Chapter 98

Ed felt his power surging . It was like he underwent a complete metamorphosis . The amount of KI in his body was completely overwhelming . Ed felt as if he was drunk on power .

[Mangekyo-Sharingan can now be used . But be careful, or you'll be drained quickly] The system notified Ed . The Mangekyou-Sharingan's abilities were usually different from one person to the other . Now Ed couldn't wait until he could use it .

"For now, let me check my new status!" Ed wanted to see the difference . He could feel how strong he had become, but it would be a waste not to use the all-useful scan function .

[Scanning, please wait...]

Name: Edward Avalon .

Level: 27 . (500/250 . 000) [Earth Establishment level 1] .

Stats:

HP: 620/620 .

MP: 450/450 .

STR: 300 .

AGL: 260 .

INT: 265 .

DEF: 270 .

STA: 310 .

Skills: Three-sword style, Etiquette, Haggling, Strategy, KI control, Driving .

Abilities: Mangekyo-Sharingan, Spectral Shadow Steps, Wind magic, Fire magic, Space magic, Voice Disguise, Shunpo, Nen, Berserk .

Monsters: Raikou, Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, Garu .

Evaluation: Not bad .

Ed's powerup this time was much greater than usual . Especially his MP . It had grown more than any of his other stats . 'No wonder the system advised me to wait until I hit Earth Establishment!' . Ed was very pleased with his power right now . As he knew he would only get stronger now in this tower, he continued his exploration .

"We need to hunt much more monsters . My level stagnated during my stay at the academy, so now it's time to catch up!" Ed spoke to Raikou and Suika . Looking at both of them, he remembered something . "System, how many monsters can I summon now?!" Ed felt like his summoned monster count had something to do with his cultivation level .

[You can summon up to five monsters at once . Of course not counting Raikou] The system's answer satisfied Ed even more than he thought . He could now summon five monsters . He didn't even have that many .

Ed checked out his monsters levels as well . Raikou was now at Earth Establishment level 5 . The gap between his and Ed didn't widen, instead, it shrunk . Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, and Garu were now all level 24, equivalent to King Establishment level 4 . They will soon be able to break through as well . Ed checked his Map and noticed that a corridor close to them was full of monsters . It was their chance to test how their power-ups went .

The monsters that filled the corridor were mostly made up of King Establishment monster . Only a couple of them being Earth Establishment . Ed and Raikou naturally handled these monsters quickly . Suika and the other three handled the rest of the monsters . The dozens of monsters that were packed in that corridor were nowhere to be seen . A group of five had decimated them in a flash . Ed was more surprised than the rest . His sword was able to injure monsters that specialized in defense without having to rely on Nen or magic . He also noticed something new . Whenever he swung his sword while using a certain amount of strength, some flying slashes would be triggered .

Flying slashes were compressed air projectiles . Generated due to the immense strength of a person . Most powerful swordsmen were able to use these types of attacks . The best thing about them was the fact that they didn't use up KI . As long as Ed could swing his swords, he would be able to use them . Ed's swords would become even deadlier now .

"By the way system . Aren't you being too stingy with the ticket drops..." Ever since Ed set foot in this tower, he was only able to get one ticket . He couldn't help but feel cheated .

[Let me remind you that I don't control the drop rate . Plus you've only been killing weak monsters . Killing monsters that outrank you would have better rates]

Ed didn't argue with the system . Who knew what would happen if he were to piss his system off? He also found some truth in his words . In the past, most of the tickets he got were from higher cultivation monsters . 'I'll just have to kill anything I come across' . A dangerous smile floated across Ed's face . Anyone monster who would have seen it would be crying tears of blood . Cursing its luck for meeting Ed .

"By the way, can you tell me what my M-S can do?" Ed was curious at the abilities of his M-S . All the abilities that he saw up till now were very useful . Ed was hopeful for a useful ability .

[Your right eye can create a pocket dimension . You can set conditions on the dimension created using your left eye] . After hearing the system, many theories started going through Ed's head . If what he was thinking about could be one, then he would experience a great power up .

"What kind of conditions?" Ed asked the system with hope in his voice .

[Nothing special . You can set the temperature you want, and things of the like] Ed's hopeful face was crushed in an instant . The system got his hopes up and crushed them magnificently .

[Actually, you can set the gravity however you want . You can also choose to shift the time in the special dimension] Ed didn't know if he should laugh or cry right now . The system was playing with his feelings . The system's calm sound didn't even help to make it seem like a joke . Nonetheless, Ed was thankful for what he heard . It was exactly what he wanted .

[Keep in mind that no one would be able to stay in the dimension if you are not present . The dimension would simply collapse and throw them out]

'So I can't kill people because of starvation...' Things would have too easy for Ed if such a thing was possible .

Ed asked some more questions about the pocket dimension . He found out that the maximum amount of time shift he could create was 1:2 ratio . Meaning that every hour he spends in that dimension would only be equal to half an hour in the real world . There was no limit on the gravity, but the more he increased it, the less time he could maintain the dimension .

"For now, let's break out of this floor!" Ed carefully studied the maze and could deduct the boss' room .