Chapter 53

"Each one of you will be given 500 gold by the academy . And since you defeated a C class team, you'll have access that C class students have in the library that will open up tomorrow . " Harry gave them a simple overview of the rewards they had gotten from their win . They also understood that the library would have levels that each class can have access to . Ed decided this would be a good chance to increase his knowledge of the world .

"That'll be all for today . We'll meet tomorrow . " Harry told them as he was leaving the room . Ed and his friends also exited and headed to the infirmary . Although Ed's pills did most of the work, they still wanted for Hayato and Ellie to check in and have their injuries examined . It took them about an hour and all five headed to the restaurant .

"Over here, Ed!" Ed turned his head around to check who was calling for him . Although it was obvious since no one was acquainted with him except for a few people and most of them were next to him .

"Let's eat together" Leon was sitting next to one of his teammates while waiting for his food .

"Sure" Ed had no reason to refuse . The same was for his teammates . Everyone introduced themselves while waiting for the food . "My name is Liza, nice to meet you" Leon's teammate introduced herself and they started having some small talk .

"Are your injuries alright Leon?" Ed had to ask about Leon's condition since he was the one who did the damage .

"Of course! That's nothing" Leon seemed healthy as if nothing had happened to him . "By the way, won't you train with me sometime? I feel like I'll improve a lot by fighting you regularly" Leon's eyes looked as if they were shining . Ed had a bad feeling as if accepting would result in a long time of hardships .

"Maybe someday hahaha" Ed could only shrug him off while promising him .

"Don't forget you'll still have to fight me" Ellie interjected at that moment and reminded Ed that she wanted to fight him at his best .

"Ahahahaha" Ed couldn't help but let out a weird laugh . Everyone wanted to fight him after this morning .

The lunch finished and everyone headed out to their rooms since they had no classes today . Ed immediately ate again with Raikou and headed inside his training room . He summoned his three monsters and trained them again for a while with swords . They lasted a lot longer and were stronger as well . It seemed like their ability to improve was great since they had evolved .

Ed was fighting while using his Sharingan this time . He hadn't used this skill in while since it put quite a burden on his body and the enemies weren't strong enough to need it . He wanted to see how long he can last while using his skills without holding back . The three monsters couldn't handle him in that state so he recalled them and summoned Suika . Raikou and Suika both started fighting Ed at his request . In his state, Ed could handle both of them for about one hour fighting at his best before he lost all his KI .

'Seems like I'm going to have to make some hunting trips soon' Ed hadn't hunted since coming to the academy . Unlike other students, he didn't cultivate so unless he killed monsters, he wasn't going to get stronger .

Ed had spent a couple of hours training with his monsters and recovering his KI . Afterward, he headed out to get something to eat after taking a bath . He left Raikou behind and headed out with Suika .

The dinner had no issues as he ate with the same people that he had lunch with this morning .

"By the way Ed, why did you hide your powers in the tests?" Hayato asked Ed as if wanting to confirm something .

"Eh, how did you know? Did Leon tell you?" Ed was a bit surprised since Hayato never asked such questions .

"No, I saw your fight earlier in the monitor room . You can check it out later if you want" Hayato told Ed some information he didn't know about .

"No need . Well, there isn't a reason, besides almost everyone didn't use their full power . Including you guys . I just used less than most people" Ed shot some questioning eyes at Hayato, Emilia, and Leon . They turned their heads away as if avoiding his questions . Ellie was busy playing with Suika so she didn't care about them . At first, Suika didn't want to play with her since she remembered that she attacked Ed . However, Ed told her it was just a misunderstanding and she warmed up to her after a while .

After eating; Ed returned to his room and got some food for Raikou . After eating and doing some maintenance on his swords, Ed went to sleep .

In the morning, Ed headed out to class with Suika and hoped there would be no mock-battle today . Fortunately, he found out that mock-battles happen once a week with random classes . Ed finished his classes and headed to the library that he was told about .

There he found out that most of the books that were there were about monsters and their abilities . However C class could only check up to Earth Establishment monsters . To be able to read about stronger monsters, Ed would have to get B or A class's rights to the library .

'I guess this is what I get for laying low' Ed smiled wryly since now he had no choice but to challenge and beat A class with his teammates .

After studying for a couple of hours, Ed left the library and ate at the restaurant again . He returned to his room and trained with his monsters again . He repeated this process until it was the last two days of the week . He now had no classes and could get go hunt freely . Ed decided to get back to the capital to check up on some stuff, and then he would hunt monsters for the remaining time before the week starts again .