Chapter 186

"What kind of monster is that?!" Snake couldn't help but exclaim after seeing Gobuta's display of power . The skinny man fighting Gobuta was his comrade . As such, he had a good idea of how strong he was . The fact that he was killed so one-sidedly didn't make sense to Snake . He didn't notice that the ones he was fighting had a wry smile . Neither did he know that all of them thought, 'You should see his master,' at the same time .

"Let's not drag this any longer . We need this country to be freed before dawn . " Eric smiled as he, and the others, rushed towards Snake . The latter couldn't afford to dilly dally any longer . He knew that if Gobuta joined Eric and the others, he would stand no chance . His best bet was to kill them all and retreat back to help Edgar . However, doing so proved to be much harder than he thought .

Eric and the others started to get a feel for each other's techniques . Emilia, Ellie, and Alicia could fight together fairly well . So could Griffin and Eric . But, since they were all fighting as a group, they had yet to completely understand one another . It was impossible for them to achieve a teamwork level like Ed and his companions' . By now, Snake couldn't even poison anyone, giving enough freedom for Alicia to fight as well . She had been stuck acting as a healer, but as a fighter now, she added even more pressure .

Snake felt relieved for only one thing . Gobuta didn't seem to have the intention of fighting him . But, as he saw the second battle, he felt nervous once more . Uther and his opponent's battle was about to reach an end .

As both of them used opposite types of magic to each other, they kept negating each other's attacks . But now, one could easily see that Uther was dominating his opponent . His light attacks started consuming his opponent's dark magic . This forced the darkness man to work twice as hard to stop such attacks . He had to guess which attack was stronger than the other and then react accordingly . In case he failed, he would be wasting his QI for no reason . On top of that, whenever he tried to dodge, he would find Uther waiting for him . He was at his wits' end .

"I may be weaker than Avalon and Nakamura, but you shouldn't have underestimated me . " Uther approached his opponent in a lightning fast speed . His already tired enemy tried to react instantly by slashing with his sword . But, Uther's Glaive was faster . It had already lodged itself deep into his body by the time he realized what had happened . At the moment he tried to do something about it, he was cleaved in half . Blood escaped his mouth, and as his eyelids closed by themselves, regret could be seen in his eyes .

"I've really gotten older, ho ho," said Uther as he descended . He gave himself a couple of pats on his lower back as if to relieve an imaginary pain . Gobuta had joined Leonard and Edmund at fighting Heavenly Establishment cultivators . Uther wanted to join them, but he decided to stay and watch the youth fighting Snake . The main reason was that he was a doting father, and wanted to intervene in case Alicia was in danger .

"You brats!" Although Uther was worrying, the group of youth was doing fine for itself . Snake had sustained many injuries caused by them, although they weren't fatal ones . Everyone noticed as he inhaled deeply, and felt something dangerous was coming . They backed off, almost disappearing from their position . As Snake was already mid-way using his technique, he didn't stop . He exhaled an ominous looking purple fog . Anyone could tell that it was poisonous . It propagated quickly, making its way towards the retreating youth .

"Leave it to me," said Eric . He gripped his Legendary sword, as a green aura surrounded it . He enhanced his sword with QI mid-swing making it heavier . As he finished his swing, everyone could feel as if a tornado erupted from his sword . He managed to blow off the incoming poison fog, but his attack didn't stop there . Wind Blades continued to hunt for Snake who dodged them one by one .

Snake dodged the last one by flying upwards . He was looking down in order to see if any other blade was following him . This caused him to not notice Alicia who had been lying in wait for him . As soon as he lifted his head back up, he heard a voice say, "Lumen Maximus!"

A Blinding light hit him right in the eye . It was enough to light up the dark sky, so it caused major damage to him . As he lost his sight, he wanted to retreat to feel his opponents by his other senses . But, he failed in doing so . Ellie, who was surrounded by QI, followed after Alicia's attack . The QI she used was so thick and concentrated; it made her look like a bundle of fiery aura .

"Meteor Impact!" Ellie closed in so fast that Snake didn't have time to register what she said . Her QI that surrounded seeped into her gauntlets . It was similar to what Gobuta had done . Her fist landed perfectly on Snake's solar plexus . His upper body bowed down to handle the pain better . But, Ellie's fist never stopped touching his body . She looked like was burying her hand into his body and launched him . Her QI penetrated through his body, and fiery red aura erupted from his back .

Snake's brain couldn't register its situation accurately . The only thing it up was the sharp pain he was feeling, and the sensation of flying through the air . But, even that sensation stopped, and was replaced by even more pain . Emilia cast fire and ice lances that penetrated Snake's body in various parts . His hand, legs, and torso had one lance from both elements . He was now rooted in the sky as Emilia's magic stopped him from moving . He could only float .

"You bastard! I'm from Poison sect; you won't be able to handle the wrath that will befall you!" Snake tried to provoke them one last time as he felt that death was approaching . He didn't know that Emilia would only want to kill him more after he said so .

"We know, and we don't care . " Eric approached with his sword in his hands .

"The day you touched one of ours, was the day you signed a death contract . " Griffin also appeared with his weapon in his hand . Both of them enhanced it with QI as they flew towards Snake .

"Repent on your actions in your next life . " Both of them spoke at the same time, as they simultaneously slashed . As they passed by Snake's body, his head rolled back and started falling towards the ground .

Back in the academy grounds, one man was impaling a younger one with his spear . He was injured from head to toe, but he had a triumphant smile on his face .

"This will teach not to mess with us, Edward!"