Chapter 126

Ed was still a couple of kilometers away from the 'pyramid' but he could see it very clearly . The gargantuan figure was moving up and down . The more Ed looked at it the more he doubted his eyes . What he was looking at was only the front view . Behind the pyramid shape was an impressive extension that continued on for hundreds and hundreds of meters . The creature that was in front of Ed was a massive serpent that coiled upon itself . Many layers of its body were put on each other, giving it a look of a pyramid .

One might mistake it as such from a distance due to lack of visibility in the desert . But when you are close enough, you wouldn't make any mistake in identifying it . Ed was curious at the cultivation of the serpent, so he scanned it .

*Ding*

Name: Great serpent Mehen .

Cultivation: Heavenly Establishment level 5 .

'It's a named monster...' Ed noticed a difference instantly . Monsters that he scanned would usually have their race as their name . He didn't get the chance to scan a tamer's monster so he couldn't exactly draw a conclusion here . The serpent Mehen seemed to be sleeping, in the open . As if he didn't have a single care in the world . 'Doesn't he know he's the floor boss?' Ed laughed while thinking as such . Ed didn't know that Mehen was the floor boss, but if he wasn't who would? A named Legendary monster that wasn't a floor boss would simply mean that the floor boss wouldn't be beaten by Ed .

Similarly, Ed didn't know that Mehen was a Legendary monster . But again, if he wasn't who would? After gathering enough information about the monster and the surrounding area, Ed left a marked rock a couple of kilometers away and teleported towards his companions . "Long-range teleportation Banzai!" Ed shouted while teleporting . In a second, he appeared hundreds of kilometers away from his original position .

The first one he teleported towards was Raikou . "I've found the boss," he swiftly relayed the information to him . He noticed a couple of lizard-like dead bodies near Raikou's feet, but he didn't take note of it . Ed could teleport other people with him if he wanted . Both of them appeared in front of Sieg and let him know . Although Ed made many marked items, he could still know which one he was teleporting towards . It was a relief since he wouldn't be randomly popping up in front of people .

In less than five minutes, all of them were gathered in one place . Ed told everyone that he found the floor boss Mehen . However, he 'forgot' to mention his size . He only told them that Mehen was a great serpent . Although it was a bad idea not to do so since Ed and the others could come up with a plan . Ed still chose to do this to surprise them . In a heartbeat, they were all gone from that place .

"The boss is near that pyramid . " They were close enough to make out the difference . But, Ed told them in order to make them believe the mirage they were seeing . No one would think about a giant serpent existing and sleeping in such a way .

"It's a Giant Suu!" a childlike voice sounded near Ed . Suika, who had leveled up to Heavenly Establishment, was now able to speak as well . She still had the habit of saying 'Suu' however . Ed didn't know how she was able to do so since she didn't have any vocal cords . But, he blamed it on magic and moved on .

Gobuta and the others never spoke in front of Ed, but he could guess that they could . He never asked them a question that required a vocal answer either .

"It's really a giant," Sieg exclaimed as well . Ed was bothered by their reaction so he turned back to look at the serpent . This time he was more surprised than earlier . The serpent that should have been sleeping was now standing up . Mehen used his tail and belly to support himself and seemed to be looking directly towards Ed .

Suddenly he crouched back down and slithered towards them . The gigantic body that should be slow, moved in a speed rivaling that of Ed's . in a couple of minutes Mehen was standing in front of Ed .

"Little human, why did you disturb my sleep," Mehen spoke in a low hissing voice . His tongue extending every time he finished a word . Ed was surprised by both his question and his size when looking directly at him . Mehen's shadow covered them, making it look as if they were behind a building .

"What do you mean bother you, I just came here," Ed answered Mehen .

"Aren't you the one who screamed earlier, saying 'Long range teleport Banzai!' or something like that?" Ed could only think of one thing . 'He heard me! And what do you mean by 'or something like that' you heard everything perfectly!' Ed retorted while exclaiming in his mind .

"Oh, that . I didn't think you would hear me . I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep!" Ed gave a bow while apologizing seriously .

"Okay, I forgive you . "

'So easily?!' Everyone thought at the same time . They were surprised earlier when they saw Mehen coming with such speed and ferocity, and thought he was coming to kill someone . Yet, he accepted the apology like nothing .

'I guess it's just interrupting sleep nothing too serious . ' Ed thought while smiling .

"You're here to defeat me right? Want to start now?" Mehen's carefree attitude shocked everyone once more . He was talking about a life and death fight as if it was an elementary school brawl .

"Hahahaha, you're an interesting person-eh serpent!" Ed found Mehen to be hilarious . He thought about something and suggested it .

"Would you like to come with me, and break out of this tower?" Ed gave Mehen the same suggestion as he did with Sieg . Mehen was interesting and would certainly be powerful . No reason not to ask .

"You can't claim such a thing and not follow through with it . " Mehen didn't seem to agree or disagree by the sound of his tone .

"Sieg here can confirm it . " Mehen looked towards Sieg who gave a confirming nod .

"I see . But unfortunately, I will remain here . "