Chapter 132

Ed spent almost four days before traversing the forest . He had hunted a lot of monsters, but he wasn't satisfied . None of them gave him a challenge . This meant that the experience points weren't satisfying either . On the other side of the forest was a wasteland . It seemed similar to a land that dried out, with only some plants that could survive in such conditions . A line was formed between the forest and the wasteland . The line seemed as if it was the marker that divided life and death . A green forest filled with colors that represented life . And the wasteland that lacked any colors .

"Let's the hope the monsters here would be better . " Ed thought as he moved ahead . In a couple of minutes, Ed noticed some red dots moving towards him . More than ten of them were moving at a high speed . 'I can't see anything . ' Ed squinted his eyes and looked around hoping to catch sight of these enemies . The enemies were very far, but Ed still tried to catch a glimpse of them . Not seeing anything coming from the distance, Ed waited . In a couple of seconds, his sharp senses felt something approaching and he looked up .

Oversized Condors were descending at a high speed . Their wings spanned over ten meters while their length was over four meters . Ed scanned them to make sure they are condors . Their size and bulky structure made them look like ostriches instead . The condors were a species called Thunder Birds . Each one of them would reach Heavenly Establishment level 5 at full maturity . Many of them simply stay at such a level, while others manage to get stronger . The ones targeting Ed have a lower cultivation, which meant that they were training .

Many monsters would send their young ones to hunt weaker opponents . This was to familiarize them with hunting and also to pick out the strongest one among them . 'If I kill them all, I'll probably be hunted by the adults . Perfect . ' A smile crept up on Ed's mouth while he prepared to intercept them . Adding Ed, his group had seven members in total . They could easily fight against a small group of birds . The Condors used many tactics . Some of them tried to wear out the opponent . Others used their thunder to disable them .

Ed and the others didn't waste much time with them . Most of the Condors were Heavenly Establishment level 2 monsters . And, their grade was definitely not Legendary . The difference in difficulty between them and the floor bosses was something to laugh at . The fact that some of them tried to electrocute Raikou and Sieg actually made Ed chuckle . Even though their names had 'Thunder' in them, they couldn't be compared to Raikou and Sieg . Both of them used simple Lightning magic, turning the condors into fried chickens .

Ed actually noticed that Suika bound one of the condors and chocked the life out of it . Yet, he chose to erase that part of his memory . Suika was in her human form, a little girl, and she snapped the neck of such a huge monster while laughing . Almost everyone who noticed that got a chill .

Ed stored the bodies of the birds he hunted . He wasn't planning on eating them as he knew condors would usually feed on dead bodies . They were known as the scavengers of the wild . He planned on exchanging them when he visits the village in case it was possible .

Once again while traveling in the wasteland that looked like a Savannah desert, Ed noticed a group of red dots coming his way . Although Ed thought that the wasteland looked similar to a Savannah, it was from it . The Savannah desert still had some patches of grass and vegetations . This wasteland was devoid of such things, as even the cracked ground could be seen .

Ed didn't need to squint his eyes this time . He saw a group of big cats running towards him . A pride of lions took interest in Ed's group and approached them . Both male and female lions were going to hunt this time . Each one of them had golden colored fur . Even the manes of the other lions were in such color, except for one them . That one had a crimson red mane, making him look distinguished . 'I guess that's the Alpha of the pride . ' Ed thought to himself .

As soon as they got close enough, Ed and his companions retaliated . "Human, you dare to defy us?" The crimson-colored lion spoke to Ed . He had a cultivation of Heavenly Establishment level 5 . Same as Mehen . However, his rarity was only Epic . "You try to hunt us, and we can't fight back?" Ed amused the Lion by answering . "It should be an honor for you to be hunted by us!" Same as the name of their group, the lion was full of pride . "I have no need for honor," Ed answered him as if it was obvious .

The group of Lions had over forty members, vastly outnumbering Ed's group . Yet, they couldn't overwhelm them . Gobuta, in particular, was doing an outstanding job . Every time he swung his blade, the black tattoos on his arms would shine, giving him what seemed like a power boost . Each member of the Lions couldn't handle his strikes, as many of them were split in half by just one swing . Halfway into the battle, more enemies joined the fight . It was another group of Condors .

These ones were the same as those from before, simply young ones trying to learn how to hunt . Ed guessed that the adults wouldn't appear until they exhaust Ed . Now a three-way battle took place . Ed could see that some condors were killing or being killed, which made him angry . In his eyes, all the monsters present were precious experience points that belonged to him . "Everyone, kill them all quickly!" Ed gave the orders to his companions who turned serious after hearing him .

Everyone did what they could do best, kill . Sieg who could fly relentlessly pursued the Condors, killing them in cold blood . Those who were on the ground took care of the remaining lions, while Ed fought off against the leader . Seeing his pride being killed, the Alpha got angry and fire surrounded his body . Ed used his Water magic to conjure water and kept it focused on him . Ed's Water magic was still low leveled so it couldn't damage the lion, but that wasn't his plan . He was aiming to confuse the lion, as the water vapor thickened around him, blocking his sight . After one second of the Alpha's hesitation, Ed appeared on top of him and swung his sword . The Alpha's head rolled down .

"Let's go . " Once again, after storing the bodies, Ed ventured further into the wasteland .