Chapter 159

Ed withdrew a bunch of jewelry and passed them around . The women got necklaces, earring, or rings while the men only got rings .

"These are accessories with a twist . Whenever an attack is about to hit you, you'll be protected by the QI infused in them . But, once they are used they'll need a whole day to recharge so be careful . " Ed explained to them as they were putting it on . The jewelry were ones he bought using points on the tenth floor .

All of them were eager to try out the new weapons, but Ed stopped them . "I still have some more . " They couldn't believe what he said, so they looked at Akira . The latter nodded his head, and they switched their attention back to Ed . Different kinds of clothes were withdrawn from his Inventory . Ed passed them around and everyone got theirs . "It's Legendary Armor," Ed told them while looking at them . He had excess materials, so he made armor on top of weapons . He ended up using most floor bosses, as well as all the items he got from the Gacha . He was satisfied with the end result . But, now he had no materials, so he needed to restock .

Ed looked at Ellie who was confused about whether to accept what she was given or not . Ed added oil to flames and gave her a gauntlet made from Dragon Scales . The Gauntlet reached up to her elbow . Ed knew that she used her fists, so he gave her weapons that would increase the destructiveness . He also made jewelry for his companions, but when he gave a ring to Merry .

"Edward, is this what they call a proposal?" She said with an innocent face . Ed couldn't help but cough hard . Everyone laughed at him, but he didn't pay them any attention .

"Sieg, this is for you . " He withdrew a Scepter . The Scepter was dark red in color and had an equally dark jewel on top . It was made from the wood of the trees he harvested in the tenth floor, as well as the sage tree's bark . Ed used most of the Demon blood on that jewel . "Thank you, your Excellency . " Ed was embarrassed by the names he was being called .

Ed didn't forget about himself . He upgraded his Muramasa and Ame-no-Murakumo by using some of the materials . They weren't able to upgrade to Mythical grade, but their performance was much better compared to before . Muramasa was now dark red in color with black saw like decoration on the blade . Ame-No-Murakumo remained green but had dark green saw marks on the blade . The amplification of their respective elements peaked as well .

"Hayato, I need to sleep for now, but we'll discuss everything once I wake up . " Ed let Hayato know their future steps . Akira said goodbye to Hayato and left in order to return to Ryuu kingdom . Ed made him an armor as well as thanks for helping him . Ellie and Hayato stayed in guest rooms, so they headed there while Ed got his rest . Ed's companions either roamed the castle or helped in guard duty .

Once Ed had his rest, he looked for Hayato .

"Aragon kingdom fell about one month ago . Which around the time the Ice Empress died . The new king's name is...Norris Aragon . " Ed frowned once he heard the name . Norris should have been taken care of by Emilia; him being alive meant that she wasn't able to . The fact that he is now king means that Emilia was chased away from the kingdom . The only reason Norris could do that was if he had enough support from Blood sect .

"I need a Map," Ed asked Sebas who was helping them out for a Map of the Continent . Sebas was tasked with helping Ed, Hayato, and Ellie . Ed decided to take only these people . Since this is a rescue mission, big numbers would only draw attention to them . Once Sebas brought the Map back, Ed studied it for a couple of minutes and got up .

"I'll be back tomorrow . " Ed's words confused them, but once they were outside they understood . Ed flew in the air and rushed towards the north . He was planning to fly all the way to Aragon kingdom .

Ed did the same thing as when he left the Tower of Origin . He accelerated at maximum speed in one direction . The distance from his kingdom to Aragon was about 80 . 000 km . Not much less from the distance between the tower and Avalon . At 2 . 000km/h Ed needed 40 hours to get there . But he decided to use his dimension ability in order to reduce the time to half . The dimension moved along with Ed, saving him the trouble of creating one every time he reached the borders . This also allowed him to be hidden from others, as no one could see or feel his dimension .

As time passed by, Ed could see the change in the terrain . He could also feel the temperature drop little by little . Soon enough, passed over some villages, but since he was in his dimension he couldn't see the people . He kept his journey up until he finally reached a big city . He activated Zero Sign and undid his dimension . The people were all wearing heavy clothing to protect them from the cold . All of them had red noses and cheeks but were still lively as they were used to the cold . Ed changed to his white disguise and entered a tavern . Once inside, he got to the counter and ordered some food .

"You're not from here are you?" The waitress asked Ed, which he nodded in response .

"Sightseeing?"

"You can say so . " Ed changed his voice to sound more old . The chatty waitress continued speaking until Ed heard what he wanted .

"You should be careful if you go to the capital . The Ice Witch is still there . But there are some rumors saying the king actually caught her . " Ed entered the tavern in order to gather information . At first, he was willing to buy the information, but luckily he stumbled upon this waitress who said it all .

"Thanks for the food, I'll come back some time . " Ed left her a tip and left the tavern . He was surprised to see that his disguise didn't bring him any attention . But, when he left the food untouched, people started looking at him suspiciously . But, Ed didn't care he walked out and activated his dimension while heading towards the capital .