Chapter 107

The 'Black Warrior' seemed undisturbed by Ed's provocation . It was taking things at its own pace . Suddenly, its neck moved to the left side . 'What will it do ...' Ed was intrigued by the turtle's actions . Water was forming inside its mouth, and as it released it as it moved its head to the right side . Unlike the first attack, this one wasn't as big . Instead, it was more concentrated . The water pressure was enough to cut down the trees of the island .

"First experiment: Dodging" . Instead of jumping up or trying to block the attack, Ed simply teleported to the front . Ed got the idea for this from the term Invincibility frames . Or better known as iframes, from certain games . When dodging, the player gets some frames where he wouldn't take any damage . Ed incorporated this in his own way . He used Space magic to teleport to an area where the attack already passed . Making him able to completely dodge the incoming attack with minimal effort .

Another reason why Ed decided to do this was because Space magic was taking too long to level up . He planned to use it as often as possible in order to have it advance to the next level . The turtle continued its assault on Ed . It kept using different kinds of Water magic to corner him . As expected, even Ed had his limit to what he could dodge . At one point Ed found himself surrounded by water balls . As teleported away, he noticed that the turtle was gone .

Ed instinctively looked up, only to see a gigantic figure dropping down on him . "It can jump!" Ed had never heard of a turtle that could jump . He knew some species, like the snapping turtle, could leap forward . But never had he seen one that could jump dozens of meters in the air . It was already too late for late for Ed to dodge at this point, so he braced himself . Ed gripped his Shusui with both hands and swung with all of his strength .

"Ooooahhh!" Shusui and the turtle's belly shell produced some screeching sounds . A second later, Ed used Ren to increase his strength and was able to throw away the turtle that weighed a couple of tons . "Haa Haa..." Ed was feeling a little out of breath . The force behind the turtle as it was falling down was not something one could handle easily . The turtle got up looking as if nothing had happened to it . "Hahahahaha as expected from a Legendary . Quite fun!" Ed was enjoying himself greatly . Few of his fights gave him such satisfaction . He could use his skills and the turtle wouldn't die as quickly .

As time went by, the two of had many exchanges . Yet, every time would end up in the same way; no one would get the advantage . Ed aimed many times at its neck, but to no avail . It could retract it at a speed faster than his eye could follow . Ed was also surprised by its speed . He thought it would be unable to move quickly with its big body . But, he was stunned after seeing it able to react to his movements . 'Things will go nowhere if we continue like this' Ed thought to himself .

In an instant, the 'Black Warrior' made a sudden move . It retracted all of its limbs and neck and started rotating . Ed had no idea how it was able to do so with its limbs inside of its shell . But he didn't have the time to discuss the physics behind it . 'What is this, Beyblade?' He could only retort at the ridiculous sight . Ed felt something bad approaching, so he immediately warned his friends . "Jump!" All of them jumped at once, and a 'laser' that was released from the turtle cut everything in its way .

"Not good..." while falling back down, Ed could see that the water laser wasn't stopping . "Raikou, take care of them!" Ed spoke to his companions . He didn't want to recall them as he wanted them to get battle experience by watching his fights . Ed was able to fly, so he could get out of the range of the laser . However, it seemed that the turtle noticed this, so it started 'shaking' . Now the compressed water was attacking in almost all directions .

Raikou and the others were far enough, so they didn't get attacked by it . But Ed who was so close had a hard time to figure out the attack patterns . He activated his Sharingan and his Ryūsui Seikūken . He also closed his eyes, seemingly focusing on something . When he opened them, he seemed to have no doubts while moving, and was able to dodge the random attacks of the turtle . He was using hi Observation Haki . Usually, random attacks would be able to bypass Observation Haki . But thanks to Ed using his Sharingan and Ryūsui Seikūken on top of it, he was able to overcome such a weakness .

After a couple of minutes, the turtle seemed to be running out of QI and stopped . Ed had a couple of minor injuries on him, as the water grazed him sometimes . For the first time, the turtle seemed unhappy with Ed . It looked at him with anger in its eyes . No one has been able to survive against it when their cultivation was lower . All the people capable of killing the Legendary monsters of the tower had a cultivation of Heavenly Establishment or higher . These people were hired specifically for such a task . Since lower cultivation people were unable to bear these monsters . But Ed already defeated one and was about to finish off the second .

"Now then, experiment number 2" . Ed gripped Shusui and rotated it in his hand, making its blade fully visible from one side . A black hue surrounded his blade, making blacker than before . Ed ran towards the turtle with Shusui outstretched in his right arm . Right before the turtle could attack him as he was in front of it, Ed teleported to the side . "Daishinkan (Great Dragon Movement)!" Ed executed a two-handed overhead strike . A shockwave clashed with the shell of the turtle and pushed it away . In the end, Ed managed the break the shell injuring the turtle for the first time .

"Not enough..." Ed managed the master the basics of both Observation and Armament Haki in this last month . However, both of them were lacking, as Ed could only manage to injure the turtle after using Armament Haki to enhance his sword . "Let's move on to the third experiment . " After speaking, something similar to a ribcage surrounded Ed .