Chapter 190

"Use two cards on function Gacha," said Ed . He was planning to heal Bard and Audun to let them power up to their original state in these two weeks . He was planning to give them some pills that could heal them, but he didn't have time . He needed them to be at their best .

[Drawing, please wait...]

Acquired Transformation card, Upgrade card .

Ed frowned as he didn't get the card that he wanted . He drew again and got one Transformation card and one Healing card . He was already halfway there, but he frowned as he didn't have many Gacha tickets . He kept hunting Blood sect posts and killed Immortal Establishment cultivators, yet all he got were eight tickets . And now, half of them had disappeared .

Ed managed to get one more Healing card and one Upgrade card after drawing two times . He had two Gacha tickets left, and he didn't want to waste them, so he shut off the Gacha .

Ed next appeared in the sect grounds . He strolled around while noticing the disciples being restless . He didn't know if they were up to date with the current state of emergency, or they were told nothing . He located Eric in a hurry and asked him about the location of the two he was looking for .

"They're in the Elders' hall discussing plans with Leonard . You can just walk inside, but I suggest you wait until they finish . They've only been there for a short amount of time, but I guess they'll finish soon . " Eric answered him while looking at the state of the sect . Ed guessed that he was also bothered by the situation, but chose to keep his emotions under control .

"Where's Griffin and Oliver?" Ed noticed that they weren't around, so he asked about them .

"They're in the hall inside training . They plan on training by day, and cultivate by night . " Eric answered him and Ed could understand that Eric would join them as soon as things calm down a little . Ed was going to assist them by refining some pills and passing them around . He had thought about making bulks of them but was always busy with sudden happenings .

Ed walked inside after a couple of minutes and waited near the hall . He only needed to wait for about twenty minutes before the Elders finished discussing things .

"Oh, Edward . What are you doing here?" Leonard noticed him first and asked him . His words attracted the attention of the other Elders and they peeked at him while walking out of the hall .

"I have some business with Bard and Audun," said Ed . He didn't say anything more, so the Elders that weren't meant to stay didn't stay . Leonard also left and only three people remained inside . Ed walked into the hall they had just left, and Bard and Audun followed after him .

"Is there something wrong, Ed?" Audun asked with a bit of worry in his voice . He was just told about the invasion coming and thought that Ed might drop another bomb on their heads . They were the least useful of the Elders currently, and knew that they couldn't help with much .

"You guys were just told about the invasion, and you are new Elders . Even if you leave now, no one will blame you . So I will ask you only once, do you want to abandon Avalon?" Ed didn't want to drag them into the fight without first knowing how they truly felt . If they told him that they didn't want to be involved, he would send them back to their normal lives without any issues .

"What are you saying, master Ed . Did we give you the impression of being petty men that would abandon a ship after boarding it?" Bard let out a couple of dry laughs while looking at Ed .

"I see . I'm the foolish one for asking you such a thing, forgive me . " Ed could see their determination shining in their eyes . He also felt like a fool for asking a question, even though he could foresee their answer .

"Sit down on those two chairs next to each other . " Ed pointed at two chairs that were being used by the Elders just now . The two of them followed his instructions and dragged the chairs from the round table they were next to . They put the chairs next to each other and sat there .

"Eat these and try to focus on your QI . " Ed passed them two small green pills and walked behind them . Both of them held the pills in their palms and shot some questioning looks towards each other .

"..." They didn't say anything, but they could understand what was going through each other's heads . A sense of anticipation surged through their bodies, causing their muscles to tighten up . Their old heart started pumping madly as if it could wait for what would happen .

They threw the pills into their mouth and sent it straight towards their stomach . Being veterans, they could tell that such a pill wouldn't heal them . They could also tell that people had secrets, and this was a way for Ed to protect his . They closed their eyes and waited . Their legs tapping on the floor as they couldn't wait any longer . It has been many years since they were injured, so they knew how to wait, but not this time .

'Use two Healing cards on them . ' Ed contacted the system through his mind as he crushed the cards . The crushed cards turned into a shining wind that surrounded the bodies of the two in front of him . The wind then gathered into one singular point in their body, right under their navel .

A couple of seconds went by without anything happening . Right as the two of them tried to open their eyes, a surge of QI filled their bodies with strength . The QI couldn't be contained by their body and started to come out of their pores . Their QI explosion could be felt from the sect, all the way to the castle . The Elders and Leonard, who were outside, felt this and returned back to the hall . They saw two figures that had aged back a dozen or so years, holding Ed's hands while sobbing .

"Congratulations on being healed," said Ed . Leonard and the Elders understood what had happened and clapped in celebration .

Ed left the room to allow the Bard and Audun to catch up with their QI . He went back to his room and started preparing .