Chapter 64

Ed woke up in the morning and immediately headed out to leave the academy . He had gathered enough information on the auction . The auction lasts for one day and a half, so Ed had the morning for himself, but didn't want to waste it . He left the academy and met up with Eri and the children . He had told them that he would be busy and only have time this morning .

They all had breakfast together and played . Eri told him that they still visit the people of the slums who helped them, as well as some acquaintances . "Just be careful . " Ed didn't want to stop them or limit their freedom . If they were careful enough, nothing should happen . They spend enough time together and Ed finally left after giving them more money . They still had enough left from before but he still insisted on it .

Ed left the capital . When he was far enough, he changed to his disguise . This time it was the white version . He then got back and headed to the main guild . The auction happens only in the capital, and since it isn't regular, it doesn't have a hall on its own . So, the guild switches its job when its auction time .

Anyone has the right to participate in the auction . When someone enters the auction they are given a ticket and a bidding stick . The ticket serves as their identification, so even people who want to disguise themselves, like Ed, can participate without any issues . When someone makes a bid, they need to use special hand signs to shows how much the increase will be . Ed learned by heart before joining . It was simply some signs they make with their fingers .

In case someone wins an item, they can choose to take it away immediately or wait to bid for more items . If someone doesn't have the money on them, they a have week to prepare it . If they don't, they are turned into slaves for the auction . Ed knew about slavery in this world but was still annoyed by it . If someone wanted to auction their own items, they would have to do it before the auction begins so they can be appraised . Other than this, there was nothing worth mentioning about the auction .

Ed entered the auction and a receptionist welcomed him . There were over one hundred receptionists prepared by the guild to host this auction . It showed the sheer number of people who participate in this event .

"Hello, sir . Will you be participating in the auction or bidding?" The receptionist spoke professionally .

"I'll be doing both . "

"In that case please follow me, sir . " The receptionist turned around and went inside a room . Ed guessed the items would be appraised in this place .

"What will you be auctioning sir?" This time another person spoke, seemingly the appraiser .

"Some potions and monster carcasses . "

"In that case please show me so I can appraise them . " The appraiser waved with his hand, indicating that Ed can simply put the items on the floor . The room was big enough so there weren't any issues . This was the main guild of the country, so it was prepared with rooms for appraisal .

"Stand back," Ed told them while he started withdrawing the monster bodies . There were ant queens, leopards, mammoths, lizard and many monsters . They were all over Earth Establishment making them precious items .

The appraiser seemed a little surprised by Ed's Inventory, and his hunting ability . It was rare to see so many Earth Establishment monsters in one place, there were almost 15 bodies . Next, Ed withdrew about 10 potions that he personally made . He was most confident that these potions would generate the most income . He had tested them himself, and the effects were better than most potions sold by the pharmacists in the capital .

"These are?!" The appraiser seemed to lose his cool when Ed withdrew the potions . He quickly regained his calm and continued his appraisal .

"There are 8 Earth Establishment level 1 monsters, 4 level 2, 2 level 3 and 1 level 5 . As well as 10 high-grade potions . The items will be further appraised to choose a starting price, as for joining the auction, we give a special ID for those who also put their items to auction . This will reduce 5% of any items you buy . In case of multiple items, you will have an 8% reduction of the total . " The appraiser explained as he told the receptionist from before to prepare the special card .

"Please use our auction next time as well . " The receptionist smiled as Ed was heading to find a seat . His ID would only be needed when he was paying for his items, while his bidding stick was the same as the others .

Ed entered the hall and was stunned . It was much bigger than he had expected . It could easily handle 1000 people . 'I wonder how the host can see all of the people . Maybe there would be people helping him?' Ed thought while looking for a seat . It was still early so most seats were open . He chose one near the front where he could look directly at the items that would be displayed .

The auction begins with monster corpses . This was good for Ed since he would get a general idea for how much his income would be . This would allow him not to go overboard with buying and end up finding trouble with the auction .

The second phase of the auction would be weapons and metals . The third phase would be potions and healing items . The last phase would be special items that range from cultivation techniques to spatial rings that belonged to bodies that the auction found .

These rings would usually belong to Transcendent Establishment people who died somehow and their bodies were recovered . In some cases, even the body would be sold to those who are interested .

As Ed was thinking, more and more people started filling the seats . Ed was surrounded by fat noble-looking men, which he found uncomfortable . He activated his Map and noticed one red dot . He immediately checked it and found that it was Norris . Ed frowned and felt that at some point this auction would become noisy .

Soon enough, it was time to begin the auction and the host took the spotlight . Ed scanned the host and found that he was at Earth Establishment level 5 . 'Quite strong . For someone who's only hosting' . Ed thought .

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome . " The host's voice could be heard clearly in the large hall without needing any voice enhancers . "For our regular guests welcome back . For the new guests, we hope you'll be back another time . Now, let the auction begin!" .