Chapter 82

Ed ran away from the scene . He was planning to return to Avalon kingdom to check up on his family and friends . Blood sect probably wouldn't dare attack many kingdoms at once, but it was still a possibility . Ed also planned on letting his father know about what happened . He also wanted to gather information on Blood sect .

Ed didn't stop to meet anyone . He already let Hayato know about his plans to leave the capital and the kingdom . Most of Ed's teammates were going to do the same thing, even Emilia was a step ahead of him .

After Ed left the capital, he didn't change from his disguise . He was going to go incognito all the way back to his kingdom . He had just killed a lieutenant of the army, so there was bound to be some pursuers . Although the king would probably delay them as much as possible, Ed still wanted to be safe . If they were to follow his tracks, they would find out that Ed was the murderer . Which might cause the lieutenant's family to declare war on Ed's family .

But if he was in his disguise, even if he was found it wouldn't matter much as Ed had his ways of running away . However, it was only a matter of time before people make the connection between Ed, and the lieutenant, which will allow them to figure out Ed's disguise . But, Ed wanted to buy as much time as possible .

Ed memorized the way back to the kingdom . It took him a couple of days before, but now he was going to do it in one day . Ed activated his Shadow Steps along with Ken . His speed was good enough to do the job . Whenever he had to change his speed, or if he met with an obstacle, Ed would simply use short teleport making him unstoppable . About two hours later, Ed was in Claw city .

Ed planned to check on Alice and her family . He wanted to know if the monster attack targeted the whole country, or simply the capital . He felt relieved to see that no damage was done to the city . 'So only the capital was targeted' . Ed figured out that the Blood sect either wanted to simply announce themselves . Or didn't have the resources to orchestrate several attacks at once .

Ed stealthily made his way to Alice's inn and checked up on the family . Everyone one of them seemed to be doing fine . It looked like they were shaken due to the news of the capital being attacked, but they were fine otherwise . The army of the kingdom would probably be more active in all other cities after the attack on the capital . Ed didn't worry much about the possibility of Norris attacking them in revenge of Ed . 'Emilia is also going to check on him...' Ed thought .

After checking up on the family, Ed continued his journey . There was still a lot of distance to cover, so he needed to use his time well . Ed continued running the same way until he suddenly noticed that his speed had increased . He checked up on his status and noticed that Spectral Shadow Steps was one level away from completion . At least, according to his estimates .

"System show me my status"

[Scanning please wait...]

Name: Edward Avalon .

Level: 24 . (12 . 500/180 . 000) [King Establishment level 4] .

Stats:

HP: 550/550 .

MP: 355/355 .

STR: 276 .

AGL: 235 .

INT: 237 .

DEF: 245 .

STA: 275 .

Skills: Three-sword style, Etiquette, Haggling, Strategy, KI control, Driving .

Abilities: Mangekyo-Sharingan, Spectral Shadow Steps, Wind magic, Fire magic, Space magic, Voice Disguise, Shunpo, Nen, Berzerk .

Monsters: Raikou, Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, Garu .

Evaluation: getting better .

'I need to break through to Earth Establishment as soon as possible...' . Ed remembered that the system told him he would be able to support Mangekyo-Sharingan, only when he is at Earth Establishment . He also needed to figure out what kind of abilities he gets from it . But, all of these were secondary objectives . His main objective was to get to Avalon kingdom and find out more about the Blood sect .

After Ed started feeling fatigued, he stopped and set up a camp to eat . It was getting dark so he was going to sleep here as well . Ed summoned everyone except Suika . He still didn't know how he was going to break the news to her . She was very close to the children . Ed cooked some food for his companions and didn't summon Suika until they were about to sleep . She looked confused as to why they were outside . She also wanted to know why Ed didn't summon her for so long .

"We're traveling somewhere for a while . " Ed simply lied to her as they slept . She seemed to notice something was wrong but didn't ask . She trusted Ed and knew he wouldn't hurt her .

In the morning, Ed recalled Suika, saying he would be running at high speed . Which he did . He was getting closer and closer to the kingdom . After a while, he rode on Raikou . As the latter knew Ed wanted to get there as soon as possible, he activated his lightning clad and ran at top speed . Although this form would usually wear down Raikou, he didn't care .

Before long, Ed could finally see the kingdom . He stopped and changed his clothes . He didn't forget to check if anyone was following him, but luckily no one did . Ed then continued towards the kingdom . As he was getting closer and closer to the kingdom he noticed that some familiar faces were near the gate .

"Halt!" The person at the gate didn't seem to notice Ed's identity and stopped . That or Raikou scared him silly .

"Don't worry It's only me" Ed waved his hands indicating he was friendly .

"Your Highness! Forgive my insolence" The guard in the gate was the one Ed had transformed into when Eric was targeted before . Ed could remember his face due to that incident . There were also some sect disciples who were present before . It seemed like Ed's father, or Leonard increased the security since then .

Raikou went into Ed's shadow, while Ed moved to the castle . It's been a while since he last saw his family .