Chapter 149

Ed spent two days flying at his maximum speed in order to reach Avalon kingdom . He had to use so many potions to keep flying . He didn't rest or sleep, all he could think about was his close ones . The distance from the Tower of Origin to Avalon kingdom was almost 100 . 000 kilometers . Ed needed to fly at a speed of more than 2 . 000km/h . The ship Ed rode on last time needed three days to go from Port city to the Central Continent . Ed could not have finished this trip if not for his system using up potions when Ed's Mp hit less than 10 .

"Don't speak . " Ed noticed that Becky's life was still hanging on by a thread . Her eyes opened wide as she recognized him . A card appeared in his hand, but no one could see it other than him . Suika appeared, and Ed spoke to her .

"I don't have any Healing cards left, so please heal her . Also, explain the situation to her . " After speaking to Suika, she transformed into her human form . Suika did something and an angel with four pairs of wings appeared . Each pair had one bat like black wing while the other was white and feathery .

"Demonic Angel suu" Suika spoke and the figure finished materializing . This was Suika's Hatsu, that she managed to develop during their stay in the second tower . It incorporated Conjuration Nen to make the figure appear, while its abilities belonged to the Specialization category .

Ed now had many cards in his hands and crushed them all at once . His companions' figures appeared next to him, and Raikou emerged from his shadow .

"Protect the country, I need to save Bella!" Immediately after Ed finished speaking, all of them disappeared . Only Suika remained and started healing Becky . The parts that were blown away by the man were being healed at a visible rate . It seemed like she was canceling the damage that happened .

Ed disappeared from his spot after taking one glance at his Map . He could see a red dot quickly making its way out of the area . Ed teleported to the outside of the walls, where he dropped a sigil before entering . Luckily, it was in the direction where the man was escaping . He was heading north-west . Although Ed was exhausted from his journey, he chugged down another potion and accelerated towards the man . Some monsters and Blood sect members noticed him, knowing that he was not an ally, they tried to attack him . Yet, before they could realize it, their heads fell down as soon as Shusui appeared in Ed's hand .

Ed was solely focused on his Map but still managed to kill whoever stood in front of him . His speed was greater than the man's, who seemed to be slower due to taking Bella with him . After almost five minutes of pursuit, Ed was less than a thousand meters from the man . He activated Zero Sign, which was barely out of cooldown due to him using it before entering the kingdom . Ed accelerated further, allowing him to overcome the man, and stand in front of him . As he undid his skill, the man could feel his presence and was startled . He stopped in a sudden way, causing Bella who had fainted to wake up .

"Brothe-" Her hope, as she looked at Ed's figure, was short lived . The man squeezed her neck hard, causing her to instinctively stop speaking and reach out for his hand . Her eyes, full of tears, settled on Ed's figure . She was not sure if it was actually him, or her mind giving her false hope .

"Release her . " Ed's words were calm, yet full of anger . He could barely hold himself from rushing at the man . If Zero Sign didn't lot its effective time, he would have stayed in a hidden form to kill him .

"You forgot to add 'Or I will kill you' . You don't think I will really release her you stupid brat . " The man standing in front of Ed looked like he was in his late forties . He seemed to be a noble as he was well-fed, an obvious thing looking at his bulging stomach . His mustache and beard were also well kept . It indicated that he was luxurious enough to take care of them every day .

"Release her . " Ed didn't mind what the man said and persisted at ordering him . The man frowned and looked at Ed .

"Didn't you hear me? Or would rather I snap her neck . " His fists tightened on her neck, causing Bella to shriek in pain . Ed's eyes narrowed and he continued speaking .

"You can try that, and your neck will never know the warmth of your head after that . " Ed's killing intent seeped out slowly .

"You sure can talk the talk . I'd like to see how a brat like you can kill when I'm at Heavenly Establishment level 10 . It'll take me less than a fraction of a second to kill both of you . " Proud of his strength, he boasted to Ed and Bella before continuing to speak .

"But I won't do that . I will make both of you suffer for what you did to my son! I thought you died Edward Avalon, so I targeted your sister! It was the best opportunity since Arthur is gone! But now I'll torture you both . I'll even mess your sister up before your eyes, while you helplessly cry!" A twisted, sadistic smile formed on the man's mouth . Ed frowned as he tried to understand the connection of this man to him .

'He's heading west and his son...I see . ' Figuring out the deal with this man, he looked at him with a triumphant smile .

"You're the father of the incompetent lieutenant I killed . " Before leaving Scale kingdom, Ed killed a high ranking military member . It was due to him ordering the army not to protect the slums, causing in an indirect way to kill Eri and the children .

"How did you know it was me?" Ed killed the man's son while in disguise . If it's something in his disguise that leads to his identity being discovered, he wanted to know .

"Now you're curious? Well, let me humor you since you're going to die . The whole army was speaking about your display of powers in a berserk state on the day of the attack . You were also present when the king, oh my mistake former king, asked for who ordered the army . I had some people 'nicely' ask the residents of the slums and figured out that you were very close to some slum rats! Too bad they all died or I would have killed them myself!" The man's words made Ed's blood boil, but he still controlled his emotions . Bella's life was more important right now .

"But thanks to my luck, you're still alive, so are your weak family members . I already killed some of those useless workers . Especially the last one that threw herself at me in order to save this one . " He lifted Bella who was still caught in his hand . His words made Ed's blood go out of control . He knew the names of every person in the castle . Although he wasn't with them for a long time, he had the previous prince's memories . Everyone called him a failure prince . But those in the castle treated him kindly as if he was part of their families . Ed could tell from the small amount of time he spent with them that it wasn't because they worked for his father . It was genuine love .

"They were never useless . Each of their lives is worth more than a thousand of yours . Which is sad because I can't kill you a thousand times . And if you think my family is weak, then you don't know about our secret power . " Ed's last words caused the man's eyes to narrow, clearly indicating that he was thinking 'What secret power' . However, Ed didn't give him the luxury of thinking . He looked into Bella's eyes which indicated that she understood what he meant .

"Repent on your actions in the afterlife . " The man raised his eyes in wariness, but what hit him was an invisible attack . Ed used Conqueror's Haki, which caused the man's consciousness to shake . Bella felt his hand slightly lose its grip . She activated Ren at her maximum power, which allowed her to break free . Fat, red finger marks remained on her neck . Ed saw this and teleported twice . Once to catch Bella, and the other to back away before the man could have a hold of her .

"You brat!" The man's consciousness solidified and rushed at him . Ed stood still, with his Shusui's tip pointing at the man, while Bella hid behind him .