Chapter 108

Ed activated the strongest ability of the Mangekyo Sharingan, the Susanoo . This ability as only accessible to those who were able to activate the Mangekyo Sharingan in both eyes . It was basically an avatar made from the user's energy and was able to fight for them . "This is my stand!" Ed couldn't help but make a remark, one that no one present would understand while taking an embarrassing pose .

The Susanoo was a Japanese mythological deity, also known as the tempestuous god of valor . Ed only activated one of its less developed forms . A ribcage and two arms appeared around Ed, surrounding him . Ed's Susanoo had a bright yellow color, only comparable to the light of the sun . As soon as the arms were completely formed, Ed, targeted the turtle . Feeling danger, the turtle tried to run away from the arms . Although it was supposed to be proud of its defense, Ed broke its shell .

However, Ed could still move in this state, and the Susanoo followed him as he moved . Ed's speed could easily overshadow the turtle's . Sensing that retreat was not an option, the turtle hid back inside of its damaged shell . It seemed like it was going to use the same skill as earlier as a last resort . Yet, before it could even spin, Susanoo's arms got a hold of it, pinning it down .

The shell's head opening was now facing Ed . A water laser shot out of it . It was an attempt made by the turtle to end Ed's life, but it could only feel helpless . The ribcage of the Susanoo was enough to block the attack without sustaining any damage . "I even used Armament Haki to enforce it . Apparently, there was no need," Ed spoke while looking in the hole where the head was . Even though the turtle knew Ed couldn't see it, it felt as if his eyes were looking directly at it . It was now beyond frightened .

"Let's finish," The arms of the Susanoo increased the pressure they put on the shell . Crackling sounds started resounding, starting from the crack Ed caused on the shell . Not even ten seconds later, the shell was completely shattered . The 'Black Warrior's' pride, its defense, was broken by Ed . After losing its signature ability, the turtle was now a sitting duck . A single swing from Ed's sword was capable of killing it instantly .

*Ding*

Acquired 150 . 000 Exp .

Acquired Gacha ticketx1 .

Acquired Water magic (Level 1)

Ed was more than happy from the drops . This was only the second time he got something to drop other than Exp and Gacha tickets . As Ed de-activated his Susanoo, the teleportation light surrounded his body instead . When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a place filled with fog . He could only see a few meters in front of him, as the area was dimly lit . 'I didn't get teleported to silent hill now did I...' Ed was spooked out from the atmosphere of this floor . He was never good with horror movies or games . And this floor reminded him exactly of some of those movies he hated .

Ed snapped out of his thoughts due to the severe pain he felt . The wounds he got from the turtle along with the pain that results from using Susanoo assaulted him at once . Using Susanoo was said to be as if every single cell in the user's body was being stung by a needle . This was due to the massive amount of energy it needed to be sustained . Ed was sure he would be able to overcome the pain as time goes on . He withdrew a potion from his Inventory, drinking it immediately . His wounds were almost instantly healed . Even the pain he felt was almost non-existent now .

After drinking the potion, Ed let out a long sigh . "To think my experiments would fail..." Ed felt that his experiments were not up to par . According to him, Observation Haki, being in its early stages, needed Ryūsui Seikūken and Sharingan to be able to produce spectacular results . Relying on it alone against a strong enemy would be a stupid decision .

Armament Haki was the same . Ed couldn't use a massive amount of it . As proof, when he used it earlier with the Susanoo, it didn't change to the iconic black color . Ed could only layer a small amount of it on things, meaning he couldn't achieve the greatest result .

Finally, with Susanoo, it simply sucked Ed's energy dry . Even though he didn't even use its complete form, he still felt a massive amount of his KI being siphoned away by it . However, he felt that its battle prowess was well worth the trouble .

In the end, Ed could only come up with one solution . Training . More and more training . Ed needed to increase his reserves of KI at any cost . He used many skills and abilities, and each one of them required more KI than the other . Ed planned on layering one on top of one to achieve unparalleled results .

Ed rested for a while before opening a portal dimension . He was tired due to his fight with the turtle, so he decided not to train for the rest of the day . After entering, Ed crushed the new magic card he got and could feel himself learning how to use the Water magic . Wanting to put it to test, he created a bathtub and used the new Water magic to fill it up . After using Fire magic to heat it up, Ed jumped into the bathtub with his companions . He could feel the tiredness leaving his worn-out body .

After leaving the bath, Ed created a couple of beds and went to sleep . He didn't bother with anything else . Luckily for him, ever since upgrading his Mangekyo Sharingan, he didn't have to worry about a good night's sleep . Now, he was able to take hot baths and sleep on luxurious beds every day . If anyone on the tower knew about the kind of life Ed was having, they would bite their nails in envy .

Ed woke up to thunder-like rumbling sound . It was his stomach . He didn't eat in a long time, so his stomach was demanding attention . Ed cooked up a hearty meal for him and his companions, and they all ate to their fill . It was now time to hunt . Ed got out of the dimension and canceled it . He started walking around the fog, and after a while, he stumbled upon a human figure . Ed was finally going to meet a human on the tower .