Chapter 65

"The first item we have is a favorite of the restaurants, it's the cockatrice!" The very first item that was brought out was the reason Ed came to this auction . 'Well, this is sudden...' If anyone could see under Ed's mask they would see a wry smile .

"The cockatrice is a King Establishment monster, however hunting it is very difficult . It lives in packs and can petrify you if you're not careful . Its meat is regarded as a delicacy by all food lovers . " The host was explaining everything about the cockatrice . 'I hope not all items go through the same procedure . ' Ed thought .

"The starting price is 2000 gold coins, you can start bidding now!" Many people started bidding frantically to get the monster, however, Ed remained calm . There was no way an item almost specific to the auction, would be the only one . There was bound to be more cockatrice bodies that would be sold separately .

"The first cockatrice body has been sold for 5000 gold coins!" Indeed the host confirmed Ed's theory right now . More and more bodies were brought out . Ed theorized there would be at least a dozen of them . The ones after the first were only sold for 3000 gold coins . It was still quite high for a King Establishment monster .

Ed finally started to bid on the 6th cockatrice that was brought out . There was another man who kept challenging him for it, but Ed finally shut him off after doubling the price . He got the body for 4000 gold coins . It was more than some others, but Ed was satisfied after beating the other man . There were ten cockatrice bodies in total that were sold . Ed wondered how the shop he ate at had gotten the cockatrice if only ten would be sold every time . 'I guess some people resell them at a higher price . '

"Now for the next item!" The host moved on and brought out one monster after the other . Soon enough, Ed's monsters started appearing . Apparently, they were showing them according to their cultivation level . The first monster was sold for 6000 gold coins . 'Quite high' . The price was more than what he got from the guild . 'As expected from an auction' Ed thought .

Soon enough, all of the monsters he got were sold . The highest leveled monster was sold for 20 . 000 gold coins . This alone covered the expenses of Ed and more . In total, Ed made 115 . 000 gold coins . He was very satisfied with this result . Ed could now simply walk out and he would have finished his business in the auction, but he decided to continue participating . There might be an item that would benefit him greatly .

More and more monsters were brought out . Heavenly establishment monsters were sold for up to 100 . 000 gold coins . It was obvious that the stronger the cultivator, the stronger the monsters he could hunt, so strength really did rule . Even in making money .

"Now everyone may I have your attention . Today we have a special item . It's the body of a transcendent Establishment monster . These types of carcasses don't appear so easily, it took almost 50 men to bring it down . " Behind the host, some helpers brought out the body .

It looked as if it was at least 30 meters long . It was a snake that had some wings on it . 'Could it be a Quetzalcoatl?!' Ed was surprised by the monster . It appeared in legends back in Earth but he never expected to see it directly . 'As expected from a cultivation world!' Even Ed was excited at this .

"The starting price is 500 . 000 gold coins!" The price was high but not too high . However, Ed expected that it would probably go for more than 1 million, and it did . It was now 1 . 5 million and still increasing . This was the result of two old men who seemed like they were royalty of some sorts . In the end, the oldest looking one bought it at 2 . 5 million gold coins . Such a price was beyond anyone's imagination . 'I wonder how he'll pay for it' Ed thought .

"Now let move to the second phase!" The host didn't seem to delay anything and moved on after finishing with the transcendent monster . "First off we have an assortment of precious metals . From Mythril to Adamantite . These metals will not be sold separately and the price starts at 20 . 000 gold coins . " The metals shown were all eye-catching .

'System, shouldn't they be worth more since they're so precious?' Ed found it weird that all these metals would be sold together at such a low price . Making weapons from these metals would definitely produce rare weapons, so the price should also be high .

[Most of the people in the auction are royalty or cultivators . They already have their own weapons . Plus it would be wasteful to buy the metals since they would still have to forge them, so the price of the Blacksmith would have to be added . ]

'I see' Ed took this chance to buy the metals . He was planning to craft some weapons for his monsters, and now he found the materials .

The system was right . Almost no one had bid for the metals . Even when people did, they quickly gave up when they saw Ed pushing, so he got it for 35 . 000 gold coins .

"Now we'll move for the weapons!" Weapons of all sorts were brought up . Axes, spears, sword...Even bows were brought up . Ed didn't care about these weapons . He scanned them and found that most of them were of rare quality, with the exception of an Epic quality sword . The weapons were sold one by one, and when it was the sword's turn, Ed noticed that Norris finally bid on something . 'I see, so he came for a new weapon . ' Ed guessed it was probably for the upcoming tournament .

'Let's mess with him' Ed also bid for the weapon . He didn't want it or need it, but he simply wanted to bug the obnoxious Norris . He even went as far as to activate the Sharingan, so he could have a good look at him . This way he could notice even the slightest chance in his QI, making him able to predict when he would stop bidding . In the end, Norris bought the sword for 75 . 000 gold coins, when its price should not have exceeded 30 . 000 . He looked like he held a grudge now against Ed's disguise .

"Now then everyone, the first day of the auction is done . We ask for you to join us tomorrow as we have even more exciting items!" And so, the first day of the auction had finished .