Chapter 63

Ed woke up and headed to the class . Today was the second mock-battle so it was simply a repeat of last time . When he got there, he joined the same team as before . All teams headed to the monitor room and waited while the battles took place . The opponent this time was D class . Ed was glad since it meant the difference wouldn't be as big as with B or A class . Now, his classmates had more chances of winning .

The first team that went was made of a group of students that didn't join Ed's training . They fought almost the same way as in the first mock-battle . However, they were able to knock own a couple of students from D class, at the cost of their own teammate . In the end, their flag was taken and E class suffered the first loss .

The second team was a team that joined Ed's training . They used the decoy strategy and ganged up on students who fell for it . They also had an Earth magic user, so they were able to hide the flag and make some traps . They lost three students and were able to defeat all other D class students or at least make them unable to fight . E and D class were now tied as well .

The next fight went almost the same way and they were two for one . The second teams fought again due to D class' students asking for a rematch . And this time class D won . Ed's team would be able to decide which class truly won . Ed made his way to the starting point and activated his Map . He was going to finish this as fast as possible since he wanted to use the time left for training . They didn't have any other classes today .

"I'll try to finish this quickly . " He told the rest of his teammates . Another reason he was doing this, was because Ellie still looked spiritless . Her loss to Ed must have crushed the pride she had in her power .

Ed checked his Map and pinpointed the location of the other team . He noticed that one of them was represented by a red dot . 'Is he a friend of Norris? Or is there something going on in this academy?' Ed was feeling restless . The red dots he noticed in the capital last week and this one made him feel uncomfortable . If they were all friends of Norris, it's good he can handle them . If there was something deeper going on it would be very troublesome .

Ed decided to leave it for now and focus on what he has in front of him . He activated Ten and his Spectral Shadow steps . In this state, it took him less than two minutes to reach the enemy's location . The one who was guarding the flag was surprised that he screamed loudly . "How is it possible?!" He couldn't believe it so he was stunned, but quickly reorganized his thought and used magic to stall Ed . His teammates couldn't possibly be as fast as Ed so they should still be nearby and come to help .

Ed's opponent activated fire magic and sent a firewall at him . However, this wasn't enough to stall Ed . He quickly jumped up and activated wind magic of his own, sending the opponent flying away . Ed made his way to the flag but was stopped by an ice wall this time . He looked ahead and found a different teammate this time . 'It seems like they took precautions this time' Ed simply punched the ice wall making it crumble . He simply couldn't be stopped and took the flag before the others could even get back to their starting point .

Ed's performance was outstanding . He quickly got back to the monitor room and excused himself . He wanted to spend as much time as possible training Nen since it was both useful to use and hard to master .

Ed spent two weeks doing the same thing . Other than the weekend where he went out of the capital to hunt and meet up with Eri and the rest, he was almost glued to his room . He was able to ascend another level becoming King Establishment Level 3 . He was also finally able to use In, so he explained it to his monster buddies .

"You can think of In as the step-up version of Zetsu . In this state, you're able to completely hide your aura while allowing it to flow normally . You do not suppress it like with Zetsu but simply hide it . Take this for example . " Ed lifted his finger and the number could be seen forming thanks to his aura . "This is my aura without using In . Now if I use it . " The number suddenly vanished and only Ed's hand could be seen . "You can't see it or feel it in this state . However, if you use Gyo you'll be able to see it as if nothing is used . " Ed used Gyo on his eyes, indicating that they should do the same . Now everyone was able to see the number one . Same as before In was used .

"You can also know if someone is using In on their aura if you don't see it when it should be used . " Ed finished his explanation and continued with the normal Ren extension training .

In the second week, they battled B class . E class was able to snatch two wins thanks to Ed's team and another team . Now Ed could access B class level in the library making him read about monsters up to Heavenly Establishment .

Ellie was still down even after two weeks . This was worrying Ed and his companions so he was thinking of ways to cheer her up, but it wasn't easy . Harry, their teacher even told him that an inter-class tournament was due to happen in the next week . They were all surprised since they weren't told at all, and now they have so little time to prepare .

Ed, however, decided to focus on the auction bound to happen this weekend . He was going to try and get the cockatrice meat, as well as anything that interests him . Ed prepared the night before and got the money ready . He was also going to be selling some potions and monster carcasses to increase his income . He had no idea how much he was going to spend, but it was better to prepare .