Chapter 152

"First of all, you . " Ed pointed at the man using Leonard's swords . "Those swords are crying for being carried by you . Unhand them . " Being their creator, Ed could somehow feel his weapons' thoughts . It was similar to how he could feel Shusui's bloodlust . Although his other two weapons didn't exhibit such effects .

"You have to be kidding me! These weapons are the best I've ever used . I've never seen ones come close to their quality, except in the sect masters' hands!" The man laughed maniacally while gripping the swords hard .

"That wasn't a proposal . " Ed released his killing intent, directing it at the man . Both of them, even though the second man wasn't targeted, got tense . They instinctively attacked Ed, who in return disappeared from in front of them .

"You'll need to wait for a little . " Ed appeared behind the second man, knocking him down . Even though he could fly, it didn't help him much . Ed hit him with an immense force, so much that he felt like he hit the ground instantly .

"You bastard!" Ed's remaining opponent slashed at him . He was surprised to see Ed turn into a mist that disappeared upon being touched . Suddenly, multiple Eds surrounded the man . The man could tell that they were the same person, yet different . He couldn't see their faces even though he was looking at them . He slashed one of them, but the other one slashed at him . He had to repeat the same thing many times but soon felt like he was going crazy . The version of Ed started to laugh in a frightening way . The man acted like a madman before, but even he was getting scared due to this .

"Aaaaaaagh!" After a while, the man screamed and let out a Qi wave from his body . The version of Ed disappeared and only one remained . The one in front of him had his facial features, which relieved the man .

"You bastard what did you do to me?! And what's with those eyes?!!" The man questioned Ed after looking at his red eyes . Ed put the man under Genjutsu before he could even tell that Ed activated his Mangekyo Sharingan . On top of that, the man fought inside the Genjutsu for so long, but not even a second passed in real life . Not even the man who was sent spiraling down made it back to them yet .

"You sure like to speak a lot, don't you?" Ed provoked the man . The latter was incensed by rage and approached him in high speed .

"I won't allow you to swing Leonard's swords anymore . " Suddenly, time seemed as if it slowed down . Ed activated his Shunpo, Spectral Shadow Steps, and Nen combo at full force . The man in front was as good as a statue . Shusui slashed in an arc, and a moment later, Ed was behind the man .

"Aaargh!!!" The man felt a sharp pain assault his hand . When he tried to clutch it, he was surprised to see that nothing was there . "YOU BASTARD!" The man shouted in a mix of anger and pain . His bleeding slowing down at a visible rate . His recovery was remarkable, but there was no way he could regenerate a whole limb .

"Is this your revenge on me for taking the hands of your precious general?!" The man looked at Ed while laughing . He retook a stance, apparently trying to continue fighting Ed .

"So that's what you did to Leonard? I simply cut the hand of a thief . If I had known what you did I would have made you suffer by cutting your limbs off hundreds of times under a Genjutsu . Or I should catch you and ask Suika to keep regenerating them every time?" Ed considered doing it . But he thought how Suika's power was far too precious to be used on a useless man such as him .

The man was even angrier now that Ed was acting so high and mighty . Once more, he rushed at Ed to attack him . Ed did the same thing as before, but the man managed to dodge to the back since he predicted Ed's moves .

"I won't fall for the same trick twice!" The man swung at Ed while he was behind him . He managed to hit Ed's torso, cutting him in half . A smile crept on his face, but a sudden voice snapped him out of it .

"I don't use the same trick twice . Unfortunately, I let you swing the sword once . " Ed appeared out of thin air behind the man . He used an afterimage technique by projecting his KI and making a copy of himself . He then used Zero Sign, which had recovered some use time, and appeared behind the man . Once again, the man's hand was cut off, and Ed retrieved both of the Greatswords he made for Leonard .

"Give them back!" The man was not talking about the swords, but his hands . Ed looked at him and snickered .

"I already burned the first one . Like this, look . " The man's hand that was hovering above Ed's hand burst into flames . Not a single cell was spared, as it disappeared not even leaving ash behind . The man lost all his rationality and rushed at Ed again . His left leg and then right leg were cut off and burned . The man was now a flying torso with a head stuck to it . In fact, he was slowly falling to the ground due to his injuries .

"You don't want to save your friend?" Ed spoke to no one . The man who he sent flying still had not joined in the battle to save the man Ed was fighting . He was watching Ed closely, hoping to be able to do something against him when they fought .

"Ho? No one should be able to sense me in this state . " Air rippled and a woman's figure started appearing . She was about 1 . 65 meters tall with a perfect figure . She was wearing heavy makeup . Her face did not have the same luck as her figure .

"This man can hardly be called a friend . He's simply a killer that joined us . " The woman looked at the man, and three swords appeared behind him . Two of them stabbed him, while the last one decapitated him . The woman looked at Ed as if waiting for him to act but was relieved that he didn't move . However, Ed didn't satisfy her relief .

"You can't-fool me," Ed spoke and sent a flying slash, imbued with Fire magic, towards an empty spot in the air . "Gyaaaaa!!!" A scream sounded and the man from before appeared . "You also shouldn't underestimate me . If I can tell your position, I can obviously tell his . " Ed spoke while looking at the woman, who now had a worried expression . The man's scream died down along with his life .

"You're the one that helped the noble enter the kingdom right . That's one mistake you'll regret ever making . " Ed knew that the noble he killed couldn't have infiltrated the kingdom on his own . After seeing this woman's ability, he knew it was her . He rushed at her, aiming to kill her .