Chapter 55

When Ed reached the group of monsters' location, he found a bunch of black ants . He had read about these ants in the library . They were separated into worker ants, soldier ants, and the queen ant . Most worker ants had Knight Establishment while soldiers were all King establishment . The queen was troublesome as she would even be Earth establishment level 5 . If Ed were to fight these monsters he would have to kill them as fast as possible so he wouldn't get ganged up by them .

The monsters were near their nest so he was sure that they would respond in case they were attacked . Ed decided to kill the ones he could see from a distance first . Thanks to his KI control and his great reserve of KI, Ed conjured up 20 fire arrows and sent them all flying towards the ants . There were 10 ants, and they were all worker ants . Two arrows each were more than enough to kill them instantly . Ed had barely gotten 3000 exp from these worker ants .

As soon as the ants died, even more, got out from the nest to see what had happened only to find fire arrows being sent at them . Soon, Ed had killed more than 100 worker ants the same way . His KI wasn't going to last forever so midway he asked Raikou to switch with him .

After so many ants had died, soldier ants finally came out . The difference between the former and the latter was beyond words . The soldier ants' shell was hard and couldn't be hurt by the fire arrows . Ed noticed this and finally decided to come out and fight them directly .

"Raikou I have some stuff I want to test . Stay here with Suika" Ed left and withdrew two of his swords . Ame-No-Murakumo and Shusui . He used Wind Blade on both swords and started fighting the soldier ants one by one . Ame-No-Murakumo had the wind attribute so it further enhanced the wind blade, while Shusui enhanced all skills it was used with .

"Seventy-two-pound cannon!" Ed didn't hold anything back and attacked the first ant from a distance . The wind kept injuring the ant until its shell couldn't hold anymore and was destroyed . After killing the first ant, he moved to kill the other ones .

As soon as he finished one, another would come out of the nest . Ed was now surrounded by ants so he activated his Seikūken . His swords looked as if they were flowing around and with each swing of his swords; a leg would fall off an ant if not a head . Soon enough he had killed about twenty soldier ants and none came out .

The nest seemed to be a small size one as it didn't have a lot of monsters . Ed activated his Map and noticed that a red dot was coming towards him from a small distance to the left . He guessed it was the queen ant and decided to get serious .

"Raikou, Suika! It's time to hunt!" Fighting the queen ant alone would be suicide for Ed currently so he had no choice but to use his companions' help .

The two of them came forward to Ed's side and started getting ready . The queen ant finally appeared and Ed scanned it immediately . It was at Earth Establishment level 3 . Ed sighed in relief since he could hunt such a monster with his companions .

Immediately after it appeared, Raikou used his fire magic on it . It was surrounded by fire but seemed like it wasn't harmed at all . Its shell was even tougher than the soldiers . Its size was also bigger, standing even taller than the bear Ed fought last time .

After noticing this, Ed and Raikou moved to opposite spots and started attacking it . In this case, it would have to focus on one opponent while the other does damage to it . However, they didn't expect that the queen would just use earth magic and blow both of them away . Ed and Raikou jumped backward in the air and restored their balance .

"Suika!" Ed was worried about Suika so he looked for her, only to find her above the queen's head .

"Suu!!" Suika used her poison right above the queen's eyes, which led her to let out a scream like a beast's .

"Good job Suika!" Blinding the queen was more than enough to kill it . Suika had helped them immensely this time . However, their opponent was still at a higher level than them . It went berserk after losing its eyesight and randomly used earth magic making unpredictable . Raikou used his lightning magic multiple times on the same spot, making the shell break down bit by bit .

Ed also used a miniature version of the destructo disk on his swords . They had a saw like an effect making them sharper than he could have imagined . The shell felt as if it was a piece of paper after this and Ed could slice it easily . He cut one of the queen's legs every time he swung his swords .

"It's time to end this!" Ed withdrew his Muramasa and used the Three-sword style . "Oni Giri!" Ed crossed his two swords across his chest and placed the blade in his mouth horizontally behind them . He approached the queen in a speed so fast it couldn't even react to him until after it was slashed . Two diagonal and a horizontal deep slash could be seen on the body of the queen . It dies instantly after this attack and Ed heard some notifications .

*Ding*

Obtained 3000 exp .

Acquired Gacha ticket .

"Huh? System didn't the wyvern from before give me more exp . This queen has a higher level than him" Ed questioned the exp he had gotten . He noticed it first when he was killing the soldier ants .

[The wyverns are naturally at a higher rarity than these ants . Obviously, the exp you get from killing them would be higher . Plus these ants are colony ants and they would always be in a group so you could also get more exp that way] . 'That's true I got more exp than I thought in total' Hearing the system's explanation Ed couldn't help but nod his head in approval .

"Suika, I'm going to be training the other monsters so I'll recall you for now" Ed's second objective in this hunt was to give his new monsters some battle experience . He summoned all three of them and checked his Map to choose his next target .