Chapter 110

Ed and his companions continued hunting for over a week . Yet, there was no sign of the boss . By now, he had searched 90% of the floor . The remaining area was inaccessible, making it impossible for the boss to be at . Ed guessed that the people, who died here, didn't do so because of the monsters . Instead, it should be due to hunger and dehydration . If the boss doesn't appear for a long time, most people would end up going through their supplies .

Not everyone prepared for the tower like Ed . Most people actually formed teams to challenge the tower . So it wasn't surprising that they would turn against each other in case of lack of rations . To make matters worse, leaving the tower through this floor was near impossible . Due to the thick blanket of fog that surrounded the floor, it wasn't possible to find the teleportation circle again . Many people would simply end up walking in circles, except for the few lucky ones . Even Ed, with his Map, had a hard time navigating through this place .

Ed didn't have the problem of food due to his constant hunting . But, even his supply wasn't limitless, and his dimension couldn't create living things . To make matters worse, this floor didn't have any animals or monsters that could be hunted . Undead creatures could not be eaten . Not because of their similarity to humans, but because they were poisonous .

As Ed was walking around, a group of Wraiths surrounded him and his companions . The Wraiths had a foggy body and looked like a flying cloak . All of them were Earth Establishment level 6 . Ed and the others tried to attack them, but they couldn't damage them . Attacks simply passed through their intangible bodies . After trying out nearly everything, Ed decided to use his last ability . Unfortunately for the Wraiths, their opponent turned out to be Ed . He teleported behind one of them and slashed with Muramasa that was enhancing a Fire skill .

The Wraith died instantly . This time, Ed's attacks connected . The reason was that he used Armament Haki, and this was its most important ability . Armament Haki could force intangible substances into a solid-like state, forcefully . Although Ed was not as proficient in Haki as much as he wanted, it was still enough to achieve basic results such as this . The rest of the Wraiths tried to flee after seeing one of them drop dead . Their selling point was their ability to phase through attacks . Once that is gone, there was no reason to try and act tough .

"My precious Exp!" Ed spoke in a hoarse yet very weird voice as he followed the Wraiths . A couple of sword swings later and no trace of them was left . Apparently, being part fog made them disappear into thin air rather than remain as a corpse . 'No Gacha tickets...' Ed was not used to not having tickets dropped . Although it was the usual occurrence, it still wasn't a pleasant feeling .

After hunting for another day, Ed didn't encounter anything special . Most of the monsters he killed today were Zombies and Ghouls . None of them had a high cultivation, at least not one capable of putting up a challenge for Ed and the others . Ed chose a nice looking spot and activated his Mangekyo Sharingan, opening a pocket dimension . He always decided on a nice spot since his dimension took on the image of the area where it as created . And as usual, Ed didn't want to add things for no reason .

Ed and the others resumed their usual routine . They would train for about three hours under ten times gravity . After finishing their usual spar sessions, they would take a bath, eat, and sleep . Ed and Raikou could function with only four hours of sleep . Their cultivation was already at a point where their bodies started to adapt to stress and fatigue . As for Suika and the others, they didn't require food or sleep; they simply imitated what Ed did .

Ed noticed that thanks to the spars, everyone's capabilities improved further . Ed didn't let them fight the same person every time; instead, he would rotate their partners randomly . Since Gobuta, Goburou, and Gary used swords as well they learned a great deal fighting him . His sword abilities could already be considered among the top of the world due to his skill alone . Once he achieves higher cultivation levels, only a handful of people would be able to challenge him in sword-skills .

Ed also focused on his Space magic . It was making him irritated due to how long it took to level up . But, he could feel it becoming closer and closer to breaking through . At least that was how he felt .

Another three weeks passed on the seventh floor . Ed hunted the Zombies and Ghouls almost to extinction . The only monsters that roamed the floor now were Skeletons . Skeletons, unlike zombies and ghouls who were the result of cultivators dying, were spawned by the tower . Fighting Skeletons was a bit more challenging . You needed to completely shatter the bones to kill them . Even if the only remaining bone was their skull, they would still move it .

Through his stay in this floor for over one month, Ed was able to break through to Earth Establishment level 7 . He believed Raikou would be able to enter Heavenly Establishment when he hit this level . But unfortunately, he seemed to be stuck at a bottleneck . The system explained that normal cultivators would hunt a Heavenly Establishment monster and absorb its QI . Ed wouldn't need to do this as he simply gains Exp from the monsters . Instead, he would have to obtain an enormous deal of Exp .

Ed, being unable to find the boss, was now thinking if the boss was a small insect hiding underground . 'Is the tower trolling me...' Ed thought to himself as he was getting out of the pocket dimension . He instantly felt a difference . Although the fog still remained, he could tell that it was nighttime . The Sky, for the first time in a month, was clear . And Blood moon decorating the black sky of the seventh floor .