Chapter 127

"I hope you won't mind me asking for the reason . " Ed didn't lose his cool after being turned down . Neither did he demand the reason in an unreasonable way . He made such an offer knowing exactly that such an outcome could be possible .

"Hahaha" For no reason Mehen started laughing . Yet, mid-laughter a slight sadness was seen on his scaly face . "If you had come a couple of hundred years ago, I might have agreed . However, by now I grew tired of life . Even the outside world doesn't interest me anymore . " Such was the reason for the gigantic serpent . It wasn't a reason such as being attached to the tower or anything like that . Ed understood from his words that he was tired from life itself .

"I see . It is unfortunate . I felt like we would have the most fun time together . " Ed didn't try to reason with Mehen any further . From his previous words, he knew that he Mehen wasn't going to be persuaded . At least not in a short amount of time . And Ed needed as much time as he can have .

"Unfortunately, I feel the same," Mehen said as he raised his body in the air . His yellowish-brown scales shined in the desert as they reflected the sun's light . The majestic serpent exuded a powerful aura and his presence was no different . "Let us not delay this any longer," Mehen spoke as he gazed down towards Ed the others .

Similarly, Ed and his companions got ready to battle with Mehen . "Mehen, you might be the first opponent in this world that I don't want to fight," Ed spoke as he pulled Muramasa and Ame-No-Murakumo . Gobuta and the other two who used weapons also brought out theirs . In an instant, the previous friendly atmosphere was gone . Both parties knew that holding back would be both idiotic, as well as an insult to the other .

The sun shined stronger for a single moment as if announcing the start of the battle . Mehen tensed his upper body and used it like a whip . In a second, he had struck the ground more than five times . If someone were to see the sight, it would seem like a sandstorm was taking place . Ed and the others managed to dodge the strikes easily due to their speed . However, those who were slower were affected by the sand that blew away . In the end, they managed to get out scot-free but almost got hit by the subsequent strikes .

Those that excelled at speed, like Ed and Raikou already managed to reach Mehen's body . Raikou used his lightning discharge while Ed slashed with of his swords . "It's hard..." Ed's swords were stopped by the, stronger than steel, scales . As for Raikou, the lightning moved around in the giant's body and dissipated before doing any actual damage .

On the other hand, Mehen who was unhurt by their attacks simply swung his head to both sides at an incredible speed . Raikou managed to dodge the strike while Ed blocked it with his swords, stopping the snake's attack . Sieg took the chance to invoke multiple magic attacks that targeted Mehen's head . "This is troublesome" Thought Sieg while taking notice that his attacks did no damage . Mehen's next move consisted of looking towards Sieg and opening his mouth . An instant later, a flame that could cover the sky was released engulfing Sieg inside of it .

The attack lasted a couple of seconds before stopping . "What an incredible opponent..." Sieg's barrier was actually cracked from this attack . The difference in cultivation was showing its effect in this battle . "So you survived . " Mehen extended his body to the sky once more and smashed it down while targeting Sieg . "I'm not about to let you keep doing what you want . "

Ed flew and switched Muramasa with Shusui . A flame sword wasn't going to affect such an opponent . What he needed was pure raw power to but through his scales . Ed activated his Ren, and an overwhelming amount of aura exploded out of his body . With both Shusui and Ame-No-Murakumo, he intercepted Mehen's head that was coming down at an incredible speed . "Woaaaah!" Both of them screamed at the same time trying to overpower the other . "Guh!" Mehen felt a tinge of pain near its stomach making him lose focus .

Ed capitalized on this chance and knocked Mehen's head away . Mehen reclaimed his balance as fast as he could and looked towards his stomach . Gobuta was standing there with his sword clad in his gigantic aura . Since Gobuta was Enhancer like Ed and having broken through to Heavenly Establishment, he had the most brute strength out of everyone . Even Ed might lose to him in an outright strength battle . In fact, while using Ren, like Ed just did, Gobuta was able to injure Mehen .

"Ufff . I don't feel like I can win with all of your monsters as my opponents . " Mehen let out a sigh as he looked towards Ed's group . He was currently fighting Sieg who was about to break through to level 3 Heavenly Establishment . Raikou wasn't far behind . Suika and the others are Legendary monsters the same as him . And the most troublesome one out of them all was the human that didn't seem like a human, Ed . It wasn't a wonder for him to feel this way .

"Don't call me a monster . " As always, Ed is sensitive to this word . He activated his Manekyo Sharingan and Ken . Sieg stood next to him and both of them flew even higher . "Don't let your guard down," Ed told Mehen while he focused his eye . Sieg also had a flame appear in his hand . "Hellflame!" "Amaterasu!" Ed and Sieg used the unending flames at the same . Only this time, they were using it on Mehen, not against each other .

Mehen coiled his body like a spring and jumped to the side . He managed to dodge the Hellflame, but Amaterasu managed to hit him in the side . Before the flames could do any damage, Ed noticed that Mehen's eyes went blue and become milky . His skin turned white . Less than a second later, two gigantic serpents appeared .