, so he didn't need Ed to stay with him . Both of them had their own duties to fulfill . Ed infiltrated the castle using Zero Sign, where he got a good look at the new king of Scale Kingdom . It was a man in his middle thirties . It was the same one that managed to beat Uther . Ed hid one of his wooden sigils in a place that wouldn't be discovered and left . His destination was the auction .

Ed found out from the king that the auction changed its policy . It opened once every month instead of every year . This time, it was open at the same time as the entrance exams of the academy . It was the only time they wouldn't open on the usual day of the month, as they targeted the foreign nobles . Ed felt that it was time to restock on the money . He also had another reason to visit the auction . He was going to buy information . The auction may be an honest job, but he knew that it could give him the information he needed in return for money .

He made his way to the guild of Scale kingdom, which changed into the headquarters for the auction . The guild headquarters changed its location due to this change . As Ed walked in into the familiar building, he was recognized by one of the workers there .

"Follow me please, sir . " The worker bowed in front of Ed and walked inside a room . Ed took a look at his in the Map and noticed that he was blue . Now, Ed didn't know if stopped him due to his identity as Nightmare, or because of his last visit .

"Welcome back, sir . We've missed you during these two years . " The one who spoke was recognized by Ed as the same receptionist that treated him two years ago . Next to him was the same appraiser as well . 'Is this a coincidence, or...' Ed thought about it for a while, but he dismissed his thoughts for now .

"I'm guessing you'll be participating for both events, correct?" Ed nodded at the words of the receptionist and walked over to the appraiser . He withdrew the items he planned to sell while the receptionist prepared a card for him .

At the same time, Goburou managed to successfully enter the academy . He was standing as he was undergoing the same tests Ed took last time .